- Clear Creek County, Colorado
Clear Creek County, Colorado
Location in the state of Colorado
Colorado's location in the U.S.
Founded November 1, 1861 Named for Clear Creek Seat Georgetown Largest city Idaho Springs Area
396.46 sq mi (1,027 km²)
395.45 sq mi (1,024 km²)
1.01 sq mi (3 km²), 0.25%
23.5/sq mi (9.1/km²)
Time zone Mountain: UTC-7/-6 Website co.clear-creek.co.us
Clear Creek County is one of the 64 counties of the state of Colorado of the United States. The county population was 9,322 at U.S. Census 2000. The county seat is Georgetown. Despite its location in the Rocky Mountains, Clear Creek County is part of the Denver-Aurora Metropolitan Statistical Area and the Denver-Aurora-Boulder Combined Statistical Area.
Clear Creek County was one of the original 17 counties created by the Colorado legislature on 1 November 1861, and is one of only two counties (along with Gilpin) to have persisted with its original boundaries unchanged. It was named after Clear Creek, which runs down from the continental divide through the county. Idaho Springs was originally designated the county seat, but the county government was moved to Georgetown in 1867.
According to the 2000 census, the county has a total area of 396.46 square miles (1,026.8 km2), of which 395.45 square miles (1,024.2 km2) (or 99.75%) is land and 1.01 square miles (2.6 km2) (or 0.25%) is water.
- Jefferson County, Colorado - east
- Gilpin County, Colorado - northeast
- Park County, Colorado - south
- Summit County, Colorado - west
- Grand County, Colorado - northwest
As of the census of 2000, there were 9,322 people, 4,019 households, and 2,608 families residing in the county. The population density was 24 people per square mile (9/km²). There were 5,128 housing units at an average density of 13 per square mile (5/km²). The racial makeup of the county was 96.37% White, 0.28% Black or African American, 0.73% Native American, 0.36% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 1.02% from other races, and 1.20% from two or more races. 3.87% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 4,019 households out of which 28.20% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 54.60% were married couples living together, 6.90% had a female householder with no husband present, and 35.10% were non-families. 27.20% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.30% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.31 and the average family size was 2.81.
In the county the population was spread out with 22.60% under the age of 18, 5.60% from 18 to 24, 32.60% from 25 to 44, 32.20% from 45 to 64, and 7.10% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females there were 108.80 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 110.20 males.
The median income for a household in the county was $50,997, and the median income for a family was $61,400. Males had a median income of $41,667 versus $30,757 for females. The per capita income for the county was $28,160. About 3.00% of families and 5.40% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.80% of those under age 18 and 5.60% of those age 65 or over.
Cities and towns
- Georgetown Loop Historic Mining & Railroad Park
- Georgetown-Silver Plume National Historic District
National forests and wilderness
Scenic trails and byways
- American Discovery Trail
- Continental Divide National Scenic Trail
- Grays Peak National Recreation Trail
- Mount Evans National Recreation Trail
- Guanella Pass Scenic Byway
- Mount Evans Scenic Byway
- Arapahoe County, Kansas Territory
- Montana County, Jefferson Territory
- Colorado census statistical areas
- Colorado counties
- Colorado metropolitan areas
- Colorado municipalities
- Denver-Aurora Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Denver-Aurora-Boulder Combined Statistical Area
- Front Range Urban Corridor
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Clear Creek County, Colorado
- ^ Lamartine Mining District at Mindat.org
- ^ "Annual County Population Estimates and Estimated Components of Change: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2006 (CO-EST2006-alldata)" (CSV). 2006 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2007-03-22. http://www.census.gov/popest/counties/files/CO-EST2006-ALLDATA.csv. Retrieved 2007-05-10.
- ^ "Census 2000 U.S. Gazetteer Files: Counties". United States Census. http://www.census.gov/tiger/tms/gazetteer/county2k.txt. Retrieved 2011-02-13.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Clear Creek County Government website
- Clear Creek County Colorado Tourism and Visitors Site
- Colorado Historical Society
Grand County Gilpin County Summit County Jefferson County Clear Creek County, Colorado Park County Municipalities and communities of Clear Creek County, Colorado Cities Towns CDPs Unincorporated
Bakerville | Silver Creek | Silver Dale
‡This populated place also has portions in an adjacent county or counties
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
National Register of Historic Places listings in Clear Creek County, Colorado — Location of Clear Creek County in Colorado This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Clear Creek County, Colorado. This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of… … Wikipedia
Clear Creek County — Verwaltung US Bundesstaat: Colorado Verwaltungssitz: Georgetown Gründung: 1. November 1861 Demographie Einwohner … Deutsch Wikipedia
Clear Creek High School (Colorado) — Clear Creek High School Clear Creek High School, January 2009 Address 185 Beaver Brook Canyon Rd Evergreen, Colorado, 80439 … Wikipedia
Clear Creek (Colorado) — Clear Creek US 6 in Clear Creek Canyon west of Golden Origin Clear Creek County, Colorado … Wikipedia
Clear Creek — may refer to: Contents 1 Hydronyms 1.1 In California 1.2 In Texas … Wikipedia
Clear Creek School District RE-1 — Address 320 Highway 103/P.O. Box 3399 Idaho Springs, Colorado 80452 Information Superintendent Bill Patterson Enrollment 1061 (fa … Wikipedia
Clear Creek — bezeichnet eine Verwaltungseinheit und mehrere Flüsse und Orte in Nordamerika: Countys: Clear Creek County, Bezirk im US Staat Colorado Flüsse: Clear Creek (Wabash River), Fluss im US Bundesstaat Indiana Clear Creek (Little Colorado River), Fluss … Deutsch Wikipedia
Clear Creek State Park — For the Pennsylvania state forest, see Clear Creek State Forest. Clear Creek State Park Pennsylvania State Park Natural Monument (IUCN III) … Wikipedia
Deer Creek Trail (Colorado) — Deer Creek Trail lies along the Continental Divide of the Americas, part of the Rocky Mountains in the US state of Colorado. It is located in the White River National Forest, Summit County. Deer Creek Trail is south of Highway 6, east of Keystone … Wikipedia
El Paso County (Colorado) — Verwaltung US Bundesstaat: Colorado Verwaltungssitz: Colorado Springs Gründung: 1861 Demographie Einwohner: 550.478 … Deutsch Wikipedia