- The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth of All Time
The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth of All Time Video by Radiohead Released 1 December 2004 Recorded 2004 Length 110 minutes Director Chris Bran Radiohead video chronology Meeting People Is Easy
The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth of All Time
Radiohead: The Best Of
The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth of All Time (abbreviated TMGLMOAT) is a collection of twenty-four short films from English alternative rock band Radiohead, directed and edited by Chris Bran, one half of the Vapour Brothers.
It was released on DVD on 1 December 2004. The DVD release contains all four episodes of the original broadcast from Radiohead Television, an online television station, featuring unheard songs from the band, live studio performances, as well as interviews.
Episodes of The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth of All Time were originally developed to be a programme on a regular television channel, or even on Radiohead's own channel. "This was originally meant to be four episodes shown on our very own television channel,” Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke explained on the band’s website.
Instead, the group went on to create an internet TV channel Radiohead Television in conjunction with the release of their 2003 album Hail to the Thief. Along with the episodes for The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth of All Time, other clips including promotional videos, webcast footage from live performances, as well as webcast footage from the studio were broadcast.
All four episodes were shown on Radiohead Television, where they could be watched for free in QuickTime format. Programming started on the hour, with visitors who did not get to the site on time faced with a test card and 1970s-style intermission music.
After running for several months this website was replaced with an advertisement for the DVD.
Several of the short films were shown as interval entertainment at Jonny Greenwood's performances at the 2005 Ether Festival.
The DVD was self-released, as Radiohead's contract with record label EMI (Parlophone/Capitol) was fulfilled after Com Lag. It is only available to order through the band's own website, waste.uk.com and a small number of indie music stores.
The DVD cover features original artwork by long-time collaborators Stanley Donwood and Thom Yorke, under the alias "Dr. Tchock", plus sleeve notes written by Yorke. The DVD booklet has the title printed on both sides with different artwork. Some[who?] speculate that it was intended for the DVD to have two different covers; however, the artwork pattern on the inside cover does not match the artwork in the clear spine.
Some of the sections of The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth of All Time were created by Chris Bran, Stanley Donwood and Radiohead, while others were directed by fans who submitted videos that were selected for inclusion by the band.
Producers Rick Hind and Ajit N. Rao created two segments by The Tripti Ensemble Crew, one called "When an Angel Tries to Sell you Something", and another called "Freak Juice".
The DVD also features interviews with Thom Yorke and Ed O'Brien as part of a feature entitled "My Showbiz Life". Yorke's voice is altered to an unnaturally deep pitch, whilst O'Brien responds to questions by emitting braying noises.
Each of the four episodes is introduced and closed by commentary from Chieftan Mews, a digitally composited fictional character thought[by whom?] to be portrayed by either Nigel Godrich or Stanley Donwood.
Quotes from Chieftan Mews:
- Welcome to The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth of All Time. All the footage you're about to see has been prewatched...By adults.
- If you are interested in contacting us here at The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth, please send us a letter stating your age... Just your age.
- Please don't fall in love with me. I can't repay you. All my love is used up... On me.
- I've just returned from the screening room, and I'm rigid with excitement. Why? Because I have a banquet of footage for you to feast your eyes on. So sit back, relax, and eat. Eat. Eat.
- Don't let the demons get you. They got me.
- This is a stitch-up. I want my money.
- No Mews is Good News
Chieftan Mews also "sings" (actually just reading the lyrics) a humorous cover of "No Surprises" at the end of the DVD, and makes a brief cameo in the 2007 Thumbs Down webcast.
Chieftan Mews appears again before and during the digital and physical release of 8th Radiohead Album "The King of Limbs".
- The Cat Girl (directed by Ebba Erikzon)
- The Slave (directed by James Field)
- When an Angel Tries to Sell You Something (directed by Rick Hind and Ajit N. Rao)
- Skyscape (directed by Vernie Yeung)
- Sit down. Stand up. (directed by Ed Holdsworth)
- Lament (directed by Cath Elliot)
- The Big Switch (directed by Chris Levitus)
- The Scream (directed by Paulo Neves)
- Inside of My Head (directed by Ashley Dean)
- De Tripas Y Corazon (directed by Juan Pablo Etcheverry)
- Listen to Me Wandsworth Road (directed by Ebba Erikzon)
- Hypnogoga (directed by Louise Wilde)
- And Murders of Crows (directed by Paul Rains)
- Freak Juice Commercial (directed by Rick Hind and Ajit N. Rao)
- "Running" (directed by Hannah Wise)
- Push Pulk / Spinning Plates (directed by Johnny Hardstaff)
- Dog Interface (directed by Juan Pablo Etcheverry)
- HYTTE (directed by Gary Carpenter)
- Momentum (directed by Camella Kirk)
- Chickenbomb (directed by Vernie Yeung)
- Welcome to My Lupine Hell (directed by Ashley Dean)
- The Homeland Hodown (directed by Jason Archer and Paul Beck)
- I Might Be Wrong (directed Sophie Muller)
- The National Anthem (directed Mike Mills)
- ^ "The Must List". The Guardian. 2004-11-26. http://arts.guardian.co.uk/fridayreview/story/0,,1359594,00.html. Retrieved 2009-05-17.
