- Andrew Gower
Andrew Gower Born December 2, 1978
Nationality British Alma mater Bachelor of Arts
University of Cambridge
Occupation Co-founder of Jagex Games Studio, Creator of RuneScape, Founder of Fen Research Net worth GBP£146 million (US$239 million) with Paul Gower (2011)
Andrew Christopher Gower (born 2 December 1978) is a British video game developer and co-founder of Cambridge-based Jagex Games Studio, the company he founded with Paul Gower and Constant Tedder. He wrote the MMORPG RuneScape with the assistance of his brother, Paul Gower. In December 2010 he left the Jagex board of directors. He no longer has holdings in the company. As of November 2011, he is not listed under the credits for RuneScape. Since leaving Jagex, Gower has founded a new gaming development and consulting company, Fen Research, of which he holds 90% of the shares.
Andrew Gower was born in Nottingham, England. He attended The Becket School and went on to study at Cambridge University. The 2007 Sunday Times Rich List listed Andrew and Paul Gower as the 654th richest entrepreneurs in the UK, worth £113 million. In 2009, the Sunday Times listed them as the 566th richest men, worth an estimated £99 million. The Daily Telegraph also listed Andrew and Paul Gower as the 11th richest young entrepreneurs in the UK.
- ^ a b Cambridge University Reporter (2000-07-12). "Congregations of the Regent House on 29 June, 30 June, and 1 July 2000". University of Cambridge. http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/reporter/1999-2000/weekly/5816/25.html. Retrieved 2007-10-14.
- ^ a b "Jagex duo climb rich list with £138m fortune". London: Develop Online. 2010. http://www.develop-online.net/news/34613/Jagex-duo-ascend-UK-rich-list-with-138m-fortune. Retrieved 2010-08-05.
- ^ Dodson, Sean (December 11, 2003). "Rune to move". The Guardian (London: Guardian Unlimited). http://technology.guardian.co.uk/online/story/0,3605,1103882,00.html. Retrieved 2007-03-25.
- ^ http://www.stellardawnmedia.com/10939.png
- ^ a b http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/board.asp?privcapId=24438225
- ^ http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/jagex#credits
- ^ http://www.coderstack.co.uk/jobs/321-fen-research-software-games-developer
- ^ "2007 Sunday Times Rich List: Andrew and Paul Gower". London: The Sunday Times. 2007. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/richlist/person/0,,47604,00.html. Retrieved 2007-10-27.
- ^ "Top 20 websites run by people under 30". RetireAt21. http://www.retireat21.com/top-young-entrepreneurs/. Retrieved 2008-01-19.
- ^ Tomkinson, Martin (February 2008). "The UKs richest young entrepreneurs.". London: telegraph.co.uk. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/2954734/The-UKs-richest-young-entrepreneurs-30-11.html. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
Jagex Games Studio Games developed Games published
- War of Legends
Games in development
- Stellar Dawn
- Transformers Universe
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Andrew Gower — Andrew Christopher Gower (né le 2 décembre 1978)  est un développeur de jeux vidéo du Royaume Uni et cofondateur de Jagex Ltd, l entreprise qu il a fondée avec Paul Gower et Constant Tedder, basée à Cambridge. Il est connu pour avoir … Wikipédia en Français
Gower (disambiguation) — Gower may refer to the following places: *Gower peninsula, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in South Wales **Gower (Lordship), an ancient district, the original meaning of the name Gower. **Gower (electoral ward), an electoral ward of… … Wikipedia
Gower — ist Ortsbezeichnung von Gower Halbinsel, Südwales Gower (Bezirk), Swansea, Wales Gower (Missouri) in Buchanan und Clinton County (Missouri) Personen Andrew Gower, Schöpfer von MMORPG RuneScape Craig Gower (* 1978), australischer Rugbyspieler… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Andrew S. C. Ehrenberg — Andrew Ehrenberg is a Marketing Scientist. He has by half a century s work changed fundamentally the beliefs of marketing people both about the way consumer loyalty works and also about how advertising works.Andrew Ehrenberg s fundamental belief… … Wikipedia
Andrew McBirnie — (born 1971, Portsmouth) is a British composer, music educator and administrator.He studied at the University of Bristol with Adrian Beaumont and at the Royal Academy of Music with Justin Connolly, gaining a PhD in Composition from the University… … Wikipedia
Andrew Flintoff — Infobox cricketer biography playername = Andrew Flintoff country = England fullname = Andrew Flintoff nickname = Freddie living = true dayofbirth = 6 monthofbirth = 12 yearofbirth = 1977 placeofbirth = Preston, Lancashire countryofbirth = England … Wikipedia
List of villages in Gower — Gower Peninsula Country Wales Sovereign state United Kingdom Dialling code 01792 Police … Wikipedia
David Gower — This article is about the cricketer David Gower. For the palaeontologist, see David J. Gower. For the rugby league player, see David Gower (rugby league). David Gower Personal information Full name David Ivon Gower … Wikipedia
George Sutherland-Leveson-Gower, 5th Duke of Sutherland — George Granville Sutherland Leveson Gower, 5th Duke of Sutherland, PC, KT (August 29 1888 ndash;February 1 1963) was the son of Cromartie Sutherland Leveson Gower, 4th Duke of Sutherland.He married, firstly, Lady Eileen Gwladys Butler, daughter… … Wikipedia
Rose Leveson-Gower, Countess Granville — Rose Leveson Gower, Countess Granville, GCVO (née Lady Rose Constance Bowes Lyon, 6 May 1890 ndash;17 November 1967) was the third daughter of 14th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne and an elder sister of Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother.On 24… … Wikipedia