Chidambaram — city — Coordinates Coordinates: Country India State Tamil Nadu District(s) Cuddalore Population 82,458 (2011[update]) Time zone IST (UTC+05:30) Area
• 3 metres (9.8 ft)
Chidambaram ( Tamil.: சிதம்பரம் ) is a fast growing industrial city in Southern part of Tamil Nadu and the taluk (tehsil) headquarters of the Cuddalore district. It is located in 58 km from Pondicherry, 60 km from Karaikal, and 240 km south of Chennai by rail. It has an average elevation of 3 metres (9 ft). The city is home to Annamalai University, Nataraja Temple, Chidambaram Temple, port Parangipettai, and many industries. The city is a major pilgrimage site for Shaivites and Vaishnavites.
As of 2011 India census, Chidambaram had a population of 82,458. Males constitute 49% of the population and females 51%. Chidambaram has an average literacy rate of 80%, significantly higher than the national average of 59.5%; with male literacy of 84% and female literacy of 76%. 15% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The ancient Chidambaram Temple (Tamil: சிதம்பரம் கோயில் ) is dedicated to Lord Shiva in His form of the Cosmic Dancer (Nataraja நடராசர்). It is one of the five Dancing Halls (Sabha) of Nataraja and the most famous one. Chidambaram is the Kanaka Sabha (Golden Hall). It is also one of the panchabhoota sthalams - representing five basic elements. This is the Akasa Sthalam representing 'Space' among the Pancha Bootha Sthalams. For Saivites all over the world this is the most important Siva Temple. The stand alone word "Kovil" would automatically mean Chidambaram Temple to Saivites. The others are - Tiruvannamalai (Thejo sthalam - Fire) Kanchipuram (Prithvi sthalam - Earth) Srikalahasti (Vayu sthalam - Air) Tiruvanaikaval (Trichy) (Appu sthalam - Water).
The Temples at Kalahasti, Kanchipuram and Chidambaram all stand on a straight line at 79' 45" East longitude - truly an engineering, astological and geographical wonder. The Chidambaram temple houses the Akasha Lingam of Shiva and is considered one of the greatest Shiva Temples of Tamil Nadu. The Govindaraja shrine adjacent to the Nataraja Shrine was constructed in 1639 C.E. by a Cholas. Nataraja in Chidambaram Temple has been sung by many Tamil Saints including the Tevaram Trio - Sambanthar, Tirunavukkarasar, Sundaramurti Swamigal. Manikkavacakar attained Mukti in Chidambaram by becoming one with Nataraja. The other Saiva Saint of importance who attained Mukti here is Nandanar. Nandanar, born in a caste of untouchables became exalted by his bhakti, that even the most conservative Brahmins of Chidambaram worshipped him. Chidambaram hosts the most ancient set of the 108 Karana stone carvings, the key dance movements of Nataraja. The temple complex is spread over 40 acres (160,000 m2) in the heart of the city. Many thousands of devotees come to this auspicious temple to pay homage to the Dancing Siva.
The Temple houses the Shiva and Vishnu in the same complex,where a devotee can have darshan of Lord Shiva and Lord Govindaraja(Lord Vishnu) from a single place. The Govindaraja temple is also among the 108 dhivya desams of Vaishnavites.
The famous Natyanjali festival is held in the Nataraja temple complex every year during Maha shivaratri.Bharatanatyam dancers from different parts of the world offer their prayers to Lord Nataraja and perform in the temple complex
In Chidambaram, one can find a number of families who have engaged in the gold and silver ornament-making business for a very long time. The art is taught by one generation to the next. Most of the artifacts are hand created and are hence rich in quality and artistry.
Sri Raghavendra Swami was born as Sri Venkanna Bhatta, the second son of Sri Thimanna Bhatta and Smt. Gopikamba on Thursday, Sukla Saptami of Phalguna month in 1595, when the moon was in Mrigashirisha Nakshatra, at Bhuvanagiri, near present-day Chidambaram in Tamil Nadu.
Arutprakasa Vallalar Chidambaram Ramalingam: Ramalinga Adigal was the youngest child of Ramiah Pillai and his sixth wife Chinnamaiar, who lived in Marudur in South Arcot district, a village 15 km north-west of Chidambaram.
Chidambaram is home to the Annamalai University. Annamalai University is a Public University located in Annamalai Nagar, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu, India. The university offers courses of higher education in the arts and sciences.
