- Weston Collegiate Institute
Infobox Education in Canada
name= Weston Collegiate Institute
motto= "Manu Cordeque" ("With Hand and With Heart")
streetaddress= 100 Pine Street
postalcode= M9N 2Y9
schoolboard= Toronto District School Board
principal= Ms. Angela Petitti
schooltype= High school
language= Canadian English|English
mascot= The Blue and White Ironman
teamname= Weston Ironmen
colours= White and Blue
March 07, 2008
Weston Collegiate Institute is a Grade 9 to Grade 12 High School located in the York South-Weston area of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. [ [http://www.tdsb.on.ca/scripts/Schoolasp.asp?schno=6988 Weston CI ] ] It is the second oldest high school in Toronto, after Jarvis Collegiate Institute. Weston CI is located on 100 Pine Street and is near the Jane Street & Lawrence Avenue West intersection.
About Weston Collegiate Institute
Weston Collegiate Institute stands for excellence in education. Students acquisition of the knowledge, the critical thinking skills, and the moral judgment necessary for the future success is a fundamental goal for university, college apprenticeship, or employment.
Established in 1857, Weston Collegiate holds the distinction of being the second-oldest secondary school in Toronto.fact|date=June 2008 With a rich history and years of tradition, Weston's Alumni Foundation continues to take an active role in supporting the school's activities and scholarship programs.
The diversity of curriculum provides students with the opportunity to experience a broad spectrum of subjects from the creative and language arts, maths, sciences, and technological studies.
In addition, Weston offers students the opportunity to enroll in the International Studies Program (Grade 9) and the International Baccalaureate Program (Grades 11 to 12). The International Baccalaureate Diploma is universally recognized for admission to the world's finest universities.
A well supported Code of Behaviour developed by parents, staff, students, and community members is based on respect for oneself, others, property, and the learning environment. Consistent and fair implementation of the code has contributed significantly to establishing a positive, safe, and supportive learning atmosphere.
International Baccalaureate Program
The International Baccalaureate (IB) offers high quality programmes of international education to a worldwide community of schools. There are more than 602,000 IB students at 2,257 schools in 126 countries.
Weston Collegiate Institute has been an IB World School since March 1994. It offers the IB Diploma Programme. The school is state funded. The head of the school is Angela Petitti.
Authorized to offer the IB Diploma Programme since March 1994, the programme is taught in English. The school is open to male and female students.
Students at this school usually take IB exams in May.
In the last examination session, students completed the following exams: Biology HL, Biology SL, Chemistry HL, Chemistry SL, English A1 HL, French B HL, French B SL, History HL, History SL, Math.Studies SL, Mathematics HL, Mathematics SL, Physics SL, Soc.Cul.Anth HL, Soc.Cul.Anth SL and Theory Knowl. TK.
* [http://www.tdsb.on.ca/scripts/Schoolasp.asp?schno=6988 Weston CI TDSB Site]
* [http://www.ibo.org/school/000747/ International Baccalaureate listing]
* [http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/healthyschools/details.asp?SchoolBoardNumber=66052&SchoolName=Weston%20Collegiate%20Institute Ontario Ministry of Education listing as a "Healthy School"]
* [http://www.westonalumni.com/data/WCAF_060630.pdf Allumni newsletter (PDF)]
* [http://www.biocomp.utoronto.ca/1996/sch_rk96.htm Listed among "top 75 schools" by the University of Toronto 1996 Ontario Biology Competition ]
* [http://www.biocomp.utoronto.ca/2000/sch_rk00.htm Listed as #52 in the University of Toronto's 2000 National Biology Competition]
* [http://www.toronto.ca/health/itds/itds_newsletter_spring2005.htm participated in 2000 Toronto "In the Driver's seat" safety program]
* [http://www.gg.ca/honours/search-recherche/index_e.asp?results=1&Honours=Bronze&Province=ON&TypeID=acmed&pg=522&npp=25 Student received a 1996 Canada Governor General's Academic Medal (Bronze)]
* [http://www.gg.ca/honours/search-recherche/index_e.asp?results=1&Honours=Bronze&Province=ON&TypeID=acmed&pg=285&npp=25 Student received a 1994 Canada Governor General's Academic Medal (Bronze)]
* [http://www.kingsentinel.com/news/2007/0620/Schools/009.html News story about 150th anniversary]
* [http://www.westonci.com News about Mr. Watkins and school staff]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Harbord Collegiate Institute — Infobox Education in Canada name= Harbord Collegiate Institute imagesize= 300px motto= Virtus et Doctrina streetaddress= 286 Harbord St. city= Toronto province= Ontario postalcode= M6G 1G5 areacode= 416 phone= 393 1650 url=… … Wikipedia
Oakwood Collegiate Institute — Address 991 St. Clair Ave West Toronto … Wikipedia
Malvern Collegiate Institute — Victrix Sapientia Fortunae … Wikipedia
Kipling Collegiate Institute — Infobox Education in Canada name = Kipling Collegiate Institute motto = Portas Ad Futura Aperimus streetaddress = 380 The Westway city = Toronto province = Ontario postalcode = M9R 1H4 areacode = 416 phone = 394 7930 fax = 394 6170 url =… … Wikipedia
Martingrove Collegiate Institute — Lumen In Vobis Est The Light is Within You Address 50 Winterton Drive Toronto, Ontario … Wikipedia
North Toronto Collegiate Institute — Labor Omnia Vincit Hard work conquers all Address 17 Broadway Avenue … Wikipedia
North Albion Collegiate Institute — North Albion CI ( NACI ) VIRTUS, OFFICIUM, VERITAS Address 2580 Kipling Avenue Toronto, Ontario … Wikipedia
David and Mary Thomson Collegiate Institute — Address 2740 Lawrence Av … Wikipedia
Marc Garneau Collegiate Institute — Address 135 Overlea Blv Toronto … Wikipedia
Dr Norman Bethune Collegiate Institute — This article refers to a high school in Scarborough, Ontario. For other institutions named Bethune, see the listing at Bethune (disambiguation). Dr. Norman Bethune Collegiate Institute Debonnaire … Wikipedia