- Lawrence Hill, Bristol
infobox UK place
country = England
official_name= Lawrence Hill
static_image_caption= Boundaries of the city council ward.
population = 14,423 [cite web | title=Lawrence Hill | work=2001 Census Ward Information Sheet | url=http://www.bristol.gov.uk/WardFinder/pdfs/lawrence-hill-profile.pdf | accessdate=2007-02-20]
region= South West England
constituency_westminster= Bristol South
postcode_district = BS5
Lawrence Hill is an electoral ward of
Bristol, United Kingdom.
It is the most deprived electoral ward in the south west region of
England, is part of the Bristol European Union Objective 2area, and has a New Deal for Communities project within its boundaries. The Bristol & Bath Railway Pathstarts in the south of the ward.
Holy Trinity was built between 1829 and 32 by
Thomas Rickmanand Hutchinson. Later work in around 1882 was by John Bevanand in 1905 by WV Gough.
Barton Hill is an area of Bristol, just to the east of the city centre and Bristol Temple Meads railway station.
It includes residential, retail and industrial premises and is crossed by major roads, railway tracks and the feeder canal leading to Bristol Harbour.
The parish church is St Luke's, built 1843-50. [http://www.churchcrawler.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/stlukebh.htm]
Christ Church Barton Hill was opened in 1883 and demolished in 1957. A large geometrical gothic church without a west front but good looks and a nice
Redcliffe is a district of the English port city of Bristol, adjoining the city centre. It is bounded by the loop of the Floating Harbour (including Bathurst Basin) to the west, north and east, the New Cut of the River Avon to the south and Temple Way and Temple Gate to the south-east. Most of Redcliffe lies within the city ward of Lawrence Hill, although the western most section, including the cliffs and hill from which the area takes its name, is in Cabot ward.  
Redcliffe takes its name from the red sandstone cliffs which line the southern side of the Floating Harbour, behind Phoenix Wharf and Redcliffe Wharf. These cliffs are honey-combed with tunnels constructed both to extract sand for the local glass making industry and to act as store houses for goods. Part of the last remaining glass kiln in the area is now the Kiln Restaurant of the Hilton National Hotel in Redcliffe Way.  
The parish church of St. Mary Redcliffe is one of Bristol's best known churches, with a spire soaring to a height of 292ft (90m).
t Philips Marsh
St Philips Marsh is an industrial inner suburb of Bristol, England. The River Avon and Harbour feeder canal run through the area. The site is currently home of a large retail and leisure park with Showcase cinemas and hollywood bowl among its residents. It has been extensively redevloped in the past 15 years and a bypass runs over the River Avon creating a major transport link from the A4 road in south east Bristol, to junction 3 of the M32 motorway near the city centre. In past years St Philips marsh was a housing development for the workers of Bristol's market area (now known as Old Market). One of St Philips' more influncial residents during the early 1900s was George Townsend, a major property developer of the South Bristol area. His family home situated in the St Annes area of Bristol is still standing today and a reminder of bristols history.
It is served by,
Bristol Temple Meads railway stationand Lawrence Hill railway station.
* [http://www.somerset.gov.uk/archives/Maps/OS62htm/1205.htm Map of Lawrence Hill cica 1900]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.