Rexel (Euronext|RXL) is a French company specializing in the distribution of electrical parts and supplies. It includes the Divisions of Page Data, Rexel Video, Ideal Electrical and John R Turk. It has offices internationally.
* Chairman and CEO:
Jean-Charles Pauze, since September 18, 2002.
* # of US Employees: 5,000+
* # of US Locations: 300+
Rexel, Rexel Active, Rexel Calcon, Rexel Capitol Light, Rexel Chemco, Rexel CLS, Rexel Colotex, Rexel Consolidated, Rexel Davies, Rexel ESD, Rexel Glasco, Rexel Mader, Rexel Norcal Valley, Rexel Pacific, Rexel Phoenix, Rexel Ryall, Rexel Southern, Rexel Southland, Rexel Summers, Rexel Taylor, Rexel United, Rexel Wholesale
A Brief History
* 1986: Rexel (France), formerly CDME, acquires Southern Electric Supply, Meridian, MS.
* 1992: Rexel (France) buys a 30% stake in Willcox & Gibbs ("W&G") in exchange for cash and the business of Southern Electric Supply. W&G is composed of Consolidated Electric Supply, Miami, FL and of Sunbrand, a distributor of apparel parts and equipment. W&G is traded on the New York Stock Exchange.
* 1993: W&G acquires Sacks Electric, Cleveland, OH and Summers Group, Dallas, TX.
* 1994: W&G sells Sunbrand to management and becomes solely focused on the business of distribution of electrical supplies. Rexel (France) increases its stake in W&G to 40%, reaching 51% in 1997.
* 1995: W&G changes its name to Rexel, Inc.
* 1996: Rexel, Inc. acquires Cable & Connector Warehouse, Dallas, TX, a specialist in the data communications products distribution business.
* 1997: Rexel, Inc. acquires Southland Electric, Louisville, KY, Chemco Electric, Tampa, FL, Pacific Electric, San Leandro, CA and Taylor Electric, Portland, OR. Rexel, Inc. sells to management its specialized business of distribution of electrical supplies to utility companies.Rexel (France) launches a successful tender offer for the 49% of Rexel, Inc. stock that it does not already own, and Rexel, Inc. becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of Rexel (France).
* 1999: Rexel, Inc. acquires Norcal Electric, Redding, CA and Valley Electric, Modesto, CA.
* 2000: Rexel, Inc. acquires Branch Electric, Upper Marlboro, MD, Mader Electric, Sarasota, FL and Maverick Electric, Dallas, TX.
* 2001: Rexel, Inc. acquires Ryall Electric of Denver, CO, Commerce Electric in MD, ESCO of Asheville, NC, and the U.S. electrical supplies distribution business of Westburne, Montreal, Canada, acquired by Rexel (France) in September 2000. Acquired Active of Orlando, FL in May 2001, Quality of Poteau, OK in June 2001.
* 2004: Rexel, Inc. acquires Braid Electric of Nashville, TN (8 locations in Kentucky and Tennessee) in November 2004.Rexel's parent company, PPR, signs agreement to sell its 73+% stake in Rexel to consortium of investors:
Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, Eurazeo, and Merrill Lynch Global Private Equity.
* 2005: CD&R, Eurazeo, and MLGPE acquire 100% share of Rexel, delisting it from the Paris Stock Exchange. Consortium is renamed Ray Acquisition SCA.Rexel Inc.'s North East and Mid-Atlantic Divisions are merged to form North Atlantic Division.
* 2006: Rexel acquires Capitol Light & Supply Company of
Hartford, Connecticut(20 locations in five states) in June 2006, and creates a new operating division - the New England Division.Rexel acquires GE Supply (to close August 2006) with approximately 140 locations in 37 states, Puerto Rico, Hungary, Ireland, and ] Asia] . Upon close of GE Supply acquisition, Rexel establishes a dual-banner strategy in the U.S. with separate operating entities, Rexel, Inc. and GE Supply (now known as Gexpro), reporting to a newly created Rexel U.S. holding company.
* Electrical installation equipment
* Conduits and cables
* Security and communication
* Climate control
* Datacom Products
* Low voltage
* Commercial and Residential A/V
* Intrusion and Life Protection Products
* [http://www.rexel.com Corporate website]
* [http://www.rexelusa.com US website]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Rexel — S.A. Rechtsform Société anonyme (S.A.) ISIN FR0010451203 Gründung 1967 … Deutsch Wikipedia
Rexel — Logo de Rexel Création 1967 (sous le nom CDME : Compagnie de distribution de matériel électrique) Dates clés 1990 (acquisition de la CDME par le groupe Pinault) ; 1 … Wikipédia en Français
Rexel Ryan Fabriga — is a diver from the Zamboanga, Philippines. He represented the country in the 2008 Summer Olympics. [ [http://www.inquirer.net/specialfeatures/olympics/view.php?db=1 article=20080809 153558 15 Filipinos battle odds, Olympic gold ‘curse’ ] ,… … Wikipedia
Conectis — Rexel Rexel Création 1967 … Wikipédia en Français
ACCO Brands — Corporation est une entreprise de commercialisation de fournitures de bureau. Cette firme possède plusieurs marques comme Rexel, Nobo, GBC, et Kensington. Les produits Rexel comprennent des outils de bureau notamment des agrafeuses, des… … Wikipédia en Français
List of Doctor Who planets — This is a list of planets, fictional or otherwise, that are mentioned in the British science fiction television series Doctor Who and its spinoff literature. : Top 0–9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W … Wikipedia
Hagemeyer — Infobox Company company name = Hagemeyer N.V. company company type = Subsidiary of Rexel foundation = 1900 location = Naarden, The Netherlands key people = R.W.A. de Becker, CEO num employees = 17,600 industry = Distribution and Services products … Wikipedia
Diving at the 2006 Asian Games — Diving was contested at the 2006 Asian Games in Doha, Qatar from December 10 to December 14. Men s and women s individual and synchronized events were held. All competition took place at the Hamad Aquatic Centre. Contents 1 Medal summary 1.1… … Wikipedia
Eurazeo — Forme juridique société anonyme Action (code ISIN : FR0000121121, code Bloomberg : RF FP, code Reuters : EURA.PA) Siège social … Wikipédia en Français
Newey and Eyre — Industry Trade, Maintenance electrical Headquarters Birmingham, West Midlands Key people John Hogan – Managing Director Products Wirin … Wikipedia