- 7 Year Bitch
Infobox Musical artist
Name = 7 Year Bitch
Img_size = 200 px
Landscape = no
Background = group_or_band
Seattle, Washington, USA
Punk rock, hard rock, grunge
Years_active = 1990-1997
Label = C/Z
Past_members = Selene Vigil
Lisa Faye Beatty
7 Year Bitch was a
punk rockband from Seattle, Washingtonthat was active between 1990 and 1997. Their career yielded three albums, and was impacted by the tragic deaths of their guitarist Stefanie Sargeant and close-friend Mia Zapataof The Gits.
7 Year Bitch was formed in 1990 by vocalist Selene Vigil, guitarist Stefanie Sargent, bassist Elizabeth Davis and drummer Valerie Agnew. Vigil, Sargent, and Agnew had been playing together in the Seattle band Barbie's Dream Car when their bassist left for Europe. They subsequently recruited Davis and renamed their band after the movie
Seven Year Itch.
At their first concert, the band opened for
The Gits, who would prove to have a significant influence on their music. In 1991 the band released the single "Lorna" and signed with C/Z Records. Their first album, " Sick 'Em", was released in 1992, but it was overshadowed by Sargent's death on June 27 due to a drug overdose. After a prolonged period of uncertainty, the band decided to continue, recruiting guitarist Roisin Dunne as Sargent's replacement later that year.
In July 1993, longtime friend and Gits frontwoman
Mia Zapatawas brutally raped and murdered while walking home late at night. This event, coupled with Sargent's overdose the previous year, had a profound effect on the group. As a reaction, the band recorded and released their second album " ¡Viva Zapata!" (1994) in tribute to both of their fallen friends. Valerie Agnew also became the primary instigator and co-founder of the anti-violence and self-defence organisation Home Alive. [ [http://www.homealive.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=35 History] , Home Alive site.] [Cynthia Rose, [http://www.state51.co.uk/hottips/496/homealive.html Safety and Violence Hot Topics on Celebrity-Packed CD] , on state51.co.uk.] [ [http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/2200/art37.html Fabula magazine interview] with 7 Year Bitch] On April 8, 1994, the band played a benefit show for Rock Against Domestic Violence alongside Babes in Toyland and Jack Off Jill.
In 1995 the band signed with
Atlantic Records, and in 1996 released their third album, " Gato Negro". Following the tour supporting "Gato Negro", guitarist Roisin Dunne left, and was replaced by Lisa Faye Beatty, the band's live sound engineer and long-time friend.
In early 1997, the band began recording material for what was to be their fourth album. However, the sessions were quickly marred after the band received news that they were being dropped by Atlantic Records. Without the support of a major label, and with waning internal interest in the group, 7 Year Bitch disbanded.
Following the break-up of 7 Year Bitch, bassist Elizabeth Davis joined the San Francisco-based band Clone, with whom she performed with until 2003. In 2005 she helped to form the band
Von Iva. Vocalist Selene Vigil formed a gothic/psychedelic-influenced band by the name of Cistine, in 2000. On December 10, 2005 Vigil married Brad Wilk, drummer for Rage Against the Machineand Audioslave, her boyfriend of ten years. [ [http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2005/dec05/20051214_audioslave.html Audioslave] undercover.com] Roisin Dunne joined the band The Last Goodbye in 2006, and now resides in New York.
Their songs, "The Scratch" and "Icy Blue" were featured in the movie "Mad Love" with
Drew Barrymoreand Chris O'Donnell.
* Selene Vigil —
* Stefanie Sargent — guitar (1968–1992) (died of a
heroinoverdose on June 27, 1992)
* LeeAnn Rose —
accordion(Famous for single "One Hott Mama")
* Elizabeth Davis — bass
* Valerie Agnew — drums
* Roisin Dunne — guitar (1992–1996)
* Lisa Faye Beatty — guitar (1996–1997)
*"Lorna" b/w "No Fucking War," "You Smell Lonely" (Rathouse/Face The Music Records), (1991; reissued by
C/Z Recordsin 1992).
*"Antidisestablishmentarianism EP" (Rugger Bugger Records), (1992).
*"7 Year Bitch/Thatcher On Acid-"Can We Laugh Now?"/"No Fucking War" (Clawfist Records), (1992).
*"7 Year Bitch EP" (
C/Z Records, (1992).
*"Rock-A-Bye Baby" b/w "Wide Open Trap" (
C/Z Records), (1994).
*"The History Of My Future" b/w "24,900 Miles Per Hour" (promo only) (
Atlantic Records, (1996).
