STIKFAS are 3.25
inch(8 cm) model assembly figures/toys.Once built they can be customized with stickers (packaged as Stikers) and different pieces. The design principle behind a STIKFAS is that all of the joints are ball/socket, and offer exceptional poseability, interchangeability, and articulation.
They are sold as "kits" that include accessories, and Stikers, and additional models (dragon, dog, cat, bike, horse, octopus...) to accentuate the "theme" of each kit.
TIKFAS company history
The debut of STIKFAS was through a successful co-branding in 2001 with the computer game publisher,
Electronic Arts. This collaboration provided a proof of concept and Stikfas Pte. Ltd. was incorporated in August. Work began on the first mass production model of the STIKFAS Action Figure Kit, which was made available to public through online sales at www.stikfas.com in December 2001.
From 2002 to 2004, STIKFAS was licensed to international toy giant
HasbroInc and this move saw a significant increase in its product range, distribution network as well as market recognition. During this period, STIKFAS was awarded the title of "Best Original Concept" in "Best of the Best 2002" by Wizard's Toyfare magazine, the industry's leading publication. That year, STIKFAS came in second for "Most Fun and Innovative Toy" in a consumer's poll by Toyshop Magazine, a revolutionary achievement for a simple plastic toy to earn its place in a category dominated by high tech electronic toy items.
STIKFAS debuted in
Japanin the fall of 2003 under the distribution of TomyDirect Co., Ltd. In February 2005, the first comprehensive fan book about STIKFAS, its products and the people in the company, was published by Hobby Japan, the nation's leading hobby magazine since 1969. This publication reinforced the cult status that STIKFAS has in Japan.
- STIKFAS Pte. Ltd is based in Singapore.
As of June 2006, a plethora of different kits have been released, including Recolors (where only the colors of the parts have changed). Also, numerous different blisters, consisting of a single figure and no accessories, have been released.
The Kits, organized by type:
* G2 Alpha Male with Dune Buggy
* Mixed Body Type Assault Pack
* Dome Robot Walker w/ G2 Alpha Male
* The Stikers Band w/ mixed body types
* Emergency Response Team w/ mixed body types
* Alpha Male Diver w/ Octopus
* Alpha Male with Motorcycle (Two different color schemes)
* Omega Armored Knight with stallion (Two different color schemes)
* Beta Female Warrior with dragon (Three different color schemes)
* Beta Female Demoness
* Master Assassin
* Alpha Male Archangel
* G2 Sigma Male Egyptian
* G2 Alpha Male Outdoor Adventurer
* Gamma G2 Male Viking
* Omega Male Mobster
* Delta Boy Extreme Bicycle
* Tyrannosaurus Dinosaur "(Special Type - see below)"
* Triceratops Dinosaur "(Special Type - see below)"
* Stegosaurus Dinosaur "(Special Type - see below)"
* Pterodactyl Dinosaur "(Special Type - see below)"
* Alpha Male Rock Star
* Beta Female Pop Star
* Beta Female Windsurfer
* Alpha Male Phantom (Two different color schemes)
* Omega Male Military (Two different color schemes)
* Omega Male Super Hero (Two different color schemes)
* Omega Male Super Villain (Two different color schemes)
* Beta Female Nurse
* G2 Alpha Male Monk (Two different color schemes)
* Beta Female Safari With Jungle Cat (Two different color schemes)
* Alpha Male Firefighter (Two different color schemes)
* Delta Boy Extreme (Two different color schemes)
* Beta Female Fairy
* Mechana Segmented Robot (Two different color schemes)
* Alpha Male Samurai (Three different color schemes)
* Alpha Male Pirate with Skeleton
* Alpha Male Policeman With Dog(Two different color schemes)
* Alpha Male Legionnaire
* Alpha Male Spaceman
* Alpha Male Military (3 different color schemes)
* G2 Alpha Male Hockey (Two different color schemes)
* Alpha Male Cowboy
* Alpha Male Indian
* G2 Alpha Male Baseball (Two different color schemes)
* G2 Alpha Male Ninja (Three different color schemes)
* (Body Type and Color)
* Beta Female (available in Pastel Pink, Pastel Blue and Tan)
* Alpha Male (Available in White, Black, Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Royal Blue and Tan)
* G2 Alpha Male (available in Bright Yellow, Neon Green and dark red)
* Black Ops (Black Alpha Male figure w/ Alpha Male Military or Omega Male Military accessories)
** Red Eye
* 1627 (Alpha Male figure w/ Alpha Male Musketeer accessories)
** Grenadier (green)
** Duelist (blue)
** Conquistador (yellow)
** Beefeater (red)
* Dark Lands (Skeleton figure w/ Alpha Male Pirate or Gamma Male Viking accessories)
** Bone Jones (glow-in-the-dark)
** Rickety Rick (green)
** Scrawny Johnny (red)
** Slim Jim (white)
TIKFAS body styles
The basic STIKFAS style is called the Alpha Male. This is a male-style figure, standing 3 1/4" tall. The earliest STIKFAS used slightly different foot, upper arm, and torso parts than the current model, a style now known as the Classic Alpha Male; the standard Alpha Male is sometimes mistakenly referred to as "Classic" by contrast with the G2 Alpha Male.