- ^ Pareles, Jon (2005-01-02). "POP MUSIC: PLAYLIST; 2004: The Ones That Got Away". The New York Times. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0DE6D61639F931A35752C0A9639C8B63. Retrieved 2009-05-17.
- ^ a b c "Radiohead New Material This Year". Xfm. 2004-10-12. http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/2004/radiohead-new-material-this-year. Retrieved 2009-05-17.
- ^ "In Brief: Wyclef, Ozzy". Rolling Stone. 2004-10-15. http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/6561313/in_brief_wyclef_ozzy. Retrieved 2009-05-17.
- ^ "'Yes I am entering Miss World'". The Guardian. 2003-11-21. http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2003/nov/21/popandrock.radiohead. Retrieved 2009-05-19.
- ^ a b "Radiohead TV". The Star Online. 2003-06-12. http://www.star-ecentral.com/music/sleeve/notes.asp?file=archives/sleeve/2003/6/12/RadioheadT&date=6/12/2003&title=Radiohead%20TV. Retrieved 2009-05-17.
- ^ a b "HAIL TO TO THE MISCHIEF MAKERS!". NME. 2003-05-06. http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/14207. Retrieved 2009-05-17.
- ^ "Radiohead TV goes on air". BBC News. 2003-06-10. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/2977526.stm. Retrieved 2009-05-17.
- ^ a b "Radiohead.TV Goes Live". TourDates.Co.UK. 2003-06-10. http://www.tourdates.co.uk/news/2463-RadioheadTV-Goes-Live. Retrieved 2009-05-17.
- ^ "HAIL TO THE NEW DVD - The band prepare to release a new DVD…". NME. 2004-10-11. http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/18243. Retrieved 2009-05-17.
- ^ "Radiohead exclusive good for indies". videobusiness.com. 2005-03-11. http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA627047.html. Retrieved 2009-05-17.
Radiohead Studio albums EPs Remix albums
- TKOL RMX 1234567
- I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings
- "Anyone Can Play Guitar"
- "Pop Is Dead"
- "Stop Whispering"
- "High and Dry"/"Planet Telex"
- "Fake Plastic Trees"
- "Street Spirit (Fade Out)"
- "Paranoid Android"
- "Karma Police"
- "No Surprises"
- "Pyramid Song"
- "I Might Be Wrong"
- "Knives Out"
- "There There"
- "Go to Sleep"
- "2 + 2 = 5"
- "Jigsaw Falling into Place"
- "House of Cards"
- "Harry Patch (In Memory Of)"
- "These Are My Twisted Words"
- "Supercollider"/"The Butcher"
Other songs DVDs Related articles
- Live performances
- Awards and nominations
- List of Radiohead songs
- Nigel Godrich
- Stanley Donwood
- Ticker Tape Ltd.
- The Help Album
- Help!: A Day in the Life
- The Eraser
- Jonny Greenwood Is the Controller
- There Will Be Blood
- Atoms for Peace
- "Scott Tenorman Must Die"
- Dead Children Playing
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth of All Time — (TMGLMOAT) DVD фильм рок группы Radiohead, посвящённый их шестому студийному альбому Hail to the Thief. Выпущен 1 декабря 2004 года. В фильме в основном представлены клипы, созданные различными людьми на песни Radiohead с альбомов Ok… … Википедия
The Eraser — Studio album by Thom Yorke Released 10 July 2006 … Wikipedia
The King of Limbs — Studio album by Radiohead Released 18 February 2011 ( … Wikipedia
The Eraser — Студ … Википедия
The Bends — Студийный альбом Radiohead Дата выпуска 13 марта 1995 (Великобритания) 4 апреля 1995 (США) Записан … Википедия
The King of Limbs — The King of Limbs … Википедия
The Eraser — En este artículo sobre música se detectaron los siguientes problemas: Necesita ser wikificado conforme a las convenciones de estilo de Wikipedia. Requiere una revisión ortográfica y gramatical. Por favor … Wikipedia Español
The Garden of Earthly Delights — Infobox Painting painting alignment = right image size = 300px title = The Garden of Earthly Delights artist = Hieronymus Bosch year = 1503 1504 type = Oil on wood triptych height = 220 width = 389 height inch = 87 width inch = 153 city = Madrid… … Wikipedia
The Disasters of War — Plate 3: Lo mismo (The same). A man about to cut off the head of a soldier with an axe. … Wikipedia
Hail to the Thief — Studio album by Radiohead Released … Wikipedia