*"24,900 Miles Per Hour" (promo only) (
Atlantic Records), (1996).
*"Miss Understood" b/w "Go!" (
Man's Ruin), (1996).
* "8-Ball Deluxe" on "Kill Rock Stars" (
Kill Rock Stars, 1991).
* "Dead Men Don't Rape" on "There's A Dyke In The Pit" (Outpunk/Harp Records, 1992).
* "The Scratch" on "Power Flush: San Francisco, Seattle & You" (Rathouse/Broken Rekids, 1993).
* "In Lust You Trust" on "Rawk Atlas" (promo only) (
C/Z Records, 1993).
* "Dead Men Don't Rape" on "Progression" (Progression, 1994).
* "The Scratch," "Icy Blue" on the "Mad Love Motion Picture Soundtrack" (Zoo Records, 1995).
* "Kiss My Ass Goodbye" on "Seattle Women In Rock: A Diverse Collection" ( [http://insightrecords.com Insight Records] , 1995).
* "Damn Good And Well" on "Space Mountain" (Rough Trade, 1995).
* "The Scratch" on "Take A Lick" (promo only) (
* "M.I.A." on "Notes From The Underground, Vol. 2" (Priority Records, 1995).
* "Mad Dash" on "Home Alive: The Art Of Self-Defense" (
Epic Records, 1996).
* "24,900 Miles Per Hour" on "huH Music Sampler #23" (promo only, RayGun Press, 1996).
* "Knot (Live)" on "Hype! The Motion Picture Soundtrack" (
Sub Pop Records, 1996).
* "Damn Good And Well" on "Rough Cuts: The Best Of Rough Trade Publishing, 1991-1995" (Rough Trade, 1997).
* "Rock-A-Bye Baby" on "She's A Rebel" (Beloved/Shanachie Records, 1997).
* "Shake Appeal" on "We Will Fall: The Iggy Pop Tribute" (Royalty Records, 1997).
* "M.I.A." on "Whatever: The 90's Pop & Culture Box" (Rhino/WEA, 2005).
* "The Scratch" on "Sleepless In Seattle: The Birth Of Grunge" (LiveWire Recordings, 2006).
*"In Lust You Trust" (1992)
*"Hip Like Junk" (1994)
*"24,900 Miles Per Hour" (1996)
* [http://wm04.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&searchlink=7|YEAR|BITCH&sql=11:gxfixql5ld0e~T0 7 Year Bitch] at
*MySpace|sevenyearbitch|7 Year Bitch
* [http://www.panx.net/punkgirl/girl805.html Photos of 7 Year Bitch] panx.net
* [http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/johnpeel/artists/a/7yearbitch/ 7 Year Bitch at the BBC] bbc.co.uk
*imdb name|id=0896977|name=Selene Vigil
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
7 Year Bitch — Выступление группы в 1995 году 7 Year Bitch (англ. «Семилетняя стерва») женская американская рок группа, игравшая панк рок. Содержание … Википедия
7 Year Bitch — était un groupe de rock américain entièrement féminin, d influence punk rock et originaire de Seattle, Washington entre 1990 et 1997. Le groupe a été formé en 1990 par la guitariste Stefanie Sargent, la bassiste Elizabeth Davis, Valerie Agnew à… … Wikipédia en Français
7 Year Bitch — 7 Year Bitch … Deutsch Wikipedia
Bitch (Meredith Brooks song) — Bitch Single by Meredith Brooks from the album Blurring the Edges Released … Wikipedia
Bitch (band) — Infobox musical artist Name = Bitch Img capt = Img size = Landscape = Background = group or band Alias = Origin = Los Angeles Genre = Heavy metal Years active = 1981–1990 Label = Metal Blade Records Associated acts = URL = Current members = Past… … Wikipedia
Da Baddest Bitch — Studio album by Trina Released March 21, 2000 … Wikipedia
Stitch 'n Bitch — is a phrase that has been used to refer to social knitting groups since at least World War II. cite book |author=Macdonald, Anne L. |title=No Idle Hands: The Social History of American Knitting |publisher=Ballantine Books |location= [New York… … Wikipedia
Cryin' Like a Bitch — Single by Godsmack from the album The Oracle Released Feb 23, 2010 Recorde … Wikipedia
The Misanthropic Bitch — Infobox Writer name = The Misanthropic Bitch imagesize = 150px caption = pseudonym = birthdate = Unknown birthplace = deathdate = deathplace = occupation = Writer, Blogger nationality = United States period = genre = Satire subject = Politics,… … Wikipedia
Crazy Bitch — Single by Buckcherry from the album 15 Released January 31, 2006 … Wikipedia