- Orchestra of the Eighteenth Century
The orchestra consists of about 60 members from many different countries, who all play on period instruments. The group was formed as a collective, so all orchestra members and the conductor receive equal shares of concert earnings. The orchestra does not audition its members, but receives them through word-of-mouth invitations.
- ^ a b Daniel J. Wakin (2008-06-30). "In Italy, 'Eroica' Energizes a Frail Fixture of Period Music". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/30/arts/music/30fran.html. Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- ^ John Rockwell (1993-01-31). "Beethoven, as He Passed Down Through the Centuries". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/1993/01/31/arts/recordings-view-beethoven-as-he-passed-down-through-the-centuries.html. Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- ^ John Rockwell (1994-04-17). "Contrasting Temperaments Battle in Haydn Warhorses". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/1994/04/17/arts/recordings-view-contrasting-temperaments-battle-in-haydn-warhorses.html. Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- ^ http://www.orchestra18c.com/theorch.htm
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
The Fairy-Queen — (Z.629) is a masque or semi opera by Henry Purcell; a Restoration spectacular [see: Judith Milhous, The Multimedia Spectacular on the Restoration Stage , British Theatre and the Other Arts, 1660 1800 , ed. Shirley Strum Kenny, Associated… … Wikipedia
The Lion Sleeps Tonight — by The Tokens Single by The Tokens B side … Wikipedia
The Queen's College, Oxford — Oxford College Infobox name = The Queen s College university = Oxford picture = primary colour = #000326 colours = name Latin = Collegium Reginae named for = Queen Philippa of Hainault established = 1341 sister college = Pembroke College,… … Wikipedia
The Magic Flute — For other uses, see The Magic Flute (disambiguation). Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart … Wikipedia
The Prebendal School — Prebendal School Motto Fons Sapientae Verbum Dei Established 1497 Type Preparatory School … Wikipedia
The Duchess of Malfi — For other uses, see The Duchess of Malfi (disambiguation). Title page of The Duchess of Malfi. The Duchess of Malfi (originally published as The Tragedy of the Dutchesse of Malfy) is a macabre, tragic play written by the English dramatist … Wikipedia
The New Confessions — Infobox Book author= William Boyd name= The New Confessions isbn= 0375705031 release date= 1987 publisher= Vintage Press The New Confessions , William Boyd’s 1987 epic, is his fourth novel (pp. 558). It focuses on a film maker, John James Todd,… … Wikipedia
Culture of the United Kingdom — The Proms is an eight week summer season of daily orchestral classical music concerts, on the last night with some traditional patriotic music of the United Kingdom. … Wikipedia
Australian Brandenburg Orchestra — The Australian Brandenburg Orchestra is an Australian period instrument orchestra specialising in the performance of baroque and classical music.The musicians play from original edition scores on restored or reproduced instruments of the… … Wikipedia
L'Opéra of the Palace of Versailles — Opéra of the Palace of Versailles Information about the Opéra royal de Versailles Architect Ange Jacques GABRIEL (1698 1782) Decorator … Wikipedia