- Child Workers in Asia
Child Workers in Asia (CWA) - association of about 70 non-governmental organizations and groups, defending rights of children in the sphere of child labour in 14 countries. Established in 1985 as a support group.
It facilitates sharing of experiences between NGOs and enforce their collaboration in the joint efforts against the exploitation of working children in the Asian region.
- To promote the rights of working children within the contexts of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and the ILO Conventions related to child labour;
- To raise awareness and influence public opinion regarding child labour exploitation;
- To provide a channel of communication and facilitate the sharing of information, materials, experiences and resources among people and organisations who are involved in child labour issues at various levels;
- To co-ordinate action between NGOs in the region;
- To assist and facilitate the formation of support groups for child workers at the country level;
- To seek new ways for the protection of child workers and the prevention of child labour exploitation.
Programs and activities
- Focused interventions (through sub-regional and regional Task Forces)
- Capacity Building for NGOs
- Participatory research with children
- Advocacy and social mobilization
- Children's Participation
- Promotion of Children's Participation
- National Leadership Trainings for Child Workers (at least 6 countries)
- Regional Leadership Training of Child Workers
- Facilitators' Training at National Levels
- Development of Manuals for use in Promoting Children's Participation
- Research, Documentation, and Information Dissemination
- CWA Newsletter - NGO and children's perspectives and experiences
- Research - children and education, children in agriculture, child labour policies, girl labourers
- Reports on Child Labour
- Advocacy and Lobbying
- Participation in regional and international advocacy actions for children
- Regional workshops to discuss international instruments and their use for local campaigns and lobby
- Building of working relationships with regional and international policy and program formulating bodies.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Child Workers in Nepal — (CWIN) is a major NGO, (non governmental organization), working as an advocate for children’s rights, and supporting child labourers, street children, children being exploited sexually, and child victims of violence. Its objective is to protect… … Wikipedia
Child labour — The first general laws against child labour, the Factory Acts, were passed in Britain in the first half of the 19th century. Children younger than nine were not allowed to work and the work day of youth under the age of 18 was limited to twelve… … Wikipedia
Child labour in India — Young boy stacking plates in Bangalore The problem of child labor exploitation is a major challenge to the progress of developing countries. Children that are very young work at the cost of their right to education which leaves them permanently… … Wikipedia
Child labor — is the employment of children at regular and sustained labour. This practice is considered exploitative by many countries and international organizations. Child labour was utilized to varying extents through most of history, but entered public… … Wikipedia
Child of All Nations — … Wikipedia
Child discipline — is the set of rules, rewards and punishments administered to teach self control, increase desirable behaviors and decrease undesirable behaviors in children. In its most general sense, discipline refers to systematic instruction given to a… … Wikipedia
Child pornography — Sex and the law Social issues … Wikipedia
Child poverty — A boy from an East Cipinang trash dump slum in Jakarta, Indonesia shows his find. Child poverty refers to the phenomenon of children living in poverty. This applies to children that come from poor families or orphans being raised with limited, or … Wikipedia
Child sex tourism — Sex and the law Social issues Age of consent · Antisexualism Censorship · Essentialis … Wikipedia
Child sexual abuse — is a form of child abuse in which an adult or older adolescent uses a child for sexual stimulation. Forms of child sexual abuse include asking or pressuring a child to engage in sexual activities (regardless of the outcome), indecent… … Wikipedia