Chicago Defender Building


Chicago Defender Building

The Chicago Defender Building is the former Jewish synagogue building that housed the Chicago Defender from 1920 until 1960.[1] It was designated a Chicago Landmark on September 9, 1998.[1] It is located in the Black Metropolis-Bronzeville District in the Douglas community area of Chicago, Illinois at 3435 S. Indiana Ave.

Gallery

Notes

  1. ^ a b "Chicago Defender Building". City of Chicago Department of Planning and Development, Landmarks Division. 2003. http://www.ci.chi.il.us/Landmarks/D/Defender.html. Retrieved 2007-05-15. 

Coordinates: 41°49′55″N 87°37′17″W / 41.8319°N 87.6215°W / 41.8319; -87.6215



Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.