- Deliverance (Opeth album)
Deliverance Studio album by Opeth Released November 12, 2002 Recorded 22 July 2002 – 4 September 2002 at Maestro Musik & Studio Fredman Genre Progressive death metal Length 61:50 Label Koch, Music for Nations Producer Mikael Åkerfeldt and Steven Wilson Opeth chronology Blackwater Park
Professional ratings Review scores Source Rating Allmusic  Rolling Stone (favorable) 
Deliverance is Opeth's sixth studio album, following the band's highly successful 2001 album, Blackwater Park. It was recorded between July 22 and September 4, 2002 (see 2002 in music), at the same time as Damnation, which was released the following year. The two albums contrast starkly with one another, purposely dividing the band's two most prevalent styles, as Deliverance is considered to be one of the band's heaviest albums, whereas Damnation experimented with a much mellower progressive rock-influenced sound.
The band originally intended for Deliverance and Damnation to be released as a double album, but the record company eventually decided against this and released them separately, approximately five months apart from one another in order to promote them properly.
All songs written by Mikael Åkerfeldt.
No. Title Length 1. "Wreath" 11:11 2. "Deliverance" 13:36 3. "A Fair Judgement" 10:23 4. "For Absent Friends" 2:17 5. "Master's Apprentices" 10:32 6. "By the Pain I See in Others" 13:50
- The track "Master's Apprentices" was named after the Australian hard/progressive rock group The Masters Apprentices.
- The track "For Absent Friends" was named after a song of the same name, originally appearing on the album Nursery Cryme by progressive rock group Genesis.
- Opeth won a Swedish Grammy with Deliverance for Best Hard Rock Performance.
- At the end of "By the Pain I See in Others", the final note fades slowly and ends at 10:38. Silence follows until 11:58, followed by two reversed verses from "Master's Apprentices" at 12:19 and 13:15.
- This album is in the Collecter's Edition Slipcase.
- As of 2011, "By the Pain I See in Others" has never been played live in concert.
- Mikael Åkerfeldt – Vocals, guitars
- Peter Lindgren – Guitars
- Martin Mendez – Bass guitars
- Martin Lopez – Drums, percussion
- Additional performer
- Produced by Opeth and Steven Wilson
- Engineered by Opeth, Steven Wilson, Fredrik Nordström, Fredrik Reymerdahl
- Mixed by Andy Sneap
- ^ "DELIVERANCE - 2002". Opeth.com. http://www.opeth.com/home/discography/item/13-deliverance. Retrieved 2011-10-27.
- ^ a b http://www.allmusic.com/album/r614742
- ^ [dead link]
- ^ "Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives - Opeth - Deliverance - Reviews". The Metal Archives. http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=7909. Retrieved 2011-10-27.
- ^ [Lamentations DVD: "The Making of Deliverance and Damnation" documentary]
- ^ a b Collin (October 2003). "Opeth Interview". MetalStorm. http://www.metalstorm.net/pub/interview.php?interview_id=5. Retrieved 2011-10-27.
- ^ "GRAMMIS-VINNARE GENOM ÅREN – 1969-2010 [Grammy-Winner Through Years - 1969-2010]" (in Swedish) (PDF). IFPI-se. http://www.ifpi.se/wp/wp-content/uploads/100428-lc-vinnare-genom-%C3%A5ren.pdf. Retrieved 2011-10-27.
Opeth Studio albums Live albumsLamentations (Live at Shepherd's Bush Empire 2003) · The Roundhouse Tapes · In Live Concert at the Royal Albert Hall Compilations Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Deliverance (Opeth album) — … Википедия
Heritage (Opeth album) — Heritage Studio album by Opeth Released 14 September 2011 … Wikipedia
Watershed (Opeth album) — Watershed Studio album by Opeth Released 19 May 2008 (see releas … Wikipedia
Deliverance (disambiguation) — Deliverance may refer to: Deliverance (novel), by James Dickey, the basis for the 1972 film Deliverance Island (Queensland), a small island in the Torres Strait Queensland, Australia Movies: Deliverance (1972 film), directed by John Boorman… … Wikipedia
Opeth — in 2009 at the Bijou Theater, Knoxville, TN. Left to right: Per Wiberg, Fredrik Åkesson, Mikael Åkerfeldt, Martin Mendez, and Martin Axe Axenrot Background inf … Wikipedia
Opeth discography — Opeth discography Opeth live at Ruisrock 2008 in Turku, Finland Releases ↙Studio albums 10 … Wikipedia
Deliverance (album) — Deliverance Album par Opeth Sortie 12 novembre 2002 Enregistrement du 22 juillet au 4 septembre 2002 Durée 61:50 Genre death me … Wikipédia en Français
Opeth — en performance au festival de Tuska en juillet 2006 Pays d’origine … Wikipédia en Français
Deliverance (álbum) — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Deliverance Álbum de Opeth Publicación … Wikipedia Español
Deliverance — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Deliverance puede referirse a: Deliverance, película de John Boorman. Deliverance, álbum del grupo sueco Opeth. Obtenido de Deliverance Categoría: Wikipedia:Desambiguación … Wikipedia Español