- Stargate TCG
Stargate TCG is a new
trading card gamebased on the long-running Stargateseries. It released in both online and physical card formats in April 2007. [cite web |url=http://stargateonlinetcg.station.sony.com/index.vm |title=Stargate Online Trading Card Game |publisher=Sony Online Entertainment |accessdate=2007-03-07] The first set is to be based on SG-1, though upcoming releases will add additional cards from SG-1 and incorporate Stargate Atlantis as well. The Stargate TCG is designed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by Comic Images.
The TCG pulls players into the Stargate universe as they put their favorite characters together to form a team and send them through the gate to accomplish missions. New gameplay lets characters “learn” from their accomplishments and mistakes to increase their capabilities. There are three different ways to possibly win: Earning experience points, collecting glyphs, or scoring Adversaries.
By completing missions, players can play glyphs onto their characters which unlock abilities that could help them win the game.
The online version of the game is identical to the standard game and contains the same cards. However, being online it gives players the advantage of a more diverse group of opponents to play against at any time of day or night. Also, it includes an online deck builder and collection management system, making it easy to manage your physical and virtual collections. There are also online tournaments with rewards of free cards and increased player rankings in worldwide standings. Finally, Sony Online has introduced a redemption program known as “Through the Gate”. This allows players to collect the full set of digital cards, and then redeem them online for physical cards. [cite web |url=http://stargateonlinetcg.station.sony.com/features.vm |title=Stargate Online Trading Card Game - Features |publisher=Sonly Online Entertainment |accessdate=2007-03-07] The online game went live on April 27, 2007.
Set 1: SG-1
The first set is based on the series
Stargate SG-1, and contains 292 cards. Starter decks feature Jack O'Neill, Daniel Jackson, Samantha Carter, and Teal'c, and are fully playable, each containing sixty cards including four team character cards that are based on the heroes of the show. Booster packs each contain eleven additional cards, including characters, enemies, missions, weapons and other gear, as well as obstacles that you can use to enhance your deck. The set is made up of 66 Rare cards, 66 Uncommon cards, 100 Common cards, 6 Ultra-Rare cards, and 54 Starter-deck-only cards.
et 2: System Lords
Released on August 16, 2007, the 292 card System Lords expansion focuses on expanding the Villain aspect of the Stargate TCG. Starter Decks feature Ba'al, Apophis, Osiris, and Yu. It introduced a new feature called Dominion and expandeded upon existing traits from the SG-1 set such as Russians,
Tok'ra, and NID. The set is made up of 66 Rare cards, 66 Uncommon cards, 100 Common cards, 6 Ultra-Rare cards, and 54 Starter-deck-only cards.
et 3: Rise of the Ori
Released on May 9, 2008. This set include 240 cards and it introduces Ships, Promotion Tokens, and the Blockade ability.
et 4: Atlantis
Announced. No more information as of yet.
1st Physical World Championship: August 17-18, 2007 @ GenCon IndyChampion: Scott Watson, Runner up: Dave Morello
* [http://www.stargatetcg.com Stargate TCG Official website]
* [http://stargateonlinetcg.station.sony.com/ Stargate TCG Official website for the Online version of the game]
* [http://kitsdb.com/Stargate Kit's Stargate Database] For a Complete Card List, Starter Decks Listings, Card Comments, Sample Decks, Card Combos, and more.
* [http://www.TradeCardsOnline.com/?referrer_name=patrick Tradecardsonline.com] For a Complete Card List, Manage your card inventory Online (have/want,etc), Play Online, Cards reviews, Card decks, Card of the week, Card decks of the week, and much more. 681,000 cards offered for trade! More than 5400 active users, Information about more than 100,000 different cards, Trading offered for 43 games and over 700 expansion sets.
* [http://www.StargateTCG.org StargateTCG.org] Independent fan site with loads of downloadable resources (Cardlists, Spoilers, Scorecards, Rules), strategy articles, easy to build decklists and much, much more. Frequently updated.
* [http://stargatetcg.proboards40.com/index.cgi Stargate TCG - Fight for Abydos] A fanmade dreamset based on the Stargate movie.
* [http://origin.nngraphics.com/stargate/?action=home Origin: Stargate TCG] An SOE fansite dedicated to the Online Stargate TCG. Weekly featured decks and cards as well as competitions and news.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of recurring Earth characters in Stargate SG-1 — This is a list of recurring characters from Earth in the science fiction television show Stargate SG 1. Contents 1 Stargate Command personnel 1.1 Kevin Elliot 1.2 Janet Fraiser 1.3 … Wikipedia
List of collectible card games — See collectible card game for information on this genre. Numbered links refer to the game s official website. Unless otherwise noted, all dates listed should be considered as the North American release date.For the list of online collectible card … Wikipedia
Juego de cartas coleccionables — Este artículo o sección necesita referencias que aparezcan en una publicación acreditada, como revistas especializadas, monografías, prensa diaria o páginas de Internet fidedignas. Puedes añadirlas así o avisar … Wikipedia Español
Chinese mythology in popular culture — Elements of Chinese mythology have appeared many times in popular culture. Contents 1 Dragon turtle 2 Hong 3 Jade Emperor 4 Mogwai … Wikipedia
Makeba Riddick — Born West Baltimore, U.S. Genres R B, pop, urban Occupations Songwriter, vocal producer, Years active 2002 – present … Wikipedia