- Mineral County, Colorado
Mineral County, Colorado
Location in the state of Colorado
Colorado's location in the U.S.
Founded March 27, 1893 Seat Creede Largest town Creede Area
877.70 sq mi (2,273 km²)
875.72 sq mi (2,268 km²)
1.99 sq mi (5 km²), 0.23%
1/sq mi (0/km²)
Time zone Mountain: UTC-7/-6 Website www.mineralcountycolorado.com
Mineral County is the second least populous of the 64 counties of the State of Colorado of the United States. The county was named for the many valuable minerals found in the mountains and streams of the area. The county population was 831 at U.S. Census 2000. The county seat and the only municipality in the county is the Town of Creede.
According to the 2000 census, the county has a total area of 877.70 square miles (2,273.2 km2), of which 875.72 square miles (2,268.1 km2) (or 99.77%) is land and 1.99 square miles (5.2 km2) (or 0.23%) is water.
- Saguache County, Colorado - northeast
- Rio Grande County, Colorado - east
- Archuleta County, Colorado - south
- Hinsdale County, Colorado - west
As of the census of 2000, there were 831 people, 377 households, and 251 families residing in the county. The population density was 1 people per square mile (0/km²). There were 1,119 housing units at an average density of 1 per square mile (0/km²). The racial makeup of the county was 96.87% White, 0.84% Native American, 0.12% from other races, and 2.17% from two or more races. 2.05% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 377 households out of which 22.30% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 57.00% were married couples living together, 5.80% had a female householder with no husband present, and 33.40% were non-families. 28.10% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.80% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.20 and the average family size was 2.70.
In the county the population was spread out with 20.50% under the age of 18, 4.70% from 18 to 24, 24.80% from 25 to 44, 32.70% from 45 to 64, and 17.30% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 45 years. For every 100 females there were 104.20 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 99.10 males.
The median income for a household in the county was $34,844, and the median income for a family was $40,833. Males had a median income of $28,750 versus $19,375 for females. The per capita income for the county was $24,475. About 9.30% of families and 10.20% of the population were below the poverty line, including 18.70% of those under age 18 and 10.60% of those age 65 or over.
Mineral County has an extremely high proportion of land under federal ownership, with 96% of the county under the management of the federal government (It houses an office of, and is surrounded by, the Rio Grande National Forest).
Cities and towns
National forests and wilderness
- Colorado Trail
- Continental Divide National Scenic Trail
- Lake Fork National Recreation Trail
- Silver Thread Scenic Byway
- Colorado census statistical areas
- Colorado counties
- Colorado municipalities
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Mineral County, Colorado
- ^ "Annual County Population Estimates and Estimated Components of Change: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2006 (CO-EST2006-alldata)" (CSV). 2006 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2007-03-22. http://www.census.gov/popest/counties/files/CO-EST2006-ALLDATA.csv. Retrieved 2007-05-16.
- ^ "Census 2000 U.S. Gazetteer Files: Counties". United States Census. http://www.census.gov/tiger/tms/gazetteer/county2k.txt. Retrieved 2011-02-13.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Foley, N.K. et al. (1993). Mineralogy, mineral chemistry, and paragenesis of gold, silver, and base-metal ores of the North Amethyst vein system, San Juan Mountains, Mineral County, Colorado [U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 1537]. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey.
- Creede and Mineral County information
- Colorado County Evolution by Don Stanwyck
- Colorado Historical Society
Saguache County Hinsdale County Rio Grande County Mineral County, Colorado Archuleta County Municipalities and communities of Mineral County, Colorado Town Unincorporated
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Mineral County (Colorado) — Verwaltung US Bundesstaat: Colorado Verwaltungssitz: Creede Gründung: 1893 Demographie Einwohner: 831 (2000) … Deutsch Wikipedia
Mineral County — is the name of several counties in the United States: Mineral County, Colorado Mineral County, Montana Mineral County, Nevada Mineral County, West Virginia This disambiguation page lists articles about distinct geographical locations with the… … Wikipedia
Mineral County — Es gibt in den Vereinigten Staaten vier Countys mit dem Namen Mineral County: Mineral County (Colorado) Mineral County (Montana) Mineral County (Nevada) Mineral County (West Virginia) Diese Seite ist … Deutsch Wikipedia
Mineral County Courthouse (Hawthorne, Nevada) — Mineral County Courthouse U.S. National Register of Historic Places … Wikipedia
Gilpin County (Colorado) — Verwaltung US Bundesstaat: Colorado Verwaltungssitz: Central City Adresse des Verwaltungssitzes: Gründung: 1861 … Deutsch Wikipedia
Pitkin County (Colorado) — Verwaltung US Bundesstaat: Colorado Verwaltungssitz: Aspen Adresse des Verwaltungssitzes: Gründung … Deutsch Wikipedia
Saguache County, Colorado — Infobox U.S. County county = Saguache County state = Colorado founded year = 1866 founded date = December 29 seat wl = Saguache largest city wl = Center city type = town area total sq mi = 3170 area total km2 = 8211 area land sq mi = 3168 area… … Wikipedia
Archuleta County, Colorado — Infobox U.S. County county = Archuleta County state = Colorado founded year = 1885 founded date = April 14 seat wl = Pagosa Springs largest city wl = Pagosa Springs city type = town area total sq mi = 1355 area total km2 = 3511 area land sq mi =… … Wikipedia
Jackson County (Colorado) — County Courthouse Verwaltung US Bundesstaat: Colorado … Deutsch Wikipedia
Douglas County, Colorado — One of two county buildings for Douglas County in Castle Rock … Wikipedia