- Coles Corner (album)
Coles Corner Studio album by Richard Hawley Released 5 September 2005 Recorded Yellow Arch Studios, Sheffield Genre Chamber pop Length 46:09 Label Mute (STUMM 251) Producer Richard Hawley, Colin Elliot, Mike Timm Professional reviews Richard Hawley chronology Lowedges
Coles Corner is the fourth studio album from musician Richard Hawley, released in September 2005 in the UK. The title track immortalizes the legendary Sheffield landmark Coles Corner, a popular meeting place of old and new lovers. The album was nominated for the 2006 Mercury Music Prize for best album.
All tracks written by Richard Hawley, except where noted.
- "Coles Corner" – 4:49
- "Just Like the Rain" – 3:17
- "Hotel Room" – 3:42
- "Darlin' Wait for Me" (Hawley, Shez Sheridan) – 3:53
- "The Ocean" – 5:36
- "Born Under a Bad Sign" – 3:41
- "I Sleep Alone" – 3:44
- "Tonight" – 4:32
- "(Wading Through) The Waters of My Time" – 3:48
- "Who's Gonna Shoe Your Pretty Little Feet?" – 4:08
- "Last Orders" (traditional; arranged by Hawley) – 4:59
In the UK, six singles were released from the album:
- "The Ocean" (August 22, 2005) - # 102 UK
- CD (CD MUTE 347): "The Ocean" (single version) / "The Ocean" (album version)
- 7" vinyl (MUTE 347): "The Ocean" (single version) / "Kelham Island"
- "Coles Corner" (October 31, 2005) - # 146 UK
- CD (CD MUTE 352) b/w: "I'm Absolutely Hank Marvin"
- 7" vinyl (MUTE 352) b/w: "A Bird Never Flew on One Wing"
- "Just Like the Rain" (January 23, 2006) - # 94 UK
- CD (CD MUTE 357): "Just Like the Rain" (single version) / "Room with a View" / "Long Black Veil"
- "Born Under a Bad Sign" (March 20, 2006) - # 81 UK
- CD (CD MUTE 362): "Born Under a Bad Sign" (single version) / "Dark Road" / "Just Like the Rain" (enhanced video)
- 7" vinyl (MUTE 362): "Born Under a Bad Sign" (single version) / "I'm Just Here to Get My Baby Out of Jail"
- "Coles Corner" (re-issue) (June 12, 2006) - # 136 UK
- CD (CD MUTE 367) b/w: "Long Black Train"
- 7" vinyl (MUTE 367) b/w: "Can You Hear the Rain, Love?" (Live Acoustic)
- "Hotel Room" (September 4, 2006) - # 64 UK
- CD (CD MUTE 379): "Hotel Room" (single version) / "Young and Beautiful" (Live Acoustic)
- 7" vinyl (MUTE 379): "Hotel Room" (single version) / "Some Candy Talking"
- Richard Hawley – vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, 12-string acoustic guitar, 12-string electric guitar, baritone guitar, Spanish guitar, Hawaiian lap steel, hammer dulcimer, enchanted lyre, omnichord, piano, drums, steel drum, vibraphone, baby glock
- Shez Sheridan – acoustic guitar, electric guitar, 12-string acoustic guitar, 12-string electric guitar, baritone guitar, reverb trem guitar, backing vocals
- John Trier – piano, Fender rhodes, vibraphone, baby glock
- Colin Elliot – baritone guitar, electric bass, upright bass, piano, percussion, backing vocals, string arrangements
- Andy Cook – drums
- Johnny Wood – upright slap bass
- Violins – Gaynor Sutcliffe, Lizz Lipscombe, Susannah Simmons, Lizzie Ball
- Violas – Naomi Koop, Simon Graham
- Cello – Liz Hanks
Richard Hawley Studio albums Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Coles Corner (disambiguation) — Coles Corner is the corner of Fargate and Church Street in Sheffield, England. Coles Corner may also refer to: Coles Corner (album), an album by Richard Hawley See also Cole Brothers, now John Lewis, a department store in Sheffield, England This… … Wikipedia
Coles Corner — For other uses, see Coles Corner (disambiguation). Modern day Coles Corner. Coles Corner is the name given to the corner of Fargate and Church Street in Sheffield, England in sight of the cathedral. It was the site of the old Cole Brothers… … Wikipedia
Coles Corner — Cole s Corner est un album de musique de Richard Hawley sorti en 2005. Titres de l’album Toutes les compositions ont été écrites par Richard Hawley, sauf (*). Cole s Corner – 4:49 Just Like the Rain – 3:17 Hotel Room – 3:42 Darlin Wait for Me… … Wikipédia en Français
Made in Sheffield (album) — Infobox Album Name = Made in Sheffield Type = studio Artist = Tony Christie Released = Start date|2008|11|10 Recorded = Yellow Arch Studios, Sheffield Genre = pop, rock Length = Label = Decca/Autonomy Producer = Richard Hawley, Colin Elliott… … Wikipedia
Lady's Bridge (album) — Infobox Album Name = Lady s Bridge Type = Album Artist = Richard Hawley Background = Released = August 20, 2007 (UK) October 9, 2007 (US) Recorded = Genre = Alternative pop Length = Label = Mute Records Producer = Richard Hawley, Colin Elliot,… … Wikipedia
Aerial (album) — Infobox Album Name = Aerial Type = studio Artist = Kate Bush Released = November 2005 Recorded = 1999–2005 Genre = Alternative rock, art rock, pop rock Length = 80:19 Label = EMI Producer = Kate Bush Reviews = * Rolling Stone Rating|4|5… … Wikipedia
Richard Hawley — (born Richard Willis Hawley, 17 January 1967, Sheffield, England) is a guitarist, singer, songwriter and producer. After his first band, Treebound Story (formed while he was still at school), broke up, Hawley found success as a member of Britpop… … Wikipedia
Richard Hawley — Richard Willis Hawley (* 17. Januar 1967, Sheffield) ist ein britischer Sänger, Musiker und Songwriter. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 Laufbahn 2 Musik 3 Alben 4 EP … Deutsch Wikipedia
Mute Records discography — The following is a list of items with recorded Mute Records catalogue numbers, starting with label founder Daniel Miller s single as The Normal. The discography is broken down by singles with a Mute catalogue number and albums with a Stumm… … Wikipedia
Fargate — is a pedestrian precinct and shopping area in Sheffield, England. It runs between Barker s Pool and High Street opposite the cathedral. It was pedestrianised in 1973. Underneath all of Fargate there are mass medieval graves. Fargate also holds a… … Wikipedia