- Neveneffecten (cabaret)
Left to right: Jelle De Beule, Jonas Geirnaert, Lieven Scheire, Koen De Poorter
Medium Television, Theatre Nationality Belgian Years active 2002 - present Genres Sketch comedy, Surreal humour Notable works and roles Neveneffecten (2005)
Willy's en Marjetten (2006)
Members Jonas Geirnaert
Koen De Poorter
Jelle De Beule
Their first tv appearance (in Man Bijt Hond) consisted of cousins Jonas Geirnaert and Lieven Scheire beating up a big teddybear dressed as giant bunnies and was badly received by the audience. This controversial sketch caused Koen De Poorter to contact the duo, and he soon became a member of Neveneffecten.
In 2003 they won the jury prize at the Groninger Studenten Cabaret Festival and a year later they adopted Jelle De Beule as their fourth member. He had until then been their, allegedly extremely incompetent, stage technician.
By 2004 Neveneffecten were touring Flanders and The Netherlands with their first full theatre show Zinloos Geweldig. However the initial aim was to write sketches for television. They made a first series of the sketch show Neveneffecten for Canvas in 2005. A year later, in 2006, they worked together with comedian Bart De Pauw in Willy's en Marjetten on één, which was their first prime time slot. In 2007 they wrote another 5 episodes for the second season of Neveneffecten.
Currently their new show Basta is on air and has caused a lot of controverse. In the first episode, they had fooled the Flemish press for one year with a fake research center Data Driven  . In the second episode, the Neveneffecten showed how fraudulent the quiz channels were. In less than 24 hours after the episode, the Flemish television stations ceased the broadcasting of quiz channels because the big controversy that was created by the Neveneffecten .
- Rechtstreeks en Integraal (15 min) - 2002
- Coherentie voor Beginners (30 min) - 2003
- Zinloos Geweldig (90 min) - 2004 and resumed in 2007
- ^ http://www.dewereldmorgen.be/artikels/2010/06/16/woestijnvis-belazerde-de-media-niet-alleen-data-driven press article when the fake research center Data Driven was discovered
- ^ http://knackfocus.rnews.be/nl/entertainment/tv/testbeeld/recensie-basta/article-1194921589034.htm review about the first episode
- ^ http://www.hbvl.be/nieuws/media-en-cultuur/aid1009657/neveneffecten-ons-doel-is-bereikt.aspx article with some reactions of the Neveneffecten after the VMMA announced the cease of the quiz channel
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Neveneffecten — is a TV program on Flemish public television, written and performed by the cabaret quartet of the same name. It s a comedy show that contains a lot of absurd humor, based on the National Geographic documentaries. Famous directors of the show are… … Wikipedia
Lieven Scheire — (May 3 1981 in Wachtebeke) is a Belgian comedian, mainly known for being a member of Neveneffecten.CareerHe followed secondary education at the Sint Lodewijkscollege in Lokeren. After this, he studied Fysics at the University of Ghent for a few… … Wikipedia