- Asa (name)
Asa Gender male or female Language(s) various Origin Meaning various
Asa is a given name in several parts of the world.
- Asa (/'ay-sah/) - derived from the Hebrew language, as the name appears in the Old Testament to designate the third King of Judah, who reigned for forty years. It became a popular name because of the influence of the Puritans in the 17th century.
- Asa (pronounced 'asha') - a Nigerian name with the meaning hawk, or little hawk.
- Åsa - Swedish name in reference to Æsir
- Asa - Japanese name with the original meaning 'morning'.
- Asa - Hebrew also means healer and/or physician, Ase
People named Asa
- Aṣa, Paris-born Nigerian singer-songwriter
- Asa, Head of the "Mbai" family of the Kamba ethnic group in Kenya
- Asa (Rapper), (Formerly known as Avain) Finnish singer; see Finnish hip hop
- Asa of Judah, Third king of Judah, son of Abijam, grandson of Rehoboam
- Asa Briggs, British historian
- Asa Buchanan, Character in the ABC soap opera One Life to Live
- Asa Butterfield, British actor in The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
- Asa Griggs Candler, (1851–1929) Founder of the Coca-Cola company
- Asa Dotzler, Founder and coordinator of Mozilla's Quality Assurance and Testing Program
- Asa Gray, 19th century American botanist
- Asa Hartford, (Richard 'Asa' Hartford) Scottish Former professional footballer
- Asa Hutchinson, Former House Representative from Arkansas's 3rd district & former D.E.A. Administrator
- Asa Kasher (born 1940), Israeli philosopher and linguist
- Asa Mader, Artist / filmmaker
- Asa Packer, 19th century American businessman and politician
- Asa Coon, Perpetrator of the 2007 SuccessTech Academy shooting
- Asa Phelps, Character in The Simpsons episode Raging Abe Simpson and His Grumbling Grandson in "The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"
- Asa Philip Randolph, Prominent 20th century African-American civil rights leader and founder of the first black labor union in the U.S.
- Asa Robinson, Rugby league footballer of the 1900s - 1920s for Great Britain, England, and Halifax RLFC
- Asa Shigure, Character in the Shuffle! media franchise
- Asa Wentworth Tenney, (1833–1897) United States federal judge
- Asa Wentworth Jr., Vermont Senate President, 1851
- Asa Yoelson, (pronounced Asa Yoll-son), real name of singer Al Jolson
This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Asa — may refer to: Contents 1 People 2 Places 3 Other 4 See also People Aṣa (born 1982), Paris born Nigerian singer songwriter … Wikipedia
ASA — ASA, as an abbreviation or initialism which stands for:Organizations* Acoustical Society of America * Advertising Standards Authority, British regulator of the advertising industry * African Studies Association * Airline Superintendents… … Wikipedia
ASA Late Model Series — Infobox sports league logo=ASAlatemodellogo.jpg sport=Auto racing founded=2003 teams= country=USA champion=Challenge: Peter Cozzolino Northern: Eddie HoffmanASA Late Model Series is a nationally touring American stock car racing series. Founded… … Wikipedia
Aṣa — Background information Birth name Bukola Elemide Born Paris, France … Wikipedia
Asa Earl Carter — (September 4, 1925 – June 7, 1979) was an American political speechwriter and author. He was most notable for publishing novels and a best selling, award winning memoir under the name Forrest Carter, an identity as a Native American Cherokee. In… … Wikipedia
ASA — ist der Personenname von: Asa (hebräisch אָסָא), dritter König von Juda, regierte von 913 bis 873 v. Chr. Asa (hebräisch אָסָא), männliche biblische Person; siehe Liste biblischer Personen/A Asa Akira (* 1986), japanisch amerikanische… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Asa Akira — attending the XRCO Awards, Hollywood, CA on April 16, 2009. Born January 3, 1986 (1986 01 03) (age 25) … Wikipedia
ASA style — is a widely accepted format for writing university research papers that specifies such the arrangement and punctuation of footnotes and bibliographies. Standards for ASA style are specified in the ASA style guide, which is is published by the… … Wikipedia
Asa Gray — by Whipple, 1864. Born Novemb … Wikipedia
Asa Danforth Jr. — Asa Danforth Jr. Born June 29, 1768(1768 06 29) Brookfield, Massachusetts, United States Died c. 1821 Occupation Early settler, land speculator, highway engineer Spouse Olive L … Wikipedia