- Doncaster Rural District
Doncaster Geography Status Rural district 1901 area 90,373 acres (366 km2) 1931 area 77,865 acres (315 km2) 1961 area 75,094 acres (304 km2) HQ Netherhall, Doncaster History Created 1894 Abolished 1974 Succeeded by Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster Demography 1901 population 27,756 1931 population 49,047 1961 population 66,251
The rural district was created by the Local Government Act 1894 as successor to the Doncaster Rural Sanitary District. It consisted of an area surrounding, but not including, the town of Doncaster. Doncaster itself formed a separate municipal borough (form 1927 a county borough). The district underwent a number of boundary changes over its existence due to the expansion of Doncaster and the growth of a number of other towns.
Doncaster Rural District Council were granted armorial bearings on 30 October 1947.
Over its existence the rural district consisted of the following civil parishes:
Parish Notes Adwick le Street Constituted an urban district in 1915 Adwick upon Dearne Armthorpe Askern Auckley Partly in Nottinghamshire until 1895 Austerfield Balby with Hexthorpe Constituted an urban district in 1895 Barnbrough Renamed Barnburgh in 1951 Barnby upon Don Merged with Kirk Sandall parish 1921 Barnby Dun with Kirk Sandall Formed 1921 from union of parishes of Barnby upon Don and Kirk Sandall.
The area of Edenthorpe was
constituted a separate parish in 1956.
Bawtry Bentley with Arksey Constituted an urban district in 1911 Bilham Absorbed by Hootton Pagnell parish in 1920 Blaxton Bolton upon Dearne Constituted an urban district in 1899 Braithwell Brodsworth Burghwallis Cadeby Cantley Carr House and Elm Field Absorbed by Doncaster MB in 1914 Clayton with Frickley Conisbrough Majority of parish constituted an urban district in 1921, remainder became new parish of Conisbrough Parks Conisbrough Parks Formed 1921 form the part of Conisbrough parish not created an urban district Denaby Edenthorpe Created 1956 from part of Barnby Dun with Kirk Sandall parish Edlington Fenwick Hampole Hickleton Hooton Pagnell Absorbed Stotfold and Bilham parishes in 1920 Kirk Bramwith Kirk Sandall Merged with Barnby upon Don parish to form Barnby Dun with Kirk Sandall in 1921 Loversall Marr Melton Moss Norton Absorbed Sutton parish in 1938 Owston Skellow Formed part of newly constituted Adwick le Street Urban District in 1915 Rossington Sprotbrough Stainton Stotfold Absorbed by Hootton Pagnell parish in 1920 Sutton Absorbed by Norton parish in 1938 Thorpe in Balne Thurnscoe Constituted an urban district in 1908 Tickhill Outer Absorbed by Tickhill Urban District in 1895 Wadworth Warmsworth Wheatley Constituted an urban district in 1900
On 1 April 1974 the Local Government Act 1972 came into effect, reorganising administrative areas throughout England and Wales. The rural district was abolished, and its area merged with the County Borough of Doncaster and a number of other districts to from the Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster, part of the metropolitan county of South Yorkshire.
- ^ a b "Table 10. Rural districts in the administrative East, North, and West Ridings. Area; houses 1901, and population 1891 and 1901". Census 1901. Online Historical Population Reports. p. 59. http://histpop.org/ohpr/servlet/PageBrowser?path=Browse/Census%20%28by%20date%29/1901&active=yes&mno=109&tocstate=expandnew&display=sections&display=tables&display=pagetitles&pageseq=80. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- ^ a b "3. Population, acreage, private families and dwellings (A.C., C.B.s, M.B.s, U.D.s, R. D.s, wards of C.B.s, M.B.s and U.D.s, and civil parishes)". Census of England and Wales: County of Yorkshire: West Riding and York CB (Part I), 1931. Online Historical Population Reports. p. 16. http://histpop.org/ohpr/servlet/PageBrowser?path=Browse/Census%20%28by%20date%29/1931&active=yes&mno=254&tocstate=expandnew&display=sections&display=tables&display=pagetitles&pageseq=42&zoom=3. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- ^ a b "Table 3: Acreage, Population, Private Households and Dwellings for LAA, Wards, CP in RD, Con, NT". 1961 Census of England and Wales, County Report. Vision of Britain. http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/census/table_page.jsp?tab_id=EW1961COU_M3&u_id=10108500&show=DB. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v Youngs, Frederic A, Jr. (1991). Guide to the Local Administrative Units of England, Vol.2: Northern England. London: Royal Historical Society. p. 790. ISBN 0861931270.
- ^ Local government in England and Wales: A Guide to the New System. London: HMSO. 1974. p. 20. ISBN 0117508470.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Hemsworth Rural District — Hemsworth was a rural district in the West Riding of Yorkshire from 1894 to 1974.The district was created in 1894. Hemsworth was made a separate urban district in the 1920s, the entirely surrounded it. In the 1930s it lost the parishes of… … Wikipedia
Worksop Rural District — infobox historic subdivision Name= Worksop Rural District HQ= Worksop Status= Rural District Start= 1894 End= 1974 Replace= Bassetlaw Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster Worksop (previously Blyth and Cuckney) was a Rural District in Nottinghamshire … Wikipedia
East Retford Rural District — infobox historic subdivision Name= East Retford Rural District HQ= Status= Rural District Start= 1894 End= 1974 Replace= Bassetlaw Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster East Retford was a rural district in Nottinghamshire, England from 1894 to… … Wikipedia
Doncaster — /dong kas teuhr/; Brit. /dong keuh steuhr/, n. a city in South Yorkshire, in N England. 285,000. * * * ▪ England, United Kingdom town and metropolitan borough, metropolitan county of South Yorkshire, north central England. The borough lies… … Universalium
Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster — Metropolitan borough Doncaster Sovereign state United Kingdom … Wikipedia
List of District Health Authorities in England and Wales — District Health Authorities were administrative units of the National Health Service in England and Wales from 1982 to 1996. The districts were a second tier below the health regions. They replaced the Area Health Authorities (which generally… … Wikipedia
Norton, Doncaster — Coordinates: 53°37′59″N 1°10′30″W / 53.633°N 1.175°W / 53.633; 1.175 … Wikipedia
List of rural and urban districts in England in 1973 — This is a list of all the rural districts, urban districts and municipal boroughs in England as they existed prior to the entry into force of the Local Government Act 1972 on April 1, 1974. There were 1086 such districts and boroughs at this time … Wikipedia
Peak District — Geobox|Protected Area name = Peak District native name = other name = other name1 = category local = National Park of England category iucn = V |240px image size = image caption = Peak District entrance stone on Hathersage Road, Sheffield country … Wikipedia
Electoral district of Narracan — Narracan Victoria Legislative Assembly State or territory: Victoria Created: 1967 MP: Gary Blackwood … Wikipedia