The university also provides around 380 courses under distance mode.It is the largest university in Asia.
Annamalai University recognised by University Grants Commission, New Delhi. Annamalai university is located in Tamil Nadu.There are 49 departments of study and the strength of faculty members is more than 2500.
The world-renowned university imparts education in varied fields of study. Normal mainstream programs in Arts, Science and Commerce are conducted at undergraduate, post and Doctoral levels. It is home to reputed medical and nursing schools.
Schools in Chidambaram:
- Kamaraj Matric Hr Sec School is the famous private school in chidambaram
- Musthafa Matric Hr Sec School
- Sherwood English School
- Government Nandanar Boys and Girls Higher secondary school. It is one of oldest education school, built by Swami Sahajananda Avargal.
- Rani Seethai Achi Hr.Sec School in Annamalainagar
- Ramasamy Chettiar Town High School is a famous school opened in year 1913.
- Sri Ramakrishna Vidyasala Higher secondary School is a famous school opened in year 1950
- The Pachaiyappa Higher Secondary school is maintained by Pachaiyappa charities
- Arumuga Navalar Higher secondary school
- Venus Mat. Hr sec school
- Nirmala Mat. Hr.sec school
- Nirmala convent
- Govt Girls Higher secondary school
- Thillai Matriculation School
- Rajah Muthiah Medical College Chidambaram
- Rajah Muthiah Dental College - Chidambaram.
- Muthiah Polytechnic College - Chidambaram
- Government Arts College - Chidambaram.
- C.S. Jain College of Pharmacy - Chidambaram.
Chidambaram has a Government run public hospital and a tertiary referral hospital attached to Rajah Muthiah Medical College of Annamalai University.The College of Nursing utilises the staff and the facilities available at Rajah Muthiah Medical College (recognised by the Medical Council of India for MBBS and Post-Graduate Degree and Diploma Programmes in several specialities) and the Rajah Muthiah Medical College Hospital. The Rajah Muthiah Medical College Hospital is a 1210 bedded modern Hospital complex unit with advanced technical facilities.
- SIVAJOTHI CLINIC North main road
- GANDHIMATHI HOSPITAL Bazaar st
- K.R NURSING HOME Murugan st
- MUNICIPAL MATERNITY HOME Nellkudai st
- ARUL NURSING HOME South car st
- RAJU CLINIC South car st
- THILLAI HOSPITAL East car st
- KANNAN NURSING HOME East sannathi st
- SRIDHAR NURSING HOME East car st
- JOTHI NURSING HOME t East car s
- SANTHI NURSING HOME East car st
- KAMAL NURSING HOME Venugopal st
- R.K NURSING HOME Mariamman koil st
- NATARAJA CHILDREN HOSPITAL S.P.Koil st
- VENKATESHWARA NURSING HOME S.P.Koil st
- LISTER HOSPITAL Kanagasabai nagar
- GOVT KAMARAJ HOSPITAL S.P.Koil st
- ANJUGA CLINIC Pudhu st
- SRINIVASA NURSING HOME S.P.Koil st
There are many small private nursing homes and hospitals.
Frequent buses are available from most major cities in Tamil Nadu to Chidambaram city. Also the city is connected to various parts of Tamil Nadu through a very good rail and road network.
By Air : The airports at Tiruchirapalli (195 km) and Chennai (245 km) are the nearest airports from Chidambaram. From Tiruchirapalli, Indian Airlines flights can be taken to Chennai (Madras). Chennai is connected to all the major cities in India and abroad through regular flights.
By Rail : Chidambaram is located on the Madras-Tiruchirapalli main line of the Southern Railway. It is connected with Tiruchirapalli, Madras, Madurai (335 km), Rameswaram (575 km), Bangalore (340 km), and Tirupati (290 km).
By Road : There are frequent bus services available to various places in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, and Pondicherry states from Chidambaram. Non-stop bus services and express bus services are also available to major cities like Chennai. National Highway NH-45A (the Villupuram-Puducherry-Cuddalore-Chidambaram-Nagapattinam Highway) passes through Chidambaram.
