- Information Security Management
Information security(ISec) describes activities that relate to the protection of information and information infrastructure assets against the risks of loss, misuse, disclosure or damage.
Information security management (ISM) are controls that the organizations needs to implement to ensure that it is sensibly managing these risks.
The risks to these assets can be calculated by analysis the following issues:
* "Threats to your assets". These are unwanted events that could cause the deliberate or accidental loss, damage or misuse of the assets
* "Vulnerabilities". How susceptible your assets are to attack
* "Impact". The magnitude of the potential loss or the seriousness of the event.
Standards that are available to assist organizations implement the appropriate programmes and controls to mitigate these risks are for example BS7799/
ISO 17799, Information Technology Infrastructure Libraryand COBIT.
Certified Information Security Manager
Certified Information Systems Security Professional
Chief information security officer
Information Security Department
Security Information Management
Information security management system
* [http://www.isaca.org/ ISACA]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.