Town hall Administration Country France Region Nord-Pas-de-Calais Department Pas-de-Calais Arrondissement Arras Canton Dainville Intercommunality Artois Mayor Jean-Pierre Delcour
Statistics Elevation 77–145 m (253–476 ft)
(avg. 91 m/299 ft)
Land area1 4.86 km2 (1.88 sq mi) Population2 502 (1999) - Density 103 /km2 (270 /sq mi) INSEE/Postal code 62007/ 62144 1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries. 2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
- This article is about a commune in northern France. For information about the chemical compound ACQ see Alkaline Copper Quaternary.
A farming village located 6 miles (9 km) northwest of Arras, by the banks of the Scarpe river, at the D62 and D49 road junction.
Historical population of Acq 1962 1968 1975 1982 1990 1999 394 413 412 457 511 502 From the year 1962 on: population without double counting—residents of multiple communes (e.g. students and military personnel) are counted only once.
Places of interest
- The church of St.Géry, dating from the sixteenth century.
- The remains of a motte of an ancient castle.
- Two menhirs nearby, known as the 'Stones of Acq'.
- Acq on the Quid website (French)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.