- Risk Management Programme
"Risk Management" is a research programme set up by the Geneva Association, also known as the International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics. The focus of this programme is manifold and address the following issues: fostering the use of the tools of
risk assessmentand risk managementin new fields of application such as policy making; providing a platform between the insurance community, the engineering and academic communities and policy makers to discuss risk issues; promoting the concept of the insurability of risks as the natural borderline between State legislation and the market economy; identifying new opportunities for insurers in the emerging sustainability concept in order to enlarge the field of insurable risks. [cite web|url=http://www.genevaassociation.org/risk_management.htm|title=Risk Management Research Programme Page|publisher=The Geneva Association|accessdate=2007-06-27]
elected Key Issues
* What are the vulnerabilities in our industrial and services value-added processes?
* Where are the mechanisms for understanding, managing and mitigating these risks?
* How can insurance cope with a more complex and demanding risk scenario?
* What is the new risk environment that has been created in recent years?
* What about technologies being a new source of vulnerability?
* "Risk Management", Geneva Association Information Newsletter, [http://www.genevaassociation.org/risk_management.htm The Geneva Association]
* "Etudes et Dossiers", Working Paper Series, [http://www.genevaassociation.org/Etudes&Dossier.htm The Geneva Association]
* "The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review", formerly The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance Theory (until March 2005), [http://www.genevaassociation.org/gptheory.htm The Geneva Association] & [http://www.springer.com/east/home/business/journals?SGWID=5-40528-70-35612997-0 Springer]
* "Pensions and Life Insurance" and "Risk Management/M.O.R.E", The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Vol.29 - No.3 / July 2004, [http://www.palgrave-journals.com/gpp/journal/v29/n3/index.html Palgrave Macmillan]
* "Special Issue on Risk Management", The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Vol.27 - No.2 / April 2002, [http://www.palgrave-journals.com/gpp/journal/v27/n2/index.html Palgrave Macmillan]
* "Strategic Issues in Risk Management and Insurance", The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Vol.24 - No.3 / July 1999, [http://www.palgrave-journals.com/gpp/journal/v24/n3/index.html Palgrave Macmillan]
* "Issues in Risk Management and Insurance", The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Vol.24 - No.2 / April 1999, [http://www.palgrave-journals.com/gpp/journal/v24/n2/index.html Palgrave Macmillan]
* "Risk Management Strategies", The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, No.80 / July 1996
* "Risk Management Issues", The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, No.76 / July 1995
* "1973-1993 Twenty Years of Initiatives and Research on the Economic Role of Insurance and Risk Management in Modern Society", The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, No.68 / July 1993
* "Risk Management Studies", The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, No.64 / July 1992
* "Hazardous Waste Management", The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, No.51 / April 1989
* "Risk and Society", "The Discount Rate" and "Risk and Insurance Issues", The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, No.48 / July 1988
* "Risk and Insurance Issues", The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, No.44 / July 1987
* [http://www.genevaassociation.org The Geneva Association website] (known as the International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics)
* [http://www.genevaassociation.org/More.htm The GA M.O.R.E Programme web page] , Management of Risk in Engineering
* [http://eng.newwelfare.org/?page_id=2 The Risk Institute website]
* [http://www.aria.org/ The ARIA website] , the American Risk and Insurance Association
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Risk management — For non business risks, see risk, and the disambiguation page risk analysis Example of risk management: A NASA model showing areas at high risk from impact for the International Space Station. Risk management is the identification, assessment,… … Wikipedia
Institute of Risk Management — (IRM) is a risk management professional education and training body. It was established in 1986, as a not for profit company limited by guarantee, and is governed by a Board of Directors elected from Fellows of the Institute. It has around 2000… … Wikipedia
Risk assessment — is a common first step in a risk management process. Risk assessment is the determination of quantitative or qualitative value of risk related to a concrete situation and a recognized threat. Quantitative risk assessment requires calculations of… … Wikipedia
Risk based inspection — (or RBI) is a risk based approach to inspection in the Oil and Gas industries. This type of inspection analyzes the likelihood of failure and the consequences of the same, often in industrial pipework. It is also called Risk Based Asset… … Wikipedia
management — the role of conducting and supervising a business. Glossary of Business Terms The people who administer a company, create policies, and provide the support necessary to implement the owners business objectives. Bloomberg Financial Dictionary * *… … Financial and business terms
Management of heart failure — requires a muitimodal approach. It involves a combination of lifestyle modifications, medications, and possibly the use of devices or surgery. Contents 1 Diet and lifestyle measures 1.1 Fluid restriction 2 Pharmacological management … Wikipedia
management — noun 1 managing sth ADJECTIVE ▪ careful, competent, effective, efficient, good, proper, prudent, sound ▪ bad … Collocations dictionary
Design management — is the business side of design. Design managers need to speak the language of the business and the language of design … Wikipedia
BT Centre for Major Programme Management — The BT Centre for Major Programme Management is an interdisciplinary research and center at University of Oxford on management of major programs, which are commonly also called megaprojects . The Centre is located at Saïd Business School. The BT… … Wikipedia
Emergency management — Accident preparedness redirects here. For Safety related articles, see Safety. Disaster preparedness redirects here. For other articles related to disaster preparedness, see Category:Disaster preparedness. Emergency management is the generic name … Wikipedia