Places of Interest in and around Chidambaram
Chidambaram is one of the important tourist centres in Tamil Nadu. This place is famous for its Nataraja temple. There are also various renowned places around Chidambaram. Some of those places are given here:
Place of Tourism/Temples in Chidambaram:
- Sirai meetta vinayagar koil West car street
- Kothandaramar koil West car street
- Anandheeswaran koil Anandheeswaran koil street
- Thagam Theertha pillayar koil Thagam Theertha pillayar koil St
- Elamayakkinar koil Elamayakkinar koil street
- Nataraja Temple East car street
- Anjaneyarkoil East car street
- Selliamman Koil Sunnambukkara street
- Kamatchiamman Koil Kamatchiamman koil street
- Keezhatheru Mariamman Koil Mariamman koil street
- Mariamman koil Nethaji street Wd-23
- Thillaikaliamman Koil Thillaikaliamman koil street
- Drowpathiamman koil Drowpathiamman koil street
Places To Visit:
- Parangipettai (sea shore)
- Annamalai University
- Pichavaram (Boating Place)
- Kollidam (river)
¤ Chidambaram - The Divine Land
The lovely town of Chidambaram is situated in the east-central part of Tamil Nadu state of southeastern India. It is located in the Coleroon River Valley on the Madras-Thanjavur road and rail system. Chidambaram (also Thillai) literally means the sky permeated by an atmosphere of intelligence and wisdom. It is one of the five Shaivite mukti sthalams, the other four being Kalahasti, Kanchipuram, Tiruvannamalai and Tiruvanaikaval.
Chidambaram tourism highlights the beautiful temples in the city, dedicated to Lord Nataraja - God Siva in the form of a Cosmic Dancer. It is one of the few temples where Siva and Vishnu are enshrined under one roof. This ancient temple was built by the Cholas. It is devoted solely to the art of Bharatanatyam and is one of the rare temples where Shiva is represented by an idol rather than the customary Lingam. Spread over an area of 40 acres with a gopuram on each side, the temple is distinguished by five sabhas or courts. Apart from this, the sacred land of Chidambarm, has many exquisite temples and attractions. But the unique feature of Chidambaram is that a person of any race or religion can visit the shrine and pray.
¤ Places to Visit in Chidambaram:
There are quite a good number of tourist attractions in Chidambaram. Amongst the must visits in Chidambaram is the Nataraja temple located in the center of the town, covering an area of 40 acres. It is one of the ancient temples of Tamil Nadu. The highlights of this temple are the Sivakamiamman temple, the Sivaganga tank and the thousand pillar hall. The Thillaikaliamman temple in Chidambaram is on the northern end of the town. It was built by Kopperunjingan, who ruled between 1229 AD and 1278 AD. Annamalai University is one of the major attractions in Chidambaram. It is a residential University founded by the Raja Sir Annamalai Chettiar.
Pichavaram: para-sailing It is situated 16 km east of Chidambaram and located in a most beautiful scenic spot. It is spread over 2800 acres of mangrove forest. This place is formed in the backwaters, which are interconnected by the Vellar and Kollidam systems. Thus, there is abundant scope for water sports, para-sailing, rowing and canoeing. Boating, accommodation and restaurant facilities are offered by the Tamil Nadu Tourism Development Corporation. The mangroves here are the healthiest mangroves in the world.
Sri Mushnam: This place is situated in the northwest of Chidambaram. The big Vishnu temple of Bhuvarahaswamy here attracts the visitors. It is one of the eight Swayam Vyaktakashethra in the south.
Melakadambur is located in the southwest of Chidambaram. The temple here is sung by Thirunavukarsar as Karakkoil(chariot like),built by the famous king Kulothunga I in 1113AD prieviously as a brick like structure. The shiva idol found in this temple dances on a bull and the idol belongs to Pala art,that one said to be taken from uthralada country where pala dynasty by rule.
Sirkazhi temple: It is another Siva shrine, situated 20 km from Chidambaram. It is the birthplace of one of the top 4 Saivaite saints named Thirugnana Sambandar. It is believed that Goddess Parvathi breastfed the child Gnanasambandar as he was crying in the tank bund. It is inside the temple and is known as `Mulaippal Thirtham` (Breast Milk Holy Water). A festival in memory of this legend is celebrated here during the month of April.
Thiruvenkadu temple: Thiruvenkadu temple This temple is 28 km from Chidambaram. It is dedicated to Agora Virabadra, a fierce aspect of Siva and is also known as Swetharanyam. The image of Lord Siva in this temple is said to be unearthed here and it is an early Chola bronze. It shows Lord Siva as a nude mendicant with the writhing cobra clinging on his thighs. The image is now in the Thanjavur Art Gallery. This Budha (Mercury), one of the Navagrahas (nine planets) is said to reside here.
