Infobox Given Name Revised
name = Jake
gender = Male
related names = Jacob
Jake is a modern, shortened form of the male name Jacob.
Individuals named Jake include:
Jake Arnott, British novelist
Jake Gyllenhaal, actor
Jake Humphrey, children's and football presenter
Jake LaMotta, former world middleweight champion boxer who was later portrayed by Robert De Niro in the 1980 film "Raging Bull"
Jake Locker, 2007 starting quarterback for the Washington Huskies
Jake Long, an offensive tackle for the college football Michigan Wolverines
Jake Peavy, a National League pitcher for the San Diego Padres
Jake Plummer, a National Football League quarterback
* Jake "the Snake" Roberts, a professional wrestler
Jake T. Austin, child actor
Fictional characters named Jake include:
Jake Featherston, Hitler-like dictator in Harry Turtledove's " Timeline-191" series.
* "", title character in an animated television series which airs on Disney Channel
* Jake, a video game character in the "Ape Escape" series
* Jake, a pet dog of
* Jake, the main character dog in the game
* Jake Fischer, a character played by
Ashton Kutcherin the film The Guardian.
Jake 2.0", title character in a science fiction television series that aired from 2003 to 2004 on UPN
Jake Berenson, a character from the "Animorphs" book series by K. A. Applegate
Jake Spidermonkey, a main character in "My Gym Partner's a Monkey"
J.J. "Jake" Gittes, the cop turned detective and main character in Roman Polanski's 1974 film "Chinatown"
* Jake Blues, lead vocalist of
The Blues Brothers Bandand one of the main characters in The Blues Brothers film
Jake Chambers, a boy and one of the main characters in Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series.
Jake may also refer to:
* "The Jake," the former nickname of the Major League Baseball stadium once known as Jacobs Field, now
Jake brake, a particular brand of engine brake
* Jake, a slang term in the United States for
* Jake leg, Jake walk; partial paralysis of the limbs, caused by an adulterant,
tricresyl phosphateadded to Jamaican ginger during Prohibition
* Jake, a slang term in Scotland for someone uncouth
* Jake, a slang term of high praise for a fireman or a police officer
* Jake, a slang term used in Discordianism to describe a prank, often celebrated on Jake Day
* Jake / Bot2, one of the
ROVs used during the filming of the documentary Ghosts of the Abyss
* Jake, jazz era slang meaning "great", as in "everything's jake" or "it's all jake."
* Jake, baseball slang meaning a lazy player or a half-hearted effort, i.e. "He jaked that play."
Jake the Alligator Man, an oddity on view in Long Beach, Washington
Less Than Jake, a ska punk band
* Jake, a slang term in England for rough cider
* The Japanese World War 2 reconnaissance floatplane, the
Aichi E13A, Allied reporting name "Jake"
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Jake — ist ein englischsprachiger männlicher Vorname, der insbesondere in den USA vorkommt. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 Herkunft und Bedeutung 2 Bekannte Namensträger 3 Weiteres … Deutsch Wikipedia
Jake 2.0 — Titre original Jake 2.0 Genre Série de science fiction Créateur(s) Silvio Horta Pays d’origine États Unis … Wikipédia en Français
jake — ☆ jake [jāk ] adj. [prob. < Jake, abbrev. of JACOB: sense development unknown] Slang just right; satisfactory … English World dictionary
Jake — m Variant of JACK (SEE Jack), of Middle English origin, which has now come back into fashion as an independent name. It is also sometimes used as a short form of JACOB (SEE Jacob) … First names dictionary
Jake — colloquial or familiar abbreviation of the masc. proper name JACOB (Cf. Jacob) (q.v.). As the typical name of a rustic lout, from 1854. (Jakey still is the typical name for an Amishman among the non Amish of Pennsylvania Dutch country). Slang… … Etymology dictionary
jakė — jãkė dkt. Jãkių pi̇enas … Bendrinės lietuvių kalbos žodyno antraštynas
Jake 2.0 — Seriendaten Deutscher Titel Jake 2.0 Produktionsland USA … Deutsch Wikipedia
Jake 2.0 — Infobox Television show name = Jake 2.0 caption = Cast of Jake 2.0 format = Science fiction runtime = 44 minutes per episode creator = Silvio Horta starring = Christopher Gorham as Jake Foley country = United States network = UPN num episodes =… … Wikipedia
jake — 1. n. a toilet; a men’s restroom. □ Where’s the jake? □ The jake is around the corner. 2. n. a stupid person, usually a male. □ Some loony jake told me we are going the wrong way. □ … Dictionary of American slang and colloquial expressions
jake — jake1 /jayk/, adj. Slang. satisfactory; OK; fine: Everything s jake with me. [1895 1900; orig. uncert.] jake2 /jayk/, n. Slang. 1. a homemade or bootleg liquor made from or infused with Jamaica ginger, esp. during Prohibition in the U.S. 2. Also… … Universalium