- Charles Spence (bard)
- This article is about a Scottish poet, for English psychologist with the same name, see Charles Spence.
- The Bard of Gowrie; the Poet of the Carse.
Spence was born in the parish of Kinfauns, spent most of his life in Rait and died in Manchester.
- Linn-ma-Gray I long to see
- Thy heathy heights and broomy lea;
- Whaur linnets lilt and leverets play
- Around the roar of Linn-Ma-Gray.
- Linn-ma-Gray when to the street
- Crowds follow crowds, in crowds to meet,
- I wend my solitary way,
- An' climb the cliffs of Linn-ma-Gray.
- Linn-ma-Gray, each mounting spring,
- From age to age doth tribute bring,
- And rushing onwards to the Tay,
- Augment the stream of Linn-ma-Gray.
- Linn-ma-Gray round Baron hill,
- I've aften gane wi' richt gude will,
- An' sat and seen the dashing spray
- Lash the dark rocks of Linn-ma-Gray.
- Linn-ma-Gray, when in yon ha'
- The merry wassailers gather a'
- In vain their waeel trained bands essay
- The minstrelsy of Linn-ma-Gray.
Another favourite Spence poem was entitled: 'My love's window'.
Lady Threipland of Fingask Castle, for whose family Spence was both footman and mason
- Robert Chambers[disambiguation needed ], The Threiplands of Fingask, 1880.
- Rev. James M'Turk Strachan, BD, FRSA (Scot), From the Braes of the Carse, Charles Spence's Poems and Songs, 1898.
- (Strachan was 48 years minister at Kilspindie & died in 1936).
- Lawrence Melville, The Fair Land of Gowrie, William Culross & Son, Coupar Angus, 1939 (reprinted 1975).
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Charles Spence — This article is about the experimental psychologist. For the Scottish poet, see Charles Spence (bard). Prof. Charles Spence is an experimental psychologist at the University of Oxford. He is the head of the Crossmodal Research group which… … Wikipedia
Charles Thomas (historian) — Charles Thomas Born Antony Charles Thomas April 26, 1928 Redruth, Cornwall Nationality British Occupation Archaeologist, Historian, Author Title Professor of Cornish Studies at Exeter University … Wikipedia
performing arts — arts or skills that require public performance, as acting, singing, or dancing. [1945 50] * * * ▪ 2009 Introduction Music Classical. The last vestiges of the Cold War seemed to thaw for a moment on Feb. 26, 2008, when the unfamiliar strains … Universalium
Theodore Roosevelt — For other people named Theodore Roosevelt, see Theodore Roosevelt (disambiguation). Theodore Roosevelt … Wikipedia
List of Guggenheim Fellowships awarded in 1979 — 1979 U.S. and Canadian Fellows= * Irving Martin Abella, Professor of History, York University: 1979. * Vito Acconci, Artist, Brooklyn, New York: 1979. * Nina Agabian, Associate Professor of Biochemistry, University of Washington: 1979. * Jeffrey… … Wikipedia
Neuzeitliche Druiden — Unter Neuzeitlichen Druiden (auch „Moderne Druiden“) versteht man Gruppen und Personen, die sich auf unterschiedliche Art und Weise auf die historischen Druiden der Kelten beziehen. Einige jüngere dieser Gruppen, vor allem der Orden der Barden,… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Manhattan — New York Island redirects here. For the Pacific island, see Teraina. For other uses, see Manhattan (disambiguation). Manhattan Borough of New York City New York County … Wikipedia
Major League Baseball rosters — A Major League Baseball roster is a roster of players able to play for their respective Major League team. There are two types of rosters, the 25 man roster and the 40 man roster. Contents 1 25 man roster 2 40 man roster 2.1 September Call ups … Wikipedia
1946 — Portal Geschichte | Portal Biografien | Aktuelle Ereignisse | Jahreskalender ◄ | 19. Jahrhundert | 20. Jahrhundert | 21. Jahrhundert ◄ | 1910er | 1920er | 1930er | 1940er | 1950er | 1960er | 1970er | ► ◄◄ | ◄ | 1942 | 1943 | 1944 | 1945 |… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Deaths in 2004 — Contents 1 December 2 November 3 October 4 September … Wikipedia