Vaitheeswaran Koil: This is a temple of Lord Siva and is situated down south of Chidambaram. Here, the presiding deity is called Vaitheeswara i, e, Lord of healing. There sacred tank inside the temple is free from frogs and is called Siddha Amritha Theertha. It is said to contain nectar which has curative powers. It is the place of one of the Navagrahas, Angarahan (Mars).
Tirapunkur: In this place, Lord Siva`s mount Nandi is said to have moved a little away to obstruct the darshan of Lord Siva to Nandanar, the harijan devotee.
Mayiladuthurai: This is a town, which can be reached by bus from Chidambaram. Here, the Dakshinamurthi shrine is very famous along with the God of wisdom, who sits in yoga pose on a Nandi. In the centre of the town, the Mayuranathaswamy temple can be seen. It is a Siva temple with an imposing nine-storeyed tower. The image of goddesses Durga here is very impressive. Here, the devotees severe their head as an offering to the deity.
Vazhuvur temple: Vazhuvur temple It is also a temple near Chidambaram. Here, the presiding deity is called Krithivasa, one who wears the elephant skin. This is said to be one of the eight places where Siva danced to destroy demons. The dance hall here is called `Gnana Sabai` or Hall of Wisdom. There is a Yantra known as Vazhuvur Rahasyam (mystery) behind the Gajasamharamurthi.
Perambur: It is a Subramania temple. The image of deity is of granite and beautifully carved with 6 faces in the pose of Samharamurthi. Numerous snakes abound this place, but no one has so far been bitten. The snakes just hiss at those who enter the Iluppai garden stealthily to steal.
Therazhundhur: This is the birth place of Kambar, who wrote the epic Ramayana in Tamil. There is a temple of sculptural value here.
Vriddhachalam: This place is well known for the Vriddha-giriswarar temple containing a big shrine. It has high enclosing walls and four tall gopurams. The mandapam of this temple is carved like a chariot with wheels and horses. There are also 24 delicately carved pillars with Yalis supporting the roof.
Thiruppanaiyur temple: This temple contains palmyra tree as the sacred tree. As per the legends, the great Chola king Karikala was standing under a palmyra tree. He was then picked up by the royal elephant and taken to the palace to be crowned as king. Hence, it has become the sacred tree and the place also got the name Thiruppanaiyur.
Engan temple: Engan temple In this temple, the most beautiful and captivating idol of Lord Muruga can be seen. Here, the idol of Shanmuganathar is carved with minute details like the ear holes are pierced to insert ear-rings. It is said the sculptor of this image cut off his right thumb to avoid carving another image superior to the Singaravelar.
But in his dream, Lord Muruga asked to make another image at Ettukkudi. Then he blinded his eyes as it excelled Singaravelar of Sikkil. But, he had a command to commission another image at Engan. This time he took help from a woman to assist him. During the work, his chisel cut the finger of the lady and the blood fell on his eyes. He immediately got back his eyesight and he exclaimed `Engan` (my eyes) and completed this superb idol. Hence, the place got its name `Engan`.
Thiruchenkattankudi temple: It is famous for Asthamurthi Mandapam. The idol of Ganapathi here is said to have been brought from Vatapi of the Chalukyan kingdom after a voyage by Chola and installed here. Tiripurantaka and Nataraja in this temple are fine specimens of Chola art.
Thiruvanjiam temple: The sandalwood tree of this temple is the Sthala Viruksha here. The examples of fine workmanship in this temple are the images of Durga, Bhairavar, Rahu and Kethu. During the Masi Dhasami festival in February–March, the deity Vanjinatha the deity is mounted on the Yama Vahana.
Vidyapuram: Here, Rajaraja I built a beautiful Siva temple. The presiding deity of the temple is called Meenakshisundareswarar.
Gangai Konda Cholapuram: Gangai Konda Cholapuram It is situated about 50 km away from Chidambaram. This temple was built by the Chola emperor Rajendra I. It is dedicated to Siva with a grand gopuram that can be seen miles around. Numerous beautiful sculptures can be seen on the walls of the temple and its enclosures. There is a big Nandi in front of the temple, which is made of brick and mortar. One of the exciting features of this temple is the lion-faced well with yawning mouth through which a flight of steps lead to the water beneath.
