- Nash, North Dakota
Nash — Census-designated place — Coordinates: Country United States State North Dakota County Walsh Population (2010) – Total 32 Time zone Central (CST) (UTC-6) – Summer (DST) CDT (UTC-5) ZIP code 58237 Area code(s) 701
Nash is an census-designated place in Walsh County in the U.S. State of North Dakota. The unincorporated community is located in Farmington Township, northwest of Grafton, North Dakota. It was founded in 1890 as a station along the Great Northern Railroad and named for the Nash brothers, pioneer settlers in the area who operated a fruit store in Grafton and started what is now the Nash Finch Company, the third-largest food wholesaler in the United States.
Nash was designated as part of the U.S. Census Bureau's Participant Statistical Areas Program on March 31, 2010. It was not counted separately during the 2000 Census, but was included in the 2010 Census, where a population of 32 was reported.
- ^ a b "2010 Census Redistricting Data (Public Law 94-171) Summary File". American FactFinder. United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?pid=DEC_10_PL_GCTPL2.ST13&prodType=table. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- ^ Wick, Douglas A. (1988). North Dakota Place Names. Bismarck, North Dakota: Hedemarken Collectibles. pp. 135. ISBN 0-9620968-0-6. OCLC 191277027. http://www.webfamilytree.com/North_Dakota_Place_Names/N/nash_%28walsh_county%29.htm.
- ^ Williams, Mary Ann (Barnes) (1966). Origins of North Dakota Place Names. Bismarck, North Dakota: Bismarck Tribune, 1966. pp. 328. OCLC 431626.
- ^ "Nash Census Designated Place". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnispublic/f?p=gnispq:3:::NO::P3_FID:2584352. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- ^ U.S. Census Bureau (2003). "Population and Housing Unit Counts, North Dakota" (PDF). 2000 Census of Population and Housing. Government Printing Office. http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2000/phc-3-36.pdf. Retrieved 2008-07-20.
- ^ U.S. Census Bureau (February 13, 2008). "Census Designated Place (CDP) Program for the 2010 Census—Final Criteria" (PDF). Federal Register. http://www.census.gov/geo/www/psap2010/cdp_criteria.pdf. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
Municipalities and communities of Walsh County, North Dakota Cities Townships
Acton | Adams | Ardoch | Cleveland | Dewey | Dundee | Eden | Farmington | Fertile | Forest River | Glenwood | Golden | Grafton | Harriston | Kensington | Kinloss | Lampton | Latona | Martin | Medford | Nash | Norton | Oakwood | Ops | Perth | Prairie Centre | Pulaski | Rushford | St. Andrews | Sauter | Shepherd | Silvesta | Tiber | Vernon | Vesta | Walsh Centre | Walshville
Auburn | Nash
Cashel | Herrick | Herriott | Kellogg | Kerry | Mandt | Oakwood | Ops | Pleasant Valley | Poland | Veseleyville | Voss | Warsaw
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Minto, North Dakota — City Minto, North Dakota … Wikipedia
Conway, North Dakota — City An old service station in Conway … Wikipedia
Dahlen, North Dakota — Census designated place … Wikipedia
McVille, North Dakota — McVille redirects here. For the unincorporated place in Indiana, see McVille, Indiana. McVille, North Dakota City Motto: Small enough to know you, yet large enough to serve you … Wikipedia
National Register of Historic Places listings in Walsh County, North Dakota — Location of Walsh County in North Dakota This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Walsh County, North Dakota. This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of… … Wikipedia
Nelson County, North Dakota — Location in the state of North Dakota … Wikipedia
Michigan City, North Dakota — City The railroad and grain elevators in Michigan City … Wikipedia
List of school districts in North Dakota — This is a list of school districts in the state of North Dakota.Adams Countyschool districts in Adams County:Barnes Countyschool districts in Barnes County:Benson Countyschool districts in Benson County:Bottineau Countyschool districtsin… … Wikipedia
List of townships in North Dakota — This is an incomplete list of civil townships in North Dakota by county based on United States Geological Survey and U.S. Census data. See: List of counties in North Dakota, List of cities in North Dakota. NOTOC Adams County* Beisigl * Bucyrus *… … Wikipedia
Miracle Mart (North Dakota) — Miracle Mart Type Private Industry Supermarket Founded ca. 1976 Headquarters … Wikipedia