- Tarlton Rayment
Percy Tarlton Rayment FRZS (
27 November 1882– 17 June 1964) was an Australian artist, author, broadcaster, poet, naturalist, entomologistand beekeeperof English origin. He was born in Reading, Berkshire, moved to Australia as a young man, and died in Melbourne, Victoria. He is especially renowned for his extensive pioneering studies of Australia’s native bees.
Apart from numerous papers and articles in the entomological literature and in natural history journals and popular magazines, books authored by Rayment include:
* 1916 - "Money in Bees in Australasia". Whitcombe & Tombs: Melbourne. (Handbook to beekeeping).
* 1933 - "The Prince of the Totem". Robertson & Mullens: Melbourne. (Collection of Aboriginal tales and legends for children).
* 1935 - "A Cluster of Bees". Endeavour Press: Sydney. (Major monograph comprising 60 essays on Australian bees).
* 1937 - "The Valley of the Sky". Ivor Nicholson & Watson: London. (Novel).
* 1945 - "Eagles and Earthlings. A metrical tribute to the air crews in the war". Author. (Poetry).
* 1946 - "Profitable Honey Plants of Australasia". Whitcombe & Tombs: Melbourne. (Handbook to beekeeping).
* 1953 - "Bees of the Portland District". Portland Field Naturalists Club.
* Young, Lynette. (1967). "The Melody Lingers On. Biography of Tarlton Rayment". Hawthorn Press: Melbourne.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Tarlton — may refer to:* Tarlton, Ohio, United States * Tarlton Rayment (1882 1964), Australian artist, author, broadcaster, poet, naturalist, entomologist and beekeeperPeople with the surname Tarlton:* Donald K. Tarlton (born 1943), Canadian entertainment … Wikipedia
Rica Erickson — Infobox Person name = Rica Erickson caption = Cover of Orchids of the West (1951), Erickson s first book. birth date = birth date and age|1908|8|10 birth place = Boulder, Western Australia death date = death place = occupation = Naturalist,… … Wikipedia
Australian Natural History Medallion — The Australian Natural History Medallion is awarded each year by the Field Naturalists Club of Victoria to the person judged to have made the most meritorious contribution to the understanding of Australian Natural History. The Medallion has been … Wikipedia
Medalla Australiana de Historia Natural — La Medalla Australiana de Historia Natural (Australian Natural History Medallion) es otorgada cada año por el Club de Victoria de Naturalistas de Campo , a la persona considerada que ha hecho la contribución más meritoria a la comprensión de la… … Wikipedia Español