- Univision Communications
company_name = Univision Communications, Inc.
company_type = Private
Los Angeles, California, USA (1992)
A. Jerrold Perenchio Venevisionand Televisa
location_city = Los Angeles, California
location_country = flagicon|US
key_people = Joe Uva, CEO
Ray Rodriguez, President and COO
owner = Broadcast Media Partners, Inc.
industry = Media and
products = Univision Network, Galavision, Telefutura Network, Univision Online,
Univision Radio, Univision Music Group, Univision Television Group, Telefutura Television Group
homepage = [http://www.univision.net/ www.univision.net]
Univision Communications, Inc. is the leading Spanish language media company in the United States.
Univision Communications, Inc. was founded in 1992 by businessman
A. Jerrold Perenchio, Televisaand Venevisionwhen the Univision Network was acquired from Hallmark Cards.
From September 1996 to April 2007, Univision Communications, Inc. traded in the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol UVN.
In 2001, Univision acquired USA Broadcasting, the station group of USA Networks, which included 13 full-power television stations which are listed below. Most of these stations became part of a new network called
TeleFutura. Others joined Univision.
In March 2007, Univision Communications, Inc. was sold to Broadcasting Media Partners, Inc. which includes
Madison DearbornPartners, LLC, Providence Equity PartnersInc. , TPG Capital, L.P., Thomas H. Lee Partners, L.P., and Saban Capital Group.
Former USA Stations
These were the stations Univision picked up through the acquisition of USA Broadcasting.
* 1These stations are owned by Univision, however they are operated by Entravision under Local Marketing Agreements.
* 2WUVG also carries
TeleFuturaon a digital subchannel (WUVG-DT 48.2).
* 3WQHS is the only network-owned station bordering
Canada. It is also one of only three stations near the Canadian border. The other two stations -- which are third-party owned, are WUDT-CAin Detroit, Michiganand KUNS-TVin Seattle, Washington. However, neither the network nor any of the three stations are available on cable or satellite in Canada due to foreign broadcast restrictions established by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission(CRTC).
* Univision Network
* Telefutura Network
* Univision Online
Univision Music Group
* Univision Television Group
* Telefutura Television Group
* [http://www.tutv.tv TuTV] (50% with Televisa)
* Joe Uva, Chief Executive Officer
Ray Rodriguez, President and Chief Operating Officer
* Andrew W. Hobson, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Financial and Strategic Officer
* C. Douglas Kranwinkle, Executive Vice President and General Counsel
Board of Directors
* Joe Uva, Chief Executive Officer – Univision Communications Inc.
* Zaid F. Alsikafi, Director - Madison Dearborn Partners, LLC
* David Bonderman, Founding Partner – TPG Capital, L.P.
* Richard J. Bressler, Managing Director - Thomas H. Lee Partners, L.P.
* James C. Carlisle, Vice President - Thomas H. Lee Partners, L.P.
* Adam Chesnoff, President and Chief Operating Officer - Saban Capital Group, Inc.
Henry Cisneros, Executive Chairman - CityView
* Michael P. Cole, Director - Madison Dearborn Partners, LLC
* Kelvin L. Davis, Partner - TPG Capital, L.P.
* Albert J. Dobron, Managing Director - Providence Equity Partners
Gloria Estefan, Vice-President - Estefan Enterprises
* Mark J. Masiello, Managing Director - Providence Equity Partners
* Jonathan M. Nelson, Chief Executive Officer - Providence Equity Partners
* James N. Perry, Managing Director - Madison Dearborn Partners, LLC
* Karl Peterson, Partner - TPG Capital, L.P.
Haim Saban, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer - Saban Capital Group, Inc.
* Scott M. Sperling, Co-President - Thomas H. Lee Partners, L.P.
* [http://www.univision.net Corporate site]
* [http://www.univision.com Univision.com]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Univision Communications — Univision Communications, Inc. Tipo Industria Privada Predecesor Spanish International Communications Corporation (SICC) (1961 1986) … Wikipedia Español
Univision Communications — Univision Logo de Univision Création 1961 Dates clés renommage en 1986 … Wikipédia en Français
Univisión Communications — Senderlogo Allgemeine Informationen Empfang: Antenne (DVB T), Kabel (analog, DVB C), Satellit (analog, DVB S) … Deutsch Wikipedia
Univision — Type Broadcast Television Network Country … Wikipedia
Univisión — Univision Logo de Univision Création 1961 Dates clés renommage en 1986 … Wikipédia en Français
Univision — Univisión Eslogan La visión de América Tipo de canal onda aérea en abierto Programación Diversa Propietario Univision Communications, Inc … Wikipedia Español
Univision — Senderlogo Allgemeine Informationen Empfan … Deutsch Wikipedia
Univision Music Group — Univision Communications Univision Television Group Television Univision Network TeleFutura Network Galavision Univision Music Group Univision Record … Wikipédia en Français
Univision Music Group — fue una compañía discográfica de Estados Unidos especializada en la música latina con aproximadamente 45% del market share. [cita requerida] fundada en abril de 2001 por Univision Communications. Univision Music Group incluía tres… … Wikipedia Español
Univision — Logo de Univision Création 1961 Dates clés renommage en 1986 … Wikipédia en Français