The Omega Male is slightly taller and bulkier throughout.
The Beta Female has a feminine shape, is shorter than the Alpha male, and has a different style waist.
The Delta Boy is shorter still. It resembles a child-sized Alpha male.
In 2004, STIKFAS introduced the Generation Two (or G2) Alpha Male. It has additional points of articulation in the knees and elbows.
In December 2005 a new G2 was released. The Gamma G2 Male is larger than the 'Omega', and has the same extra-posable knee and elbow joints as the G2 Alpha. The Gamma also has a wider and thicker chest than the Omega. The chest consists of two separate halves that snap together.
In 2006 yet another new body style was introduced, the G2 Sigma Male, which is a tall, slenderfigure with an elongated upper torso as well as G2-style knee and elbow joints, making it the tallest Stikfas body yet.
STIKFAS still produces all of these models, and all of their hands ("C-clips"), joints, and pegged parts fit into other STIKFAS products.
For pictures of Stikfas and instructions on assembling please go here: [http://www.katoots.com/Stikfa/tutorial.php How to Assemble a Stikfas]
The STIKFAS construction and design style was licensed by Hasbro and modified to create the
Xevozline of action figures.
Beginning in November 2005, STIKFAS began a new line of "
dinosaur" kits. They are in the style of the dinosaur's skeleton, but maintain the STIKFAS style construction of ball & socket joints. Stikfas has also come out with a Robot model which has 3 arm joints and fully posable fingers. Stikfas has come out with cuboyds which are stikfas that are shorter and has a more cube-like body. Mbear is short stikfas with 5 joints and bearlike Features.
STIKFAS ANIMALSStikfas has come out with a number of animals that come with a few sets. there is a Stikfas squid and a dog and a Panther.
The poseability and customizability of STIKFAS action figures has attracted the attention of the online webcomic community. Several artists use out-of-the-box or customized STIKFAS as characters in continued webcomic adventures. The exceptional articulation enables nearly boundless expressions through body-language, while the blank slate faces provide unlimited facial options using Stikers, clay, paint, and/or digital tools. Within these webcomics, customizations to the blank STIKFAS include the addition of hair, facial features, and clothing. Clay, cloth, yarn, thread, and paper are the most common customizing materials. The comics also frequently include unique sets and props, often created by the artist or merely commandeered from other toy lines (Playmobil, Lego blocks, Megabloks, and so on).
A few of the more notable webcomics using STIKFAS action figures include:
* [http://www.ejfsnick.blogspot.com/ Ed Johnson Presents NICK 12 Days] - When a down and out St. Nick is offered a second chance to regain his Santa mantle - it's an offer he can't refuse. Now all he has to do is kill a famous actor at God's request to save heaven. Written and photographed By Ed Johnson
* [http://www.actionfigurecomics.com/ Perils of the Bold] – This humorous spoof of medieval and high-fantasy story-lines uses customized STIKFAS figures and Shockini block figures to depict a band of misadventuring heroes delving into deep dungeons and fighting a variety of monsters. PotB, created by Erik Kjerland, was the first STIKFAS webcomic to digitally add facial expressions to the figures in post-production.
* [http://www.depth-of-field-comic.com/ Depth Of Field] – A slice-of-life themed comic created by Lauren Tozer-Kilts that uses lightly-customized or stock STIKFAS. This comic follows the often supernatural adventures of four friends and roomies. Instead of providing facial expressions on the STIKFAS, Lauren uses emoticon-type faces in speech balloons.
* [http://www.jesusismygrandpappy.com/gallery Stuck] – This comic pits the various weapon-themed figures in constant and humorous combat on an abstract battlefield. While no faces are included on the blank STIKFAS, the Marvel-quality action poses express the belligerance and skill of the combatants.
* [http://sigma.alt-world.com/ Sigmartyr] – A dark sci-fi action comic created by Nick Davis, that is set in a gritty world devastated by a constant conflict between the League Alliance and the Omega Coalition. This comic primarily uses regular and customized STIKFAS figures, along with various GI Joe & Corps vehicle props to tell the story of Sigmartyr. This comic has a mature theme and is presented in an old school grainy Black & White style, with visual effects added in post-production.
top Motion Animation
Because of the "ultra pose-ability" of the Stikfas figures they have also been widely used to create independent stop motion animation films. Stop motion film examples:
[http://www.phreque.com/_files/Experimentations4_Stikfas.wmv Stikfas: Pirates vs. Ninjas (.WMV) by Jacob Talkington]
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT9OhaYJfR0 Plastic: A Biography by Jacob Kramer]
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvJr66cZUhc Fight: A short Kung Fu stikfas animation]
The Stikfas company is also hosting yearly stop motion contests at the Comic-Con Convention. The first took place in 2007 and some of the judges included Marc Spess from popular stop motion web site http://www.animateclay.com, and Lionel Orozco from http://www.stopmotionworks.com.
