- Convergence Technologies Professional
The Convergence Technologies Professional certification program, now known as CompTIA CTP+, is designed to ensure that all convergence workers have a proper foundation for using the technologies associated with Voice over IP. Individuals can take the CTP+ exam to demonstrate their knowledge of technologies and best practices including codecs, network planning, troubleshooting, and providing quality video and voice over data networks.
CTP+ is the official convergence certification for CompTIA, a non-profit organization that specializes in creating education standards for the entire IT industry. CompTIA has retired its Convergence+ exam in favor of CTP+. Additional companies that endorse and use CTP+ include Avaya, Mitel, Nortel, Toshiba, Iwatsu, and many others.
CCNT or Certified in Convergent Network Technologies is an introductory certification or precursor to CTP+. To obtain this industry accepted credential, an individual must pass six competency tests in the following disciplines:
- Basic Telecommunications – explores analog and digital concepts, and introduces telecommunications fundamentals such as networks, business communications systems, signaling, Internet telephony and switching.
- Basic Data Communications – builds a student's knowledge of related software and hardware. This module introduces the technology of network architecture, packet switching, fiber optics, data communication channels and data communication devices.
- Computer Telephone Integration (CTI) Essentials – introduces the dynamics of connecting a computer to a telephone system for routing calls through switches. This program also teaches the technology of applications, architecture and system development.
- Local Area Networks (LANs) – develops critical understanding of the concepts and technology of LAN topologies, information transfer, transmission techniques, media standards and network management.
- Broadband Technologies – discusses the need for transmitting multiple signal types simultaneously by way of divided channels, and then explores the technology of voice and data integration, frame relay, SONET, ATM/cell relay, SMDS, BISDN, DSL and VPN.
- Voice over IP (VoIP) Essentials – teaches the principles of transmitting voice calls and fax over the Internet, and explores VoIP networks, bandwidth compression, the gateway, packet prioritization, RSVP, H.320 and H.323, and WAN engineering issues.
- ^ Avaya endorses and implements CTP
- ^ Mitel endorses and implements CTP+
- ^ Nortel accepts CTP+ in place of its 803 exam
- ^ Toshiba announces endorsement of the CTP+ certification
- ^ Iwatsu supports the CTP+ certification
- Press release from CompTIA announcing CTP+
- Certification Magazine article about CTP
- SearchITChannel.com article quoting James Stanger, Chief Certification Architect for CTP
- Overview of the CTP certification on About.com
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Convergence insufficiency — Convergence Insufficency Classification and external resources ICD 10 H51.1 ICD 9 378.83 … Wikipedia
Centre for Convergence Media Studies — Centre for Convergence Media Studies, established in 2005 in the University of Kerala at its Senate House Campus, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram, offers one year Post Graduate Diploma in Convergence Media (PGDCM)Objectives PGDCM is aimed at enabling … Wikipedia
Digital convergence — refers to the convergence of four industries into one conglomerate, ITTCE (Information Technologies, Telecommunication, Consumer Electronics, and Entertainment). This provides new, innovative solutions to consumers and business users. Based on… … Wikipedia
CompTIA — Computer Technology Industry Association Abbreviation CompTIA Motto Advancing the Global IT Industry Formation January 1, 1982 … Wikipedia
CTP — The three letter acronym CTP has several meanings:* Certified Transportation Professional National Private Truck Council * Computer to plate, an imaging or prepress technology in modern lithographic printing * Confederación de Trabajadores del… … Wikipedia
Telecommunications Industry Association — The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) is a trade association in the US that represents about 600 telecommunications companies. It helps create universal networking and education standards for the telephony, data networking, and… … Wikipedia
WeatherBug — Infobox Software name = WeatherBug caption = Screenshot of WeatherBug version 6.05 author = developer = AWS Convergence Technologies released = latest release version = 6.07 latest release date = 2006 08 01 latest preview version = latest preview … Wikipedia
Media and Publishing — ▪ 2007 Introduction The Frankfurt Book Fair enjoyed a record number of exhibitors, and the distribution of free newspapers surged. TV broadcasters experimented with ways of engaging their audience via the Internet; mobile TV grew; magazine… … Universalium
Computers and Information Systems — ▪ 2009 Introduction Smartphone: The New Computer. The market for the smartphone in reality a handheld computer for Web browsing, e mail, music, and video that was integrated with a cellular telephone continued to grow in 2008. According to… … Universalium
United Kingdom — a kingdom in NW Europe, consisting of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: formerly comprising Great Britain and Ireland 1801 1922. 58,610,182; 94,242 sq. mi. (244,100 sq. km). Cap.: London. Abbr.: U.K. Official name, United Kingdom of Great… … Universalium