- Alan Woods (politician)
Alan Woods (born in
Swansea, Walesin 1944) is a Trotskyistpolitician and writer. He is one of the leading members of the International Marxist Tendencyand editor of 'the "In Defence of Marxism" website, "Marxist.com.
thumb|left|250px| Alan Woods and Hugo Chávez in one of their many meetings together. He was born into a working-class family with a strong
Communisttradition. At the age of 16 he joined the Young Socialists and became a Marxistjoining the Militant Tendencywithin the Labour Party. He studied Russian at Sussex Universityand later in Sofia( Bulgaria) and at the Moscow State University(MGU). He his wife and two small daughters, moved to Spainin the early 1970s, where he participated in the struggle against the Francisco Francodictatorship,Fact|date=July 2008 and speaks several languages, including Italian, English, Spanish, French, German and Russian.
In the early
1990s Woods and his mentor, Ted Grantsplit from the Militant Tendency and its parent organization, the Committee for a Workers Internationalover what they considered to be the ultraleftturn of this organisation. Grant and Woods and their supporters internationally formed the Committee for a Marxist International in 1992, which was later to be known as the International Marxist Tendency.
He was the editor for some years of the Marxist journal
Socialist Appeal, published in London, which is now edited by Mick Brooks.He is currently the leader of the IMTand editor of the website ( [http://www.marxist.com In Defence of Marxism] ).
His writings on the current revolution in Venezuela and the tasks to be carried out by the revolutionaries around the world are followed by members of the WCC around the world.
At the political level he has had meetings with
Hugo Chávezrepeatedly and defends the idea that the Bolivarian Revolution is the germ of the World Revolution, and he also travel and supports other revolutionary processes in Pakistan, Bolivia and Cuba.
* Marxism in Our Time (1992)
* China in Crisis (1994)
* [http://www.marxist.com/Europe/socialisteurope.html The Socialist Alternative to the European Union] (1997)
* [http://www.marxist.com/Europe/albania.html Revolution in Albania] (1997)
* [http://www.marxist.com/Economy/capitalistcrisis.html A New Stage in the Capitalist Crisis] (1998)
* [http://www.marxist.com/Asia/indonesia.html Indonesia: the Asian Revolution has Begun] (1998)
* [http://www.marxist.com/Europe/kosovo.html The Kosovo pogrom and the Balkan Powder-keg] (1998)
* [http://www.marxist.com/Russia/russiacrisis.html Crisis in Russia, the free market failure] ,
* [http://www.marxist.com/philosophy/index.asp History of Philosophy] ,
* Two books co-authored with
** [http://www.marxist.com/LeninAndTrotsky/ Lenin and Trotsky: what they really stood for] (1969)
** [http://www.marxist.com/rircontents.asp Reason in Revolt: Marxist philosophy and modern science] (1995)
* [http://www.marxist.com/bolshevism/ Bolshevism: the Road to Revolution] (1999).
* [http://www.marxist.com/marxism-national-question250200.htm Marxism and the National Question] (2000)
* [http://www.marxist.com/british-poets-french-revolution-1.htm British Poets and the French Revolution] (2003)
* [http://www.marxist.com/ireland/republicanism_intro.html The revolutionary dialectic of Republicanism - An Open Letter to Irish Republicans] (2003).
* [http://www.marxist.com/defence-marxism-israel-shamir1.htm In Defence of Marxism - Reply to Israel Shamir] (2004)
* [http://www.marxist.com/celia-hart-stalinism-leninism1010904.htm The Celia Hart Controversy - Stalinism or Leninism?] (2004)
* Ireland: Republicanism and Revolution (2005)
* The Venezuelan Revolution - a Marxist perspective (2005)
Marxism and the U.S.A." [http://www.wellredusa.com/marxism_usa_alan_woods.html] (Wellred USA, 2005).
* [http://www.marxist.com/reawakening-world-working-class160206.htm The Reawakening of the World Working Class and the Tasks Faced by Marxists] (2006)
* [http://www.marxist.com/reformism-or-revolution-out-now.htm Reformism or Revolution — Marxism and Socialism of the 21st Century (reply to Heinz Dieterich)] (2008)
* Rob Sewell, [http://www.marxist.com/hbt/p-4.html History of British Trotskyism Postcript sic]
* Rob Sewell, [http://www.marxist.com/militant-built-destroyed101004.htm How the Militant was Built – and How it was Destroyed]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Alan Woods — may refer to:* Alan Woods (footballer) * Alan Woods (politician) * Alan Woods (soccer)ee also* Alan Wood … Wikipedia
Woods (surname) — Woods is a surname, and may to refer many people.::See alsoA* Alan Woods * Albert Woods * Albert H. Woods * Annalise Woods * Aubrey Woods * Ayiesha WoodsB* Babs Woods, fictional character * Bambi Woods * Barbara Alyn Woods * Belita Woods * Bill… … Wikipedia
David Hanson (politician) — The Right Honourable David George Hanson MP Shadow Minister of State for Police and Criminal Justice Incumbent … Wikipedia
Ian Robinson (Australian politician) — Ian Louis Robinson (born 27 March 1927) is an Australian politician. Born in Coraki, New South Wales, he was educated at state schools before becoming a dairy farmer, a journalist and company director. In 1953 he was elected to the New South… … Wikipedia
Chris Leslie (politician) — Christopher Leslie Member of Parliament for Nottingham East Incumbent Assumed office 6 May 2010 Preceded by John Heppell Majority 6,969 (21%) … Wikipedia
List of University of Sussex alumni — This is a list of notable alumni of the University of Sussex. Some alumni are mentioned in the main article itself. Politicians *Hilary Benn, Labour Member of Parliament for Leeds, Secretary of State for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs… … Wikipedia
Preston Council election, 2002 — Elections were held for Preston Borough Councilin North West England, in May 2002. Held prior to the town being awarded city status, these elections took place following a boundary review which introduced new electoral wards as a consequence of… … Wikipedia
List of Australian National University people — The Australian National University has had numerous notable alumni and faculty. Contents 1 Notable alumni 1.1 Politics and government 2 Notable past and present staff 3 Adm … Wikipedia
Wood (surname) — Wood, also spelled Wode, Woode, Woodde, or Wad is a surname that is common throughout the anglophone world.In England, Wales and the Isle of Man it is the 26th most common surname [cite web last = first = authorlink = coauthors = title =Most… … Wikipedia
Ted Grant — Edward (Ted) Grant (9 July 1913 ndash; 20 July 2006) was a South African Trotskyist politician who spent most of his adult life in Britain.Main ideasTed Grant described himself as a Marxist, a Leninist and a Trotskyist. In his ideas, one can… … Wikipedia