- United States Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Ad Hoc Subcommittee on Disaster Recovery
The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Ad Hoc Subcommittee on Disaster Recovery is one of the five subcommittees within the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
The Subcommittee is an "ad hoc" subcommittee, meaning "for this purpose." Ad Hoc committees are created for a single issue, and are disbanded after the issue is resolved. The Ad Hoc Subcommittee on Disaster Recovery was formed after the disaster of Hurricane Katrina.
The Subcommittee's jurisdiction as stated by the Senate Rules is:
* Recovery provisions of the Robert T. Stafford Act and the Long-Term Community Recovery and Mitigation Annex (ESF-14) of the National Response Plan;
* Coordination of the long-term recovery plans, activities, and mitigation provided by all federal agencies, nongovernmental organizations, the private sector, and State and local governments;
* National disaster recovery strategy and national disaster housing strategy; and
* Coordination of data sharing regarding recovery issues between federal agencies, state and local governments, nongovernmental organizations, and the private sector.
The Subcommittee is chaired by Democrat
Mary Landrieuof Louisiana, and the Ranking Minority member is Republican Pete Domeniciof New Mexico. [http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docid=news-000002929967]
* [http://hsgac.senate.gov/index.cfm?Fuseaction=Subcommittees.Home&SubcommitteeID=13&Initials= Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, Disaster Recovery Subcommittee page]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
United States Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs — The United States Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs has jurisdiction over matters related to the Department of Homeland Security and other homeland security concerns, as well as the functioning of the government… … Wikipedia
List of United States Senate committees — The Senate Committee on Budget (ca. 1997 2001). This is a complete list of U.S. congressional committees (standing committees and select or special committees) that are currently operating in the United States Senate. Contents … Wikipedia
111th United States Congress — United States Capitol (2007) Duration: January 3, 2009 – January 3, 2011 Senate President: Dick Cheney (R) … Wikipedia
112th United States Congress — United States Capitol (2007) Duration: January 3, 2011 – January 3, 2013 Senate President: Joe Biden (D) … Wikipedia
Law, Crime, and Law Enforcement — ▪ 2006 Introduction Trials of former heads of state, U.S. Supreme Court rulings on eminent domain and the death penalty, and high profile cases against former executives of large corporations were leading legal and criminal issues in 2005.… … Universalium
Nicole Lurie — Nicole Lurie, M.D., M.S.P.H. Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response Incumbent Assumed office July 10,2009 President … Wikipedia
Pete Domenici — United States Senator from New Mexico In office January 3, 1973 – January 3, 2009 Preceded by Clinton P. An … Wikipedia
Susan Collins — Infobox Senator | name=Susan Collins jr/sr=Junior Senator state=Maine party=Republican alongside=Olympia Snowe term start=January 7, 1997 preceded=William Cohen succeeded= order2=Chairwoman of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and… … Wikipedia
Mary Landrieu — United States Senator from Louisiana Incumbent Assumed office January 3, 1997 … Wikipedia
Claire McCaskill — United States Senator from Missouri Incumbent … Wikipedia