- Dongseo University
Dongseo University 동서대학교 Motto Truth, Creativity, Service
(진리 - 창조 - 봉사)
Established 1992 Type Private President Park, Dong Soon Academic staff Full-time 300 Undergraduates 10,007 Postgraduates 500 Location Busan, South Korea Campus Urban Mascot Bold Eagle (독수리) website = www.dongseo.ac.kr
Dongseo University is a major private university in the South Korean port city of Busan. About 300 full time faculty members and 600 instructors are employed. The current president is Dong Soon Park (박동순). It has 10,000 full time undergraduate students 500 graduate school students.
Four Educational Concepts
1. Humane Education: Foster an individual with virtues that harmonizes with others based on the spirit of love, service and responsibility.
2. Foreign Language Education: Foster an individual with global mentality and ability that uses foreign languages as a global leader.
3. Information Education: Foster an individual equipped with information processing ability that's needed in the era of information.
4. University and Industry Co-Education: Foster an individual who contributes to the development of community and mankind through the establishment of an industrial-academic cooperation system.
Three Visions for Educational Renovations
1. Globalization through global Standard Education: Dongseo University concentrates on developing a global standard workforce for the 21st century with close collaboration with 82 renowned Universities in 21 countries. DSU established an advanced global education system through installing muliti-faceted local and international dual degree system.
2. Specialization through Digital Innovation: DSU emphasizes on fostering digitalized talents for the 21st century through a specially innovated education infrastructures such as Graduate School of Digital Design and IT, Digital Image Design Innovation Center (DIDIC), and Regional Technology Innovation Center for Ubiquitous Computer Graphics Application (U-RIC), and establishment of Im Kwon Teek College of Film & Performing Arts.
3. Information Literacy through establishment of Ubiquitous system: The information based U-Campus fosters digitalized workforces through the use of a mobile based system as well as high-tech facilities with high speed gigabite information network.
Undergraduate training is provided in the fields of e-business, visual communication, international relations, foreign languages, social welfare, information systems engineering, internet engineering, construction, applied bioengineering, digital content, digital design, leisure and sports science, Health & Science, Im Kwon Taek School of Film & performing arts. At the graduate level, specialized graduate schools exist for digital design, software, and information and management. In addition, the general graduate school provides training in fields such as Japanese studies and bioengineering.
The university was founded by Sung Man Chang (장성만) and the Dongseo Educational Foundation. It was founded in 1992 as Dongseo College of Engineering (동서공과대학). Its status was raised to that of a university the following year.
Under the slogan of "Top Ten & To The World", Dongseo University had established a global network competing and collaborating with other global universities. It had signed the agreements on academic cooperation with 82 renowned foreign universities and research centers in 22 countries such as USA, China, and Japan.
Australia University of the Sunshine Coast
Brazil Centro Universitário Feevale
Canada Concordia University, University of Saskatchewan
China Beijing Institute of Technology, Capital Normal University, Communication University of China, Liaoning Normal University, Qingdao University, Shandong University, Shanghai University of Engineering Sciences, Shenzhen University, Sun Yat-Sen University, Yanbian University of Science and Technology
Finland University of Oulu
France INSA (Institut National Des Sciences Appliquees de Rouen), MOD'ART International
Germany Biotechnologiepark Luckenwalde, Friedrich-Alexander-University, Erlangen-Nuremberg, Kunsthochschule Berlin-Weissensee, Technical University of Berlin
Indonesia Petra Christian University Universitas Ciputra
Japan Beppu University, Chiba Institute of Technology, Josai International University, Josai University, Kansai Gaidai University, Kansai University of International Studies, Kobe Design University, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Kyushu Institute of Design, Kyushu Kyoritsu University, Kyushu Women's Junior College, Kyushu Women's University, Musashino Art University, Nagaoka Institute of Design, Nagasaki International University, Osaka Sangyo University, Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, Ritsumeikan University, Ryutsu Keizai University, Tezukayama University
Kyrgyz Republic Kyrgyz-Russian Slavic University
Malaysia Multimedia University
Mongolia National University of Mongolia, UNITEC Institute of Technology
New Zealand Wellington Institute of Technology
Russia Institute for Far Eastern Studies, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow State Institute of International Relations, Novosibirsk Regional Administration, Sakhalin Institute of Economics, Law and Informatics, Sakhalin State University, Siberian Transport University
U.S.A Albright College, Chicago State University, Clark College[disambiguation needed ], Fairleigh Dickinson University, Hope International University, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, University of California
Vietnam Hanoi University of Civil Engineering
- List of colleges and universities in South Korea
- List of Korea-related topics
- Education in South Korea
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.