Opengear, Inc. Type Private Founded 2004 Headquarters Sandy, Utah, U.S.A. Products Serial and network console servers, Management gateways Website www.opengear.com
Opengear is a global computer network technology company headquartered in Sandy, UT, U.S.A., with R&D operations in Brisbane, Qld, Australia as part of the Queensland Government iLab technology incubator. 
The company develops and manufactures out-of-band infrastructure management products that allow customers to securely access, control and troubleshoot their IT infrastructure remotely. The company's stated goal is to provide next generation solutions that overcome the limitations of traditional console server and KVM technologies.
Products and Technology
Opengear’s management products include console servers that provide network console and serial console management (CM4000 and SD4000), and management gateways that also manage service processors and provide a gateway and switch for the management LAN (IM4200).
- 2004 Opengear founded by the founders of SnapGear
- 2005 Started okvm open source project, developing open source console and KVM management software 
- 2005 Released CM4000 and SD4000 product lines (built on okvm technology)
- 2006 Started sdtcon open source project, a multi-platform SSH tunneling client
- 2006 Released SDTConnector (built on sdtcon technology)
- 2006 Released IM4200 product line
- 2007 Embedded Nagios open source monitoring software 
- 2008 Emdedded Network UPS Tools and PowerMan for UPS and PDU management and monitoring, EMD5000 Environmental Monitoring Products.
- 2009 Extended SNMP support for all mainstream UPS and PDU vendors for true vendor agnostic data center management.
- ^ AIIA Bulletin, " Opengear crosses first million $ mark in exports", June 25, 2007. http://aiia.e-newsletter.com.au/link/id/7464c1a83295b7b791eb/page.html?ib=1
- ^ LinuxPlanet, "Opengear Focuses on Open Source Hardware: Evolution of a Business Model", July 7, 2005. http://linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/interviews/5922/1/
- ^ ISP-Planet, "The Powerful Remote Niche", April 25, 2006. http://www.isp-planet.com/equipment/2006/opengear.html
- ^ DevX, "Opengear Open Sources KVM", February 14, 2005 http://www.devxnews.com/article.php/3482981
- ^ LinuxDevices, "Linux-based network access devices gain Nagios monitoring", February 20, 2007. http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8409480762.html
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
OpenGear Terminal Equipment Platform — The openGear Terminal Equipment Platform is a modular platform for terminal equipment used for video, audio and data signal processing and distribution in the broadcast and production industries. Ross Video is the creator of the openGear platform … Wikipedia
Ross Video — Articleissues advert = January 2008 citations missing = January 2008Infobox Company company name = Ross Video Ltd. company company type = Private foundation = 1974 location = Iroquois, Ontario industry = Live Production Technology products =… … Wikipedia
Open source hardware — refers to computer and electronic hardware that is designed in the same fashion as free and open source software. Open source hardware is part of the open source culture that takes the open source ideas to fields other than software. An example… … Wikipedia