- Roof edge protection
Roof edge protection is fall protection equipment most commonly used during the construction of commercial buildings or residential housing.
Many US federal and state laws require building contractors to implement measures to prevent workers
fallingfrom heights. These laws often expressly require the use of edge protection or harness systems.
Edge Protection is often required to meet strict technical
safety standardsset by Government authorities.
occupational safetyrequirements in any given country or region, the quality of edge protection used on building and construction sites can be examined by government inspectors.
Builders can be prosecuted for using a non compliant height safety protection system.
Construction site safety
* [http://www.osha.gov Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) - US]
* [http://www.workcover.nsw.gov.au WorkCover Authority of New South Wales, Australia]
* [http://www.workcover.vic.gov.au Victorian WorkCover Authority, Australia]
* [http://www.atfhire.com.au ATF Hire Australia]
* [http://www.guardrail.com.au Deck Guardrail Australia]
* [http://www.keepsafe.com.au Keepsafe Roof Rail]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.