Stikfas also have small square notches on their bodies which allow for rare earth magnets to be inserted. These notches can be found on the upper legs, feet and upper body section. The curved U shaped hands are also the same diameter as the notches. Once inserted into any of these areas, the magnets allow the Stikfas to be posed while adhered to a magnetic surface so they won't fall over.
Stikfas had been used as a product name before, completely unrelated to the current toy figures.
Lee Kuan Yewhelped to develop a glue based on tapioca, which he sold under the name Stikfas in Japanese-occupied Singaporeduring World War II. Lee Kuan Yew would later serve as the Prime Minister of Singapore for more than three decades.
* [http://www.stikfas.com/ Stikfas Home Page]
* [http://www.hobbicide.com/ Hobbicide.com has the most active Stikfas forum on the web.]
* [http://suicidegeeks.com/stikfas/ Stikfas for geeks (photos) Page]
* [http://groups.google.com/group/stikfasphils Stikfas Philippines]
* [http://www.Stikfasgames.com/ Stikfas Games]
* [http://www.travelingstik.com/ Adventures of Larry Stikfas - A Stikfas Traveling the World One Mailbox at a Time (USA)]
* [http://www.stikfans.com/ Stikfans - A Stikfas Forum & Community for all Stikfans]
* [http://www.stikfasph.multiply.com Stikfas PH- Philippine fans/collectors/hobbyist community (Philippines)]
* [http://www.stikfanatics.com/ The Stikfanatics Asylum (USA)]
* [http://mystarbucksidea.force.com/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=087500000004HLb&srKp=087&srPos=1 Starbucks Stikfas - Vote here to make it happen!] Stikfas Photographic Webcomics
* [http://www.ejfsnick.blogspot.com/ Ed Johnson's FIGURATIVELY SPEAKING Presents: NICK 12 Days]
* [http://www.actionfigurecomics.com/ Perils of the Bold]
* [http://www.drunkduck.com/SubStandard_Comics/index.php Sub-Standard Comics]
* [http://pulpstiktion.smackjeeves.com/comics/ Pulp-Stiktion]
* [http://www.jesusismygrandpappy.com/gallery Stuck]
* [http://sigma.alt-world.com/ Sigmartyr]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Xevoz — (pronounced: ZEE vohs) are a line of action figures made by Hasbro. They were developed using a joint design and construction style licensed from the STIKFAS action figure line. The toys are noted for having posable, interchangeable body parts,… … Wikipedia
Stop motion — (or frame by frame) animation is an animation technique to make a physically manipulated object appear to move on its own. The object is moved by small amounts between individually photographed frames, creating the illusion of movement when the… … Wikipedia
Lee Kuan Yew — Harry Lee Kuan Yew GCMG CH Minister Mentor In office 12 August 2004 – 21 May 2011 … Wikipedia
Action figure — An action figure is a posable character figurine, made of plastic or other materials, and often based upon a movie, comic book, video game, or television program. These action figures are usually marketed towards boys. Redressable action figures… … Wikipedia
Fumetti — (or photo novels) are a genre of comics illustrated with photographs rather than drawings . [ [http://www.photonovel.ca/ Photonovel.ca ] ] Fumetti are popular in Spain and Latin America, where they are called fotonovelas , and have also gained… … Wikipedia
Tampines Junior College — Infobox Singapore School name = Tampines Junior College 淡滨尼初级学院 Maktab Rendah Tampines motto = Aim and Achieve established = 1986 type = Government session = Full principal = Ms Helen Choo Chieh Chen city/town = Tampines school code = 0709… … Wikipedia
Stuck (disambiguation) — Stuck is a song by Stacie Orrico.Stuck may also refer to:* Stuck (album), by Puddle of Mudd * Stuck (film), a 2001 short directed by Jamie Babbit * Stuck (2002 film), a TV drama directed by Lindsay Bourne * Stuck (2007 film), a thriller directed… … Wikipedia
Lee Kuan Yew — Traduction à relire Lee Kuan Yew → Lee Kuan Yew … Wikipédia en Français
Tampines Junior College — En este artículo sobre educación y sociedad se detectaron los siguientes problemas: Necesita ser wikificado conforme a las convenciones de estilo de Wikipedia. Carece de fuentes o referencias que aparezcan en una fuente acreditada … Wikipedia Español
MicroVolts — Developer(s) SK imedia Publ … Wikipedia