Kalvarayan Hills: This hill is situated 150 km northwest of Chidambaram on the western side of Kallakurichi taluk. It is spread over an area of 600 km2 and heights range from 315 to 1190 metres. It is an ideal place of retreat and peace. A nicely decorated botanical garden here attracts the eyes of the visitors. One can take a refreshing bath in the two waterfalls here. It is an ideal location for trekking too.
padal pettra thalangal 1.Melakadambur-nearby 32 km southwest near kattumannarkoil,famous sculptural deity 2.Omampuliyur-30 km near kmkoil 3.Kanattumullur-35 km
Banks in Chidambaram
Bank Name Location AXIS Bank East Car Street Bank of India West Car Street Canara Bank North Car Street ICICI Bank South Car Street Indian Bank South Car Street Indian Overseas Bank West Car Street Cuddalore Dist Central Co-Operative Bank West Car Street City Union Bank LTD West Car Street Central Bank Of India South Car Street Indian Bank Bazaar Street Karur Vysya Bank South Car Street Punjab National Bank Lalkhan Street Urban Bank North Car Street State Bank of India South Car Street The Dhanalakshmi Bank LTD Jawahar Street Vijaya Bank West Car Street Syndicate Bank South Car Street
Shopping Centers & Markets
- AAsian Super Market
- National Super Market
- Calorie corner Super Market.
- I.U.D.P Shopping complex
- M.U.D.P Shopping complex
- Saba complex west car str
- Swathi complex S.P.Koil st
- Shajakhan complex, Lalkan street.
- Dheen Building complex, west car
- A M H west car st
- Star Complex South cars
- Venkateswara shopping complex south car st
- Saliyar Complex South car st
- Hindu Nadar complex south car st
- Mansoor Ali complex East Car St
- Ameen Buildings South car st
- Pari Complex East Sannadhi st
Markets: Daily Market West Car street, Chidambaram Gnanaprakasam market, Chidambaram Fish Market, Chidambaram Omakulam Fish market, Chidambaram
- Gandhi Park Near Municipal Office
- Min Nagar Park Min Nagar
- Municipal Boating Place Park Sirkazhi Road
- Govindasamy st Park V.O.C st
- Vageesa Nagar Park Vageesa Nagar
- Thillaikaliamman Koil st Park Thillaikaliamman Koil st
- North Main road park North main road (cuddalore road)
- Busstand Natarajar park Venugopal Street
- hen park govinda
HOTELS and LODGING in Chidambaram
- GRAND PALACE.
- SARADHA RAM-3 STAR HOTEL.
- Hotel Akshaya, East street.
- Hotel Ritz.
- Hotel Royal plaza.
- R K Residency Hotel
- Hotel Palace, Railway feeder road.
- Ramya lodge, South street
- Pari lodge, South sannathi
- Appollo lodge, Sabanayagar street
- Ameen lodge,South street
- Star lodge, South street
- Abi lodge, East street
- Kurinji lodge, East sannathi
- Mansoor lodge.
- Sabanayagam lodge
- Iqbal lodge
- O.S.Deen building
- Murugan lodge
- Hotel Rajarajan
- Sriram lodge
- Ganesh bavan complex
- Saba complex
- Sublakshmi complex
- M.A.T lodge
- Pari lodge
- Swathi complex
- Meera lodge
- Everst lodge,
- Jawahar lodge,
- Anantham lodge,
- A.A lodge,
- Aiswarya hotel, Venugopal st
- Kalyanam lodge, venugopal street
- R.K.Tower, V.O.C st
- Shameer lodge.
- Ramanathan mansion, Bazaar street
- Shajakhan complex, Lalkan street.
Bakery and Sweets
CASINO Bakery & Sweets CASINO Bakery & Sweets act as the best bakery shop in the city.It has six branches over the city.
- Calorie Corner.
- Velicham foods.
- Wedison Foods.
- Agarwal Sweets & Bakery
- National Sweets & Bakery
- J S Cakes And Bakery
- Naveen Bakery & Fast Food
- Sweet shop Bombay Sweet Stall
- Thirumagal Thirumana Mandabam Mannarkudi road street
- Vasantham Thirumana mandabam Kanagasabai nagar
- Thillai Thirumana mandabam V.O.C. street
- Kaveri Thirumana Mandabam Railway feeder road
- M.A.D. Thirumana Mandapam S.P.koil street
- M.Y.M Thirumana Mandabam North Main road
- Ponnusamy Nadar Mandabam South Vaniya street
- A.R.P Mahal North Main road
- Sri Ponnambalam Thirumana mandapam Mannargudi street
- Arundhathi Mahal Cinna street
- Ajitha karpagam mahal Periyar street
- Ohm sakthi mahal Vilangiyamman koil street
- Royal Mahal Omakulam street
- Dhanalakshmi Kalyana mandapam Anantheeswaran koil street
- Karthikeyan Thirumana Mandapam Elamaiyakkinar koil street
- Rajeswari Kalyana Mandapam Chinna street
- Aarthinattar mandabam North street.
