- Christina Kramer
Christina Elizabeth Kramer is Professor of Slavic and Balkan languages and linguistics at the University of Toronto and Chair of the university's Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures which is part of the Faculty of Arts and Science.
Kramer authored Macedonian: A Course for Beginning and Intermediate Students. The book – first published in 1999, revised and expanded second edition published in 2003 – is the most recent English Macedonian textbook.
She is a specialist on Balkan languages and semantics, specifically on South Slavic languages. Her research focus on synchronic linguistics, sociolinguistics, verbal categories, language and politics. She teaches courses in Russian and Macedonian language and others.
- 1975: B.A. (Russian and comparative literature), Beloit College, Beloit, Wisconsin
- 1980: M.A. (Slavic Languages and Literatures), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- 1983: Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Now: Lives in Toronto with her Daughter Marisa Franz
Kramer worked as a translator for Berlitz Translation Service for some time, translating documents from Bulgarian, Macedonian, Russian, Serbo-Croatian, and Turkish.
- Christina E. Kramer (2003): Macedonian (= Makedonski jazik): A Course for Beginning and Intermediate Students. Revised and expanded second edition. University of Wisconsin Press. May 2003. ISBN 9780299188047
- Christina E. Kramer/Brian Cook (1999): Guard the Word Well Bound: Proceedings of the Third North American-Macedonian Conference on Macedonian Studies. Slavica Pub: Indiana Slavic Papers, vol. 10 (1999). ISBN 9789991972534
- Eran Fraenkel (Author), Christina Kramer (Editor) (1993): Language Contact-Language Conflict (Balkan Studies). Peter Lang Publishing. ISBN 9780820416526
- Christina E. Kramer (1986): Analytic Modality in Macedonian. (Slavistische Beiträge) Munich: Verlag Otto Sagner. ISBN 9783876903439
- Christina Kramer (1985): Makedonsko-Angliski Razgovornik. Skopje: Seminar za makedonksi jazik.
- See full list
Kramer received the 2006 Book Award from the American Association of Teachers of Slavic and Eastern European Languages for best contribution to language pedagogy for her book Macedonian: A Course for Beginning and Intermediate Students. She received the prize on December 28, 2006 during the association's annual meeting in Philadelphia.
- ^ a b http://server1.fandm.edu/departments/CollegeRelations/PressReleases/2000-01/PR149.html Retrieved on May 28, 2007
- ^ http://www.utoronto.ca/ceres/faculty.html Retrieved on May 28, 2007
- ^ http://www.ualberta.ca/~csp/cas/nletters/nletter_fall_2001.pdf Retrieved on May 28, 2007
- ^ http://www.news.utoronto.ca/bin6/briefly/awardsFeb07.asp Retrieved on May 28, 2007
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
CHRISTINA - все актуальные акции CHRISTINA в категории Косметика и парфюмерия
Kramer — in English, a surname, is commonly pronounced [IPA| kɹeɪ.mə(ɹ)] , and is from the German surname Krämer or Dutch Surname Kramer , pronounced [IPA|ˈkʁɛː.mɐ] or [IPA|ˈkʁeː.mɐ] . The name derived from the old German appellation krâmer for the… … Wikipedia
Christina Hendricks — Hendricks in March 2006 at the Los Angeles Wizard World comicon Born Christina Rene Hendricks May 3, 1975 (1975 05 03) (age 36) … Wikipedia
Christina Hendricks — Datos generales Nombre real Christina Hendricks … Wikipedia Español
Christina Hendricks — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Hendricks. Christina Hendricks … Wikipédia en Français
Stepfanie Kramer — (born August 6, 1956) is an American actress and singer. She is probably best known for her role as the tough minded detective, Sgt. Dee Dee McCall on the popular NBC TV series Hunter [http://stepfaniekramer.com/Biography.html] cite web… … Wikipedia
Stepfanie Kramer — Données clés Naissance 6 août 1956 ( … Wikipédia en Français
Beloit College — Infobox University name = Beloit College motto = Scientia Vera Cum Fide Pura (True Science with Pure Faith) mascot = Buccaneers (Official) Turtles (Academic Unofficial) nickname = Buccaneers colors=Blue and Gold established = 1846 type = Private… … Wikipedia
Macedonian alphabet — Type Alphabet Languages Macedonian Time period 1944–present Pa … Wikipedia
List of University of Toronto people — This is a list of people involved with the University of Toronto. Chancellors Presidents # Bishop John Strachan (1827 – 1848) # John McCaul (1848 – 1853) # Sir Daniel Wilson (1889 – 1892) # James Loudon (1892 – 1906) # Sir Robert Falconer (1907 – … Wikipedia
Kiddy Contest — Seriendaten Originaltitel Kiddy Contest Produktionsland Österreich … Deutsch Wikipedia