- South Australian Ambulance Service
Infobox Government agency
agency_name = SA Ambulance Service
logo_width = 100 px
Government of South Australia
employees = 2,500+
chief1_name = Mr Ray Creen
chief1_position = Chief Executive
website = [http://www.saambulance.com.au/ www.saambulance.com.au]
The SA Ambulance Service is a Government Department under SA Health, that is the sole provider of emergency ambulance transport, clinical care and patient transport services to over 1.5 million people, distributed across an area of 1,043,514 square kilometres in
South Australia, Australia.
The service employs approximately 1100 people, and utilizes 1600 volunteers, working out of 105 locations, operating 323 ambulance vehicles to provide emergency, non-emergency, aeromedical, rescue and retrieval services across the entire state.
SAAS is known to operate a variety of emergency and non emergency vehicles across the state, which reportedly travel in excess of 4 million kilometres each year:
* Emergency AmbulancesMercedes Sprinter Vans operate around metropolitan areas whereas country areas use a variety of Ford F250's, Ford F350's and Mercedes Sprinter Vans. All vehicles have distinctive livery, high visibility LED lightbar and warning lights and sirens.
* Ambulance Transport ServiceFord Transit vans are used by the Ambulance Transport Service. These vehicles do not carry the same equipment as standard emergency ambulances.
* Single Vehicle Response Units & Operational Command Vehicles SAAS use a mix of Holden Commodore and Ford Territory AWD vehicles for rapid response of a single Intensive Care Paramedic or Ambulance Supervisor. Special Operations Teams use a variety of 4WD type vehicles as do Shift Managers and Commanders. SAAS use a Toyota Bus (CV1) and a VW Kombie van (CV2) as a command vehicles for major incidents. Bicycle paramedic response units are also used to respond to incidents at major events.
* AirwingSAAS are the controlling authority for 3 Adelaide Bank State Rescue Helicopters, for the use of roadside trauma response, medical retrievals, training exercises and SAPOL and CFS operations. The Royal Flying Doctor Service operate a number of Pilatus PC12 aircraft performing inter-hospital transfers from regional area and first response ambulance service in remote areas.
pecial Operations Team
Special Operations Team (SOT) rescue paramedics are trained in high-risk rescue procedures. They work closely with other emergency services and the
South Australian PoliceSTAR Division.
The SAAS State Communications Centre is based in
Adelaide, who primarily answer Emergency triple-zero calls, and coordinate the States Ambulance resources. Communications also coordinates the dispatch of the Adelaide Bank State Rescue Helicopter Service. Communications provide hospitals with information on clients of the MedicAlert foundation, coordinate calls from the Divers' Emergency Service Network and SA Trauma Service.
* [http://www.saambulance.com.au Official Website]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
South Australian Country Fire Service — SA Country Fire Service The CFS Badge Established: 1976 Regions: 6 Specialities: Combatant Authority for Fire, Rescue and Hazmat Volunteers: 15,500 Paid Staff … Wikipedia
Ambulance Service of New South Wales — Ambulance Service of NSW Excellence in Pre hospital Care Agency overview Formed 1 April 1895 Jurisdiction Government of New South Wales Employees 4,000+ … Wikipedia
Ambulance services of Victoria — Emergency ambulance services in Victoria are provided by three organisations: the Metropolitan Ambulance Service (MAS), Rural Ambulance Victoria (RAV), and the Alexandra District Ambulance Service (ADAS) and are collectively referred to as… … Wikipedia
Ambulance — For other uses, see Ambulance (disambiguation) … Wikipedia
South Australia — For the song, see South Australia (song). Coordinates: 30°0′S 135°0′E / 30°S 135°E / 30; 135 … Wikipedia
Australian Capital Territory Fire Brigade — Infobox Government agency agency name = A.C.T. Fire Brigade logo width = 120 px logo caption = ACT Fire Brigade Emblem formed = 1912 [ACT Fire Brigade History | http://www.esa.act.gov.au/ESAWebsite/content actfb/about us/history of… … Wikipedia
Service Medal of the Order of St John — Infobox Military Award name= Service Medal of the Order of St John caption=Medal obverse awarded by= United Kingdom type= Civil decoration eligibility= Those who have been affiliated with the Venerable Order of St John and its subsidiary… … Wikipedia
Emergency service response codes — The emergency services in various countries use systems of response codes to categorize their responses to reported events. One of the best known is the Code 3 Response, which is used in several countries, particularly the United States, to… … Wikipedia
Country Fire Service — The Country Fire Service is a volunteer based fire service in the state of South Australia in Australia. Many parts of Australia are sparsely populated whilst at the same time they are under significant risk of bushfire. Due to economics, it is… … Wikipedia
American River, South Australia — Infobox Australian Place | type = town name = American River state = South Australia caption = lga = Kangaroo Island Council postcode = 5221 est = 1842 pop = 227 2006 Census Census 2006 AUS id=UCL400700 name=American River (Urban Centre/Locality) … Wikipedia