- Arunattar velalar mandabam Kamaleeswaran koil street
- Thillai Govindaraju Mandabam Kamaliswaran koil street
- Anantham Mahal Kamaliswaran koil street
- Manickam mahal V.O.C. street
- Jayalakshmi mandabam Kariyaperumal koil street
- Ramadas thirumana mandabam North street
- Prins Mahal Jawahar street
- Sri nataraj kiruba mahal, North street
- A.R. Mahal South st
- Me.Se.thirumanamandabam East street
- Santhosh mahal. East st.,
- Rasi thirumanamandabam East street
- Kothandaraman Thirumanamandabam East street
- Saravana Thirumana Mandabam East street
- T.V.A. Mandabam Sabanayagar street
- Viruthunagar Nadar Uravumurai sathiram South sannathi
- Alaganantham sathiram Sabanayagar street
- Arubathu Moovar Thirumana Mandabam South sannathi
- V.S. trust South street
- Sri selliyamman vinayagar mandapam Pudupettai north street
- Ba.Kala.vasambal sathiram Nattupillai street
- G.M.Thirumana mandabam S.P.koil street
Like many areas in Tamil Nadu, real estate in the Chidambaram city is booming. Plots in the center of the city sell for 3000-4000 rupees per square foot. In the nearby Kollidam-Sirkazhi area, prime land can be gotten for 6-8 lacs an acre.
- ^ "Important Places - Chidambaram." 2004. http://www.nlcindia.co.in/about/about_05b.htm (accessed 05 Sept 2007).
- ^ "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. http://web.archive.org/web/20040616075334/http://www.censusindia.net/results/town.php?stad=A&state5=999. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- ^ "Nadarajar Temple". Dinamalar. http://www.dinamalar.com/360_view_detail.asp?id=253.
- ^ "Chidambaram temple". http://www.indialine.com/travel/tamilnadu/chidambaram/. Retrieved 2006-09-11.
- ^ "List of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies". Tamil Nadu. Election Commission of India. http://archive.eci.gov.in/se2001/background/S22/TN_ACPC.pdf. Retrieved 2008-10-09.
- 360 view for Chidambaram Temple Dinamalar
- CHIDAMBARAM ENCYCLOPEDIA சிதம்பரம் பற்றிய களஞ்சியம்
- For the chidambaram temple.
- Cited and adapted from "Chidambaram", Encyclopedia Britannica (1911).
- "Enchanting Tamil Nadu" see Places --> Chidambaram
- cited from "122. Koyil (Chidambaram), Abodes of Shiva," TempleNet
- Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu, India
- Chidambaram travel guide from Wikitravel
Cuddalore district District Headquarters Country State Region Taluks Blocks Municipalities Rivers LakesPerumal Eri · Veeranam Lake · Wellington Lake History Places of interestDevanampattinam Beach · Fort St David · Thillai Nataraja Temple, Chidambaram · Neyveli Lignite Corporation · Pataleeswarar Temple, Cuddalore · Pichavaram · Satyagnana Sabha, Vadalur · Thillai Kali Temple, Chidambaram · Thiruvadigai Temple, Panruti · Thiruvanthipuram · Vriddhagiriswarar Temple, Vriddhachalam Universities Municipalities of Tamil Nadu Municipal
Alandur · Ambasamudram · Ambattur · Ambur · Anaiyur · Anakaputhur · Arakkonam · Arani · Aranthangi · Arcot · Ariyalur · Aruppukkottai · Attur · Avadi · Avaniyapuram · Bhavani · Bodinayakanur · Chengalpattu · Chidambaram · Chinnamanur · Colachel · Coonoor · Cuddalore · Cumbum · Devakottai · Dharapadavedu · Dharapuram · Dharmapuri · Dindigul · Edappadi · Gobichettipalayam · Goundampalayam · Gudalur: (Coimbatore district), (Nilgiris district), (Theni district) · Gudiyatham · Hosur · Inam Karur · Jayankondam · Jolarpet · Kadayanallur · Kallakurichi · Kancheepuram · Karaikudi · Karur · Kasipalayam (E) · Kattivakkam · Kayalpattinam · Keelakarai · Kodaikanal · Komarapalayam · Koothanallur · Kovilpatti · Krishnagiri · Kulithalai · Kumbakonam · Kuniyamuthur · Kurichi · Kuzhithurai · Madhavaram · Maduranthakam · Maduravoyal · Manali · Manapparai · Mannargudi · Maraimalainagar · Mayiladuthurai · Melur · Mettupalayam · Mettur · Nagapattinam · Nagercoil · Nallur: (Kanniyakumari district), (Tirunelveli district) · Namakkal · Narasingapuram · Nellikuppam · Nelliyalam · Padmanabhapuram · Palani · Palladam · Pallavapuram · Pallipalayam · Pammal · Panruti · Paramakudi · Pattukkottai · Perambalur · Periyakulam · Periyasemur · Pernampattu · Pollachi · Poonamallee · Pudukkottai · Puliyankudi · Punjaipuliampatti · Puzhuthivakkam · Rajapalayam · Ramanathapuram · Rameswaram · Ranipet · Rasipuram · Sankarankoil · Sathuvachari · Sathyamangalam · Sattur · Sengottai · Sirkazhi · Sivagangai · Sivakasi · Srivilliputhur · Surampatti · Tambaram · Tenkasi · Thanjavur · Thanthoni · Theni Allinagaram · Tirumangalam · Thiruparankundram · Thiruthangal · Thiruthani · Thiruthuraipoondi · Thiruvannamalai · Thiruvathipuram · Thiruverkadu · Thuraiyur · Thuvakudi · Tindivanam · Tiruchengode · Tiruppattur · Tiruvallur · Tiruvarur · Tiruvottiyur · Udhagamandalam · Udumalaipettai · Usilampatti · Valasaravakkam · Valparai · Vandavasi · Vaniyambadi · Vedaranyam · Veerappanchatram · Velampalayam · Vellakoil · Vikramasingapuram · Villupuram · Virudhachalam · Virudhunagar · Walajapet
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Chidambaram — சிதம்பரம் … Deutsch Wikipedia
Chidambaram — Chidambaram in the South Arcot District of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu has been an impor tant pilgrimage center for those devoted to SHIVA since about the ninth century, when the site was known as Tillai. Tradition says that a Kashmiri king … Encyclopedia of Hinduism
Chidambaram — [tʃi dæmbərəm], Stadt im Bundesstaat Tamil Nadu, im Süden Indiens, in Küstennähe, 59 900 Einwohner; hinduistischer Wallfahrtsstätte. Stadtbild: Der mehrfach umwallte Tempelkomplex mit 40 m hohen Tortürmen (Gopuras) wurde seit dem 10./11.… … Universal-Lexikon
Chidambaram — 11° 23′ 59″ N 79° 41′ 37″ E / 11.3997, 79.6936 Située dans le Tamil N … Wikipédia en Français
Chidambaram — es una ciudad de 59.000 habitantes (según el censo de 2001), en el valle del río Kollidam, a 11 km de la costa y a 240 km al sur de Chennai por tren, en el estado de Tamil Nadu, en la India. Es también uno de los lugares sagrados más importantes… … Wikipedia Español
Chidambaram — Original name in latin Chidambaram Name in other language Chidambajram, Chidambaram, Chitdambaram, Cidambaram, cidambaram, cidambarama, citamparam, ji deng bo lei mu, idambaram, Чидамбайрам, Чидамбарам State code IN Continent/City Asia/Kolkata… … Cities with a population over 1000 database
Chidambaram — ▪ India town, east central Tamil Nadu (Tamil Nādu) state, southeastern India. It is situated in the fertile Coleroon River valley, on the road and rail system between Chennai (Madras) and Thanjavur. The town supports silk and cotton hand… … Universalium
Chidambaram (film) — Chidambaram Promotional poster Directed by G. Aravindan Produced by G. Aravind … Wikipedia
Chidambaram (disambiguation) — Chidambaram is a city in southeast India. Chidambaram may also refer to: Contents 1 Surname 2 Given name 3 Places 4 Other Surname … Wikipedia
Chidambaram (Lok Sabha constituency) — Chidambaram constituency, post 2008 delimitation Existence 1957 present Reservation Scheduled Caste Current MP … Wikipedia