- Eastwood High School (Pemberville, Ohio)
name = Eastwood High School
caption = Home of the Eagles!
streetaddress = 4900 Sugar Ridge Road
Midwestern United States
city = Pemberville
district = Eastwood Local School District
county = Wood County
zipcode = 43450
schoolnumber = 1-877-287-3217
schoolboard = Eastwood Board of Education
superintendent = Brent Welker
head of school =
principal = Jeff Hill
viceprincipal = Troy Slottman
staff = n/a
school code =
classes offered =
avg_class_size = Roughly 200
schooltype = Public
fundingtype = Property and income taxes
age range =
campus size =
campus type =
Hours_in_Day = 6 hrs. 38 min.
conference = S.L.L.
school_colours = Red, White, & Columbia Blue
newspaper = The Eagle's Eye
homepage = [http://www.eastwood.k12.oh.us/hs/thecover.htm OFFICIAL HOMEPAGE]
Eastwood High School is the home of the Eagles. It is the only high school in the district. The high school holds grades nine through twelve. It is a part of the Eastwood Local School District in eastern Wood County in the state of Ohio. Eastwood High's athletic conference is known as the S.L.L. or the
Suburban Lakes League. The high school also holds a variety of classes students can take. It is affiliated with [http://www.pentacareercenter.org/ Penta Career Center] .
* FOREGIN LANGUAGES: Spanish (1, 2, 3, 4, & 4H), & German (1, 2, 3, 3H, & 4)
* LANG. ARTS: ENGLISH (9, 9A, 9H, 10, 10A, 10H, 11, 11A, 11H, 12, 12A, & 12H)
* MATH: Applied, Integrated I, II, & III, Applied Algebra, Algebra 1, 2, & 2H, Geometry, Pre- Calculus, and Calculus
* SCIENCE: Science 9 and Science 9H, Science 10, Biology 1, 2, & 3H, Chemisrty, Physics (Honors & Conceptual), & Marine Science (after school)
* SOC. STUDIES: World History, Amer. History (1 & 2H), Gov't, Psychology , & Sociallogy
* ART: Available in Beginning, Intermediate, & Advanced
* BAND: Available to all students. If you like to play music then the band is for you! They perform concerts, Pit performs for the musical, perform for football games, at pep assemblys, & the "Pep Band" performs at the home Varsity basketball games in the winter
* BUSINESS FOUND.:
* BUSINESS LAW:
* CHOIR: Available to all students, but audition is required. Choir also has a new a'capella vocal group this 2007-2008 school year called "Encore!" Members of Encore! were selected by audition.
* HEALTH: Required by the state of Ohio for "ALL" freshman. If not taken ninth grade year, it will need to be taken sometime during your high school career.
* JOURNALSIM: Available in Journalism 1 & 2. Publish the irregular school newspaper called [http://www.eastwood.k12.oh.us/Eagleseye.htm "The Eagle's Eye"]
* PHOTOGRAPHY: Available in 1 & 2
* PHYS. ED.: Required by the state of Ohio for "ALL" freshman. If not taken ninth grade year, it will need to be taken sometime during your high school career.
* Speech 1/ 2,
* Theater Arts 121,
* Mechanical Drawing,
* Architectural Drawing,
* Industrial Technology 1/ 2/& 3,
* Agricultural Science Foundations,
* Agricultural Science 1/ 2,
* Agricultural Production,
* Computer Applications,
* Word Processing Concepts,
* Microsoft Excel,
* Web Page Design, &
* Advanced Web Page Design.
The high school library is available for use of the students before school and in AA. It may also be used during a class with the permission of a teacher. The library also serves as the computer lab in the high school. [http://www.infowen.info/ Eastwood Libraries Portal] Recently, this 2007- 2008 school year, the school district hired a District Computer Administrator. With the hiring of this individual, came a new school network. Students have usernames & passwords to use the computers. They can save homework, papers, projects to the school network instead of the hard drive. See Below example---
Student Code of Conduct
The student code of conduct, or handbook, can be read by clicking [http://www.eastwood.k12.oh.us/hs/guidance/stuhb.htm this.]
Clubs, Groups etc.
Eastwood High School is host to various clubs and groups. Some of them you can sign up for, others you may need to be elected to by your peers OR selected by a staff member.
They Are... Student Council, Student Advisory Council, Art Club, International Club, People Inc., & National Honor Society to name a few!
Eastwood High School has a variety of athletics for its students to participate in. Eastwood High has been known for its excellence in sports in its athletic conference. ALL of the high school's teams are committed to excellence and fair play. The Athletic Director is also the Assistant Principal, Troy Slattman. The school's mascot is the Eagle. [http://www.eastwood.k12.oh.us/hs/sportsmp.htm Official Sports Homepage]
* FALL SPORTS: Cheerleading (football), Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Marching Band, Volleyball, & Golf.
* WINTER SPORTS: Hockey (club team), Basketball, Intramurals (basketball), Dance Team, Cheerleading (basketball), Swimming (no pool at the school), & Wrestling.
* SPRING SPORTS: Track, Baseball, & Softball
* [http://www.eastwood.k12.oh.us Official site]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.