- Rage (band)
From left to right: Victor Smolski, Peavy Wagner, and André Hilgers, after a 2008 performance in Milan, Italy
Background information Also known as Avenger Origin Herne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany Genres Heavy metal, speed metal, power metal, progressive metal, thrash metal Years active 1984-present Labels Noise, Nuclear Blast, SPV Associated acts Kipelov, Stratovarius, Savage Circus, Silent Force, Masterplan, Sub7even, Axel Rudi Pell, Mind Odyssey Website www.rage-on.de Members Peavy Wagner
Past members See: Former members section
Rage are a German heavy metal band, formed in 1984. They were part of the German heavy/speed/power metal scene to emerge in the early to mid 1980s, along with bands such as Helloween, Running Wild and Blind Guardian.
Rage formed in 1984 under the name, Avenger. After releasing their debut album Prayers of Steel and their Depraved to Black EP in 1985, the band changed their name to Rage because there was another band in England that also carried the moniker. Originally the new name was to be Furious Rage but it was eventually shortened to Rage. The first album released under the new name was Reign of Fear in 1986.
Their 1992 album Trapped! marked their international breakthrough, a short highlight being Rage's tour in Japan. Their success was repeated again in 1993 with the release of The Missing Link. After change in their lineup, Rage went on to record Lingua Mortis, the first classical album by a German metal act, in 1996. Their material was performed live for the first time in late summer 1996 in Kufstein, Austria. Subsequently, Rage, and the orchestra used, embarked on a celebrated Christmas tour and played several European festivals.
The trio performed at Wacken Open Air in August 1999, revealing their newest album Welcome to the Other Side. The following releases Unity and Soundchaser were met with enthusiastic response from critics and fans alike. Rage toured with Primal Fear in 2002 and Helloween in 2003.
Rage recently celebrated their 25th anniversary with the release of the EP "Gib Dich Nie Auf / Never Give Up".
In 2007, the band toured in Europe with a show featuring one symphonic orchestra from Minsk, Belarus under the name "Lingua Mortis Orchestra", and the concert in that August at Wacken Open Air at 80,000 fans was recorded for a DVD to be included as bonus to their new album called Carved in Stone, which was released on 22 February 2008.
The band played at Bundesvision Song Contest 2009 (BUVISOCO) on 13 February 2009, the Festival was hosted by Stefan Raab (TV Total). Rage became more famous through their participation in the show, as well as by being placed third.
Rage expect to enter the studio in October 2011 to begin recording their next album for an early 2012 release.
- Peter "Peavy" Wagner – vocals, bass (1984–present)
- Victor Smolski – guitar (1999–present)
- André Hilgers – drums (2007–present)
- Alf Meyerratken – guitar (1985)
- Thomas Grüning – guitar (1985–1986)
- Jochen Schröder – guitar (1985–1987)
- Jörg Michael – drums (1985–1987)
- Rudi Graf – guitar (1987)
- Manni Schmidt – guitar (1988–1994)
- Chris Efthimiadis – drums (1988–1999)
- Ulli Cohler - keyboards (1990)
- Spiros Efthimiadis – guitar (1994–1999)
- Sven Fischer – guitar (1994–1999)
- Christian Wolff - keyboards (1996–1999)
- Mike Terrana – drums (1999–2006)
Albums as Rage
- Reign of Fear (1986)
- Execution Guaranteed (1987)
- Perfect Man (1988)
- Secrets in a Weird World (1989)
- Reflections of a Shadow (1990)
- Trapped! (1992)
- The Missing Link (1993)
- 10 Years in Rage (1994)
- Black in Mind (1995)
- Lingua Mortis (1996)
- End of All Days (1996)
- XIII (1998)
- Ghosts (1999)
- Welcome to the Other Side (2001)
- Unity (2002)
- Soundchaser (2003)
- Speak of the Dead (2006)
- Carved in Stone (2008)
- Strings to a Web (2010)
- Extended Power (1991)
- Beyond the Wall (1992)
- Refuge (Japan) (1993)
- Higher than the Sky (Japan) (1996)
- Live from the Vault (Japan) (1997)
- Gib Dich Nie Auf / Never Give Up (2009)
- Power of Metal (1994)
- From the Cradle to the Stage (2004)
- Full Moon in St. Petersburg (2007)
- The Video Link (1994)
- From the Cradle to the Stage (2004)
- Full Moon in St. Petersburg (2007)
- ^ "Victor Smolski from Rage – Exclusive Interview with The Backdoor | The Backdoor". Backdoormag.com. http://backdoormag.com/victor-smolski-from-rage-exclusive-interview-with-backdoor.html. Retrieved 2011-10-22.
