- Lee Byung-hun
name = Lee Byung-Hun
birthdate = birth date and age|1970|7|12
location = Flagicon|KOR
Seoul, South Korea
yearsactive = 1991 - present
homepage = Infobox Korean name
Lee Byung-hun (born on
July 12, 1970in Seoul, South Korea) is a South Korean actor. He is most famous for acting in Park Chan-wook's " Joint Security Area" and Kim Ji-woon's " A Bittersweet Life".
After Lee's role in "
Bungee Jumping of Their Own", his acting talent gathered widespread recognition.
Lee has recently played a part in the movie "
Everybody Has Secrets" with Choi Ji Woo, Chu Sang Miand Kim Hyo Jin, a movie about three sisters who fall in love with Lee Soo-hyon. Soo-hyon falls in love with one of the sisters, leaving the other two heartbroken. The movie has reached a very high bid of US$5.5 million in Japan." A Bittersweet Life", released in 2005, was well received by critics.
In 2005, Lee released his biographies "Limited", "Brave" and "Human" during his visit to
Singapore, a 3- DVDcollection in which he talked about his life and acting career.
His likeness was used for the main character in the
Capcomvideo game "" which was released on January 12, 2007.
In December 2007, it was confirmed that Lee was cast as the villain Storm Shadow in the upcoming live-action "G.I. Joe" film. [ [http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3973&Itemid=99 IESB.net - Movie News, Reviews, Interviews and More! - UPDATED WITH STUDIO CONFIRMATION - GI Joe Casting! ] ] This will become his Hollywood debut film. [citeweb |url=http://www.asahi.com/culture/korea/TKY200802100058.html |title=イ・ビョンホン、ハリウッドメジャー映画のオファー受ける |accessdate=2008-02-11]
Lee is fluent in English and able to speak French and Mandarin, in addition to his native Korean. He also has a Westernised name, Brian. [ [http://www.leebyunghun.com.hk/pmain_eng.htm Profile] ; [http://www.byunghunlee.org/happymoments/021103-01.htm BH Meets Singapore Fans in Seoul] ]
Lee is a Buddhist. [cite web |url=http://www.leebyunghun.com/2005/about/about_profile_English.html |title=Lee Byung Hun-Profile |accessdate=2008-05-29 |publisher=Byunghun & Rubeurs ]
Lee was shooting "
Harmonium in My Memory" in 1997 when his father, Lee In-chul, died. Lee's younger sister, Lee Eun-Hee is eight years his junior. She was the the 1997 Miss Korea.
He was also once romantically linked to actress
Song Hye Kyo(Song Hae Gyo) who was the lead actress in the drama All In.
The Good, the Bad, the Weird"
I Come with the Rain"
Once in a Summer"
A Bittersweet Life"
Three Extremes" - segment "Cut"
Everybody Has Secrets"
Bungee Jumping of Their Own"
*2000 "Joint Security Area"
Harmonium in My Memory"
Elegy of the Earth"
Kill the Love"
Who Drives Me Mad?"
* 2009 IRIS
* 2001 Road
* 1999 Sally is Back
* 1999 Sun Flower
* 1999 Happy Together
* 1998 White Night 3.98
* 1997 White Sand
* 1997 I Do
* 1997 Beautiful My Lady
* 1995 Son Of Wind
* 1995 The Asphalt Guy(The Legend Of Car God)
* 1994 The Fragrance of Love
* 1993 Police
* 1993 The Sorrow of the Survivor
* 1992 Tomorrow Love
* 1992 Dawn
* 1992 Days of Sunshine
* 1992 Wild Sunflower
* 1991 Flower That Never Wilt
* 1991 Family
* 1991 Asphalt My Hometown, Asphalt
* Best Leading Actor, (movie category) of 2006, 42nd Baek-sang Award
* Best Leading Actor, Korean Film Award (2005)
* Best Leading Actor, Busan Cinema Critics Award (2005)
* Best Performing Actor (drama category) of 2003, 39th Baek-sang Award
* Best Performing Actor (movie category) of 2002, 38th Baek-sang Award
* Best Performing Actor of 2001, SBS
* Blue Dragon Most Popular Actor (2001)
* Photogenic Prize & Korea Image Grand Prix
* Best Leading Actor, Busan Cinemas Critics Award (2000)
* Best Performing Actor of 1996, KBS (Dec 96)
* Best Performing Actor of 1995, KBS (Dec 95)
* Best Performing Actor of 1993, KBS (Dec 93)
* Best Performing Actor of 1992, KBS (Dec 92)
* Daewang Elementary School
* Youngdong Middle School
* Chungdong High School
* (Major in French Literature)
* Graduate School of
Chung-Ang University(Major in Theater and Cinematography)
* [http://www.leebyunghun.com/ Official Site]
* [http://www.leebyunghun.com.hk/ Hong Kong Fan Page (In English/Chinese)]
* [http://www.cinemakorea.com/leebyunghun.htm Profile Page]
* [http://byunghun.excite.co.jp/ Japanese Official Fan Club Site]
* [http://www.byunghunlee.pe.kr/ Korean/Japanese Fansite]
* [http://www.gbreak.com/index/directory/directory_entertainment_373_display.html Lee Byung-Hun Profile & Photo Gallery]
* [http://www.byunghunlee.org/ Singapore fansite]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Lee Byung-Hun — Hangeul 이병헌 Hanja 李炳憲 Romanisation révisée I Byeong hun McCune Reischauer Yi Pyŏng hŏn … Wikipédia en Français
Lee Byung-hun — Lee auf dem Toronto International Film Festival (2008) Koreanische Schreibweise Siehe auch: Koreanischer Name … Deutsch Wikipedia
Lee Byung-hun — Dans ce nom coréen, le nom de famille, Lee, précède le prénom. Lee Byung hun Hangeul 이병헌 Hanja … Wikipédia en Français
Lee Min-sung — Pas d image ? Cliquez ici. Situation actuelle Club actuel … Wikipédia en Français
Lee Dong-Gook — Pas d image ? Cliquez ici. Situation actuelle Club actuel Chonbuk … Wikipédia en Français
Lee dong-gook — Pas d image ? Cliquez ici. Situation actuelle Club actuel Chonbuk … Wikipédia en Français
Lee Dong-Gook — This is a Korean name; the family name is Lee. Lee Dong Gook Personal information Full name … Wikipedia
Lee Sang-Yoon — Dans ce nom asiatique, le nom de famille, Lee, précède le prénom. Lee Sang yoon Pas d image ? Cliquez ici. Situation a … Wikipédia en Français
Lee Dong-gook — Dans ce nom coréen, le nom de famille, Lee, précède le prénom. Lee Dong Gook Pas d image ? Cliquez ici … Wikipédia en Français
Lee Kun-hee — Koreanische Schreibweise Siehe auch: Koreanischer Name Koreanisches Alphabet: 이건희 Chinesische Schriftzeichen: 李健熙 Revidierte Romanisierung: I Geon hui … Deutsch Wikipedia