- Nezihe Muhiddin
She is the founder of the first party of the Republic of Turkey, Kadınlar Halk Fırkası (People’s Party of Women or Women's People Party) in July 1923. KHF was founded for the political and social rights of women. Due to the political situation during the time, it was not recognized officially by the modern Turkish state.
Muhiddin then founded Türk Kadınlar Birliği (Turkish Women's Union). Türk Kadınlar Birliği continued to press for political equality. In 1927 the Union decided to promote a feminist male candidate to champion women's rights in parliament, but was unsuccessful.
She spent her life working to improve the quality of the lives of Turkish women.
- Şebab-ı Tebah (The Lost Youth)
- Benliğim benimdir (My Ego is Mine)
- Güzellik Kraliçesi (The Beauty Queen)
- Boz Kurt (The Grey Wolf)
- İstanbul'da Bir Landru (A Landru in Istanbul)
- Ateş Böcekleri (Fire Flies)
- Bir Aşk Böyle Bitti (This is How A Love Ended)
- Çıplak Model (The Naked Model)
- İzmir Çocuğu (The Child of Izmir)
- Avare Kadın (Wastrel Woman)
- Bir Yaz Gecesiydi (It Was a Summer Night)
- Çıngıraklı Yılan (The Rattlesnake)
- Kalbim Senindir (My Heart Belongs To You)
- Sabah Oluyor (Turning Out to be Morning)
- Gene Geleceksin (You Will Come Back)
- Sus Kalbim Sus! (Shush, My Heart, Shush!)
- Türk Kadını (Turkish Woman)
- Nezihe Muhiddin: an Ottoman Turkish women's rights defender" by Yaprak Zihnioglu.
- Kadınsız İnkılap/ Nezihe Muhiddin, Kadınlar Halk Fırkası, Kadın Birliği. by Yaprak Zihnioğlu, Metis Yayınları 2003
- Nezihe Muhiddin külliyatı by Yaprak Zihnioğlu
- Osmanlı Kadın Hareketi by Serpil Çakır
- Historical Roots of the Turkish Women's Movement
- Late Ottoman and Early Turkish women activists. Yeni Şafak Newspaper Article in Turkish.
- Ottoman Women's Movement, Turkish article in Radikal Newspaper
- Muhiddin, life and books. Radikal Newspaper Article in Turkish.
- Bir milletin nisvânı, derece-i terâkkisinin mizânıdır. SesOnline Article by Ayse Hur in Turkish
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Nezihe — is a Turkish given name for females. People named Nezihe include: Nezihe Kalkan, Turkish dancer and singer Nezihe Muhiddin, Ottoman Turkish women activist Nezihe Viranyalı, Turkish female aviator This page or section lists people that share the… … Wikipedia
Muhiddin — or Muhittin is the Turkish version of the Muslim name Mohy al Din It may refer to: Given name Muhittin Akyüz, Turkish general, diplomat. Muhittin Kurtiş, Turkish general. Şerif Muhiddin Targan (1892 1967), Turkish musician Muhittin Taylan (1910… … Wikipedia
History of the Republic of Turkey — Articleissues citations missing = July 2008 rewrite = July 2008The Republic of Turkey is the successor state of the Ottoman Empire, created after the overthrow of Sultan Mehmet VI Vahdettin by the new Republican assembly of Turkey in 1922. This… … Wikipedia
List of Turkish people — This is a list of notable Turkish people. Actors/actresses * İsmail Ferhat Özlü * Güllü Agop * Tarık Akan Actor * Azra Akın Model, Miss World 2002 * Barış Akarsu * Filiz Akın – Actress * Fatih Akın, film director * Metin Akpınar – Actor * Derya… … Wikipedia