- Park Railway Maltanka
The Park Railway Maltanka (Polish: Kolejka Parkowa Maltanka, sometimes abbreviated to Maltanka) is a 600 mm (1 ft 11 5⁄8 in) narrow gauge railway located in Poznań. It is 3.85 kilometres (2.4 mi) long and is owned by Miejskie Przedsiębiorstwo Komunikacyjne w Poznaniu Sp. z o.o. (English: Public Transport Company in Poznań Ltd.). The line connects Rondo Śródka (Śródka Roundabout) and New Zoo transporting around 200.000 passengers annually.
The first 600 mm (1 ft 11 5⁄8 in) railway, called the Harcerska Kolejka Dziecięca (English: Scout Children Railway) in Poznań was built in 1956 and was operated by Polish Scouting Association, see Children's railway. This 1.5-kilometre (0.9 mi) long route connected Ogród Jordanowski and Łęgi Dębińskie (English: Dębina Meadow). During construction of Hetmańska Str, part of second road ring of Poznań, the authorities decide to move the railway to a new location where line would not conflict with main communication arteries. The railway, now renamed Maltanka was re-opened on 21 July 1972 in Malta. Since then it has been operated by Public Transport Company. In 1998 its name was changed to Maltańska Kolej Dziecięca (English: Maltan Children's railway), and again in 2002 to current name.
The name Maltanka comes from the Knights of Malta, who used to own the land and the old church nearby.
- Ptyś (not used)
- Przystań (planned)
- steam locomotive Bn2t 11458 "Borsig" built in 1925
- steam locomotive Tx26 423 built in 1926
- Diesel railcar MBxc1-41 "Ryjek" built in 1932
- Diesel locomotive Wls40-100 built in 1956
- Diesel locomotive WLs40-1225 built in 1961
- Diesel locomotive Wls50-1563 built in 1964
- passenger cars (#1, 2, 3, 4) built in 1956
- passenger cars (#5 and 8) built in 1972
- passenger cars (#6 and 7) built in 2010
- "Kolejka Parkowa Maltanka" (in Polish). Miejskie Przedsiębiorstwo Komunikacyjne w Poznaniu Sp. z o.o.. Archived from the original on 2007-05-06. http://web.archive.org/web/20070506104723/http://www.mpk.poznan.pl/kolejka_maltanka.html. Retrieved 2007-05-14.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Children's railway — Kolejka Parkowa Maltanka (Park Railway Maltanka) in Poznań, Poland (600 mm (1 ft 11 5⁄8 in) gauge) … Wikipedia
Narrow gauge railway — Track gauge by size Broad gauge St … Wikipedia
Parkeisenbahn — Die Dampflok Lowa der Berliner Parkeisenbahn in der Station Hauptbahnhof Bei einer Parkeisenbahn handelt es sich um eine schmalspurige Eisen oder Modellbahn, die zur Personenbeförderung innerhalb eines Parks oder Vergnügungsparks gegen Entgelt… … Deutsch Wikipedia