- ^ Christian Behrens. "Rage-on.de". Rage-on.de. http://www.rage-on.de/content/de/band/band.html. Retrieved 2011-10-22.
- ^ "Metal-online.com". Metal-online.com. 2008-12-19. http://www.metal-online.com/de/2008/12/19/rage-beim-bundesvision-song-contest/. Retrieved 2011-10-22.
- ^ "RAGE To Enter Studio In October". Roadrunnerrecords.com. http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=162946. Retrieved 2011-10-22.
Avenger albums Studio albumsReign of Fear (1986) · Execution Guaranteed (1987) · Perfect Man (1988) · Secrets in a Weird World (1989) · Reflections of a Shadow (1990) · Trapped! (1992) · The Missing Link (1993) · 10 Years in Rage (1994) · Black in Mind (1995) · Lingua Mortis (1996) · End of All Days (1996) · XIII (1998) · Ghosts (1999) · Welcome to the Other Side (2001) · Unity (2002) · Soundchaser (2003) · Speak of the Dead (2006) · Carved in Stone (2008) · Strings to a Web (2010) EPExtended Power (1991) · Beyond the Wall (1992) · Refuge (Japan) (1993) · Higher Than the Sky (Japan) (1996) · Live from the Vault (Japan) (1997) · "Gib Dich Nie Auf / Never Give Up" (2009) LivePower of Metal (1994) · From the Cradle to the Stage (2004) · Full Moon in St. Petersburg (2007)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Rage (Band) — Rage Rage nach einem Konzert in Bochum, 1. April 2008 … Deutsch Wikipedia
Rage — may refer to: * The Iliad * Rage (emotion) * Rage (comics), a fictional character from Marvel Comics * Rage (novel), by Stephen King * RAGE (receptor), the biological receptor for advanced glycation endproducts * Rage (roller coaster), A beyond… … Wikipedia
RAGE — Die Rage [ˈraːʒə] (französisch rage [ʀaʒ], „Wut“) bedeutet: Wut, Raserei ein Synonym für Tollwut Rage (englisch rage [ɹeɪdʒ], „Wut“) steht für Folgendes: Name einer deutschen Power Metal Band, siehe Rage (Band) Kurzbezeichnung einer… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Rage — Die Rage [ˈraːʒə] (französisch rage [ʀaʒ], ‚Wut‘) steht für: Tollwut, veraltete Bezeichnung Rage (englisch rage [ɹeɪdʒ], ‚Wut‘) steht für: Rage (Band), deutsche Power Metal Band Rage Against the Machine, Kurzbezeichnung einer amerikanischen… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Rage (группа) — У этого термина существуют и другие значения, см. Rage. Rage … Википедия
Rage in Eden — Studioalbum von Ultravox Veröffentlichung 11. September 1981 Label Chrysalis Records … Deutsch Wikipedia
Rage Against the Machine (Album) — Rage Against the Machine Studioalbum von Rage Against the Machine Veröffentlichung 3. November 1992 Label Epic Records/S … Deutsch Wikipedia
Rage Against the Machine — au Big Day Out 2008, Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne. Surnom Rage, RATM … Wikipédia en Français
Rage Against The Machine — Rage Against The Machine au Big Day Out 2008, Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne. Pays d’origine Los Angeles … Wikipédia en Français
Rage against the machine — Rage Against The Machine au Big Day Out 2008, Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne. Pays d’origine Los Angeles … Wikipédia en Français