- Norwegian Association of Audiovisual Translators
The Norwegian Association of Audiovisual Translators (Norwegian: Norsk audiovisuell oversetterforening, NAViO) is an association organizing mainly translators dealing with subtitling for the cinema, television, video, DVD and Internet markets.
NAViO was established in 1997. Close to 140 translators have joined the association out of approximately 180 active translators in Norway (2007).
NAViO's main objectives are to
- unite translators working within the audiovisual media,
- protect the common economic interests of its members,
- promote professional development and social exchange for its members,
- work for the recognition of subtitlers as professionals and
- make visible the cultural importance of the work performed by translators within the audiovisual media.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Ассоциации переводчиков — Список объединений переводчиков В этом списке перечисляются переводческие организации мира с разбивкой по странам. Большинство из них являются членами Международной федерации переводчиков. Содержание 1 Международные 2 Австралия 3 … Википедия
Norwaco — is a union for rights holders in audiovisual works in Norway. The organization administrates copyrighted works used by broadcasters. It was established in 1983. List of member bodies This is a list of member bodies: Norwegian Specialized … Wikipedia
Media and Publishing — ▪ 2007 Introduction The Frankfurt Book Fair enjoyed a record number of exhibitors, and the distribution of free newspapers surged. TV broadcasters experimented with ways of engaging their audience via the Internet; mobile TV grew; magazine… … Universalium
9/11 conspiracy theories — The collapse of the two World Trade Center towers and the nearby WTC7 (in this photo, the brown building to the left of the towers) is a major focus of 9/11 cons … Wikipedia