- Internet in Malaysia
Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commissionsets a low threshold for broadband [http://www.mcmc.gov.my/what_we_do/spectrum/SRSP/BWA-%20802.16-WiMAX-a.pdf] :
:• Malaysian broadband definition:This definition is far below the
::– Any service beyond the scope of existing PSTN/ISDN and 2G cellular networks
::– With data rates that exceed the the normal voice-related speed (56 kbit/s for PSTN and 64 kbit/s for ISDN)
primary rate interfacelower limit defined by the International Telecommunications Unionin ITU-R F.1399 [ [http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/wrc07/responses/abfl.pdf Microsoft Word - ABFL Groupe Intellex.doc ] ] .
* [http://www.citybroadband.net.my City Broadband] - City Broadband provides high speed dedicated Ethernet broadband-over-fibreoptic in Cyberjaya with Gigabit speed capacity. City Broadband customers don't need to lease a separate line a.k.a. "leased line" to get the required dedicated bandwidth since the digital fibreoptic link/line comes together with City Broadband dedicated bandwidth at no additional leased line charge. That's why City Broadband is also known as broadband-over-fibreoptic provider.
* [http://www.nasioncom.com.my/broadband_leasedline.asp NasionCom Fixed Leased Line]
* [http://timebroadband.time.net.my/netlink/index.cfm Time NetLink] - Available in more than 1700 Ready For Service buildings all over Peninsular Malaysia.
* [http://www.tm.com.my/business/corporate_government/data_bandwidth.htm TMnet Direct] - Dedicated internet access up to 155 Mbit/s.
* [http://www.smartmalaysia.com/smart_v2/ Smart] - C-band and Ku-band satellite connection.
* [http://www.bintulu.net/ H-Vision Smart] - C-band and Ku-band 2-way satellite broadband connection.
* [http://www.sabah.net/ Sabah.Net Smart] - C-band and Ku-band 2-way satellite broadband connection.
On 16th March 2007,
Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commissiongranted 4 wimax license to the following companies.
* Bizsurf (M) Sdn Bhd
* MIB Comm Sdn BhD
* Asiaspace Dotcom Sdn Bhd
* Redtone-CNX Broadband Sdn Bhd
MCMC expected the companies to roll out their WiMAX services to 25% of the population in the areas given to them by the end of 2007. By the end of 2009, the companies are expected to provide their services to at least 40% of the population in the areas they control. The Internet access speed is expected to be no less than 1 Mbit/s.
Ministry of Energy, Water and Communication targeted 50% household penetration by 2010 from the current household penetration of 18% as of May 2008.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Malaysia Today — is a popular Malaysian news blog. It is known for being critical of both the governing Barisan Nasional coalition and opposition parties such as the Democratic Action Party and Parti Keadilan Rakyat. Its founder and chief editor is Raja Petra… … Wikipedia
Malaysia — Malaysia … Deutsch Wikipedia
Malaysia Airlines — System (MAS) Penerbangan Malaysia IATA MH ICAO MAS Callsign … Wikipedia
Internet eXchange Point — Un Internet Exchange Point (ou IX ou IXP ou point d’échange Internet), également appelé Global Internet eXchange (ou GIX), est une infrastructure physique permettant aux différents fournisseurs d’accès Internet (ou FAI ou ISP) d échanger du… … Wikipédia en Français
Internet censorship in Thailand — was classified as substantial in the social area, as selective in the political and Internet tools areas, and no evidence of filtering was found in the conflict/security area by the OpenNet Initiative in May 2007. Thailand is on Reporters… … Wikipedia
Internet café — Net cafe redirects here. For television series of the same name, see Net Cafe (TV series). An Internet café or cybercafé is a place which provides internet access to the public, usually for a fee. These businesses usually provide snacks and… … Wikipedia
Malaysia — /meuh lay zheuh, sheuh/, n. 1. a constitutional monarchy in SE Asia: a federation, comprising the former British territories of Malaya, Sabah, and Sarawak: member of the Commonwealth of Nations. 20,376,235; 126,310 sq. mi. (327,143 sq. km). Cap … Universalium
Malaysia — <p></p> <p></p> Introduction ::Malaysia <p></p> Background: <p></p> During the late 18th and 19th centuries, Great Britain established colonies and protectorates in the area of current Malaysia;… … The World Factbook
Malaysia — This article is about the country. For the biogeographical region, see Malesia. Malaysia … Wikipedia
Malaysia–Thailand border — The Sadao checkpoint in Danok, just across the Malaysia Thailand border marked by the border stone in front. Photo taken from the Malaysian (Kedah) side of the border. The Malaysia Thailand border consists of both a land boundary across the Malay … Wikipedia