- Rolls-Royce Phantom (BMW)
Rolls-Royce Phantomfor other models sharing this name"
The aluminium spaceframe body is built in a BMW plant in
Dingolfing, Germanyand the V12 engine in Munich. Final assembly, as well as all wood and leather work, for each customer's individual specification is at a purpose built €100M plant at Goodwood, West Sussex, England. The Goodwood plant contains only two robots to paint the spaceframe body; all other work is done by hand, in keeping with the Rolls-Royce tradition.
*Instead of a
tachometer, the car has a "power reserve" dial indicating how much of the engine's power is left available to the driver.
*The rear doors are rear-hinged, a style commonly referred to as "
suicide doors", but called 'coach doors' by Rolls-Royce. Because of the rear-seating position in relation to the rear inner-door handles, buttons are mounted on both C-pillars which operate hydraulic motors in order to close the rear doors. An electronic lock prevents the doors from being accidentally opened when moving. The car will automatically brake to a walking speed if a coach door remains open when driving off.
Spirit of Ecstasyornament has an electronic retraction mechanism to prevent theft and protect pedestrians in the event of an accident. It may also be retracted by the driver at the touch of a button. It also contains a sensor which detects movement, and will retract if tampered with.
*The 'RR' logos on each of the wheel hubs are independent
bezels in order to always remain upright while the wheel is rotating.
Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupéis the latest convertible made by Rolls-Royce which debuted at the 2007 North American International Auto Showin Detroit, Michiganon January 7, 2007. The platform is based on the Rolls-Royce Phantom and has styling heavily derived from the 100EX concept car unveiled to celebrate the company's centennial in 2004.
* BMW has set a lifetime limit that only 10,000 units of the Phantom will be builtFact|date=April 2008.
* The base price is £250,000 in the UK and $300,000 in the US.
* After selling 805 units in 2006, Rolls-Royce first met its annual sales target of 1,000 vehicles in 2007 (1,010 Phantoms sold, Drophead Coupé sales included).Industry news on [http://www.autoindustry.co.uk/news/10-01-08_10 autoindustry.co.uk] ]
* In 2004, Rolls-Royce was selling twice as many cars as its closest rival
* The 2000th car rolled out of the Goodwood factory in December 2005. [cite web|url=http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/rollsroyce/|title=rollsroyce - Jalopnik ]
* In July 2006, Rolls Royce produced a limited edition run of 25 cars called the "Phantom Black" [cite web|url=http://www.sybarites.org/2006/07/07/new-limited-edition-rolls-royce-phantom-black/|title=Sybarites]
* The 3000th car rolled out of the Goodwood factory in March 2007.
* Rolls Royce produced a limited edition run of 25 cars to commemorate the centenary of the
Silver Ghost. [cite web|url=http://www.sybarites.org/2007/06/01/rolls-royce-limited-edition-phantom-silver/|title=Sybarites]
* Hong Kong Peninsula Hotel has purchased a fleet of 14 Extended Wheelbase Phantoms to replace the Silver Spurs in the fleet, all painted in a special "Peninsula Green" and delivered in December 2006, making history for being the largest single order for the Phantom. [cite web|url=http://hongkong.peninsula.com/phk/information_08.html|title=The Peninsula]
* Luxury Vodka maker Grey Goose and Rolls-Royce teamed up to create two customized limited-edition Rolls-Royce Extended Wheelbase Phantoms to help promote social responsibility while drinking. [cite web|url=http://www.motorauthority.com/cars/rolls-royce/rolls-royce-phantom-grey-goose-edition/|title=Motor Authority]
* Rolls Royce released a special Tungsten edition Phantom which incorporated innovations featured in the EX101 Experimental Car. [cite web|url=http://www.sybarites.org/2007/11/22/rolls-royce-phantom-tungsten-edition/|title=Sybarites]
lthough a number of unauthorized scale models of the Phantom have been produced(including a few Mansory edition Phantoms), Rolls Royce has awarded Exoto the exclusive right to make a 1:18 of the Phantom and the EWB Phantom. The models will sell for US$498 for the Phantom and US$598 for the EWB Phantom making it one of the most expensive scale models.
* [http://www.rolls-roycemotorcars.com/ Official Website]
* [http://www.lussoluxury.com/content.asp/read-104062006140332/luxury_articles/Lusso%20test%20drives%20the%20Rolls%20Royce%20Phantom%20and%20visits%20their%20Goodwood%20Factory.html Review in Lusso Magazine]
* [http://www.varnavto.com/hqwp/2006_rolls-royce_phantom-(the_peninsula_hong_kong).php Largest single order ever made] Ordered by the Peninsula Hong Kong, a total of 14 Phantoms were sold
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Rolls-Royce Phantom — Rolls Royce has used the Phantom name on many exclusive luxury cars over the past century: * Rolls Royce Phantom I, 1925 ndash;1931 * Rolls Royce Phantom II, 1929 ndash;1936 * Rolls Royce Phantom III, 1936 ndash;1939 * Rolls Royce Phantom IV,… … Wikipedia
Rolls-Royce Phantom Coupé — Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupé Hersteller: RR Motor Cars Produktionszeitraum: seit 2007 … Deutsch Wikipedia
Rolls-Royce Phantom (2003) — Rolls Royce Phantom VI (2003) Constructeur Rolls Royce Années de production 2003 Classe … Wikipédia en Français
Rolls-Royce Phantom — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Rolls Royce Phantom Fabricante Rolls Royce Empresa matriz … Wikipedia Español
Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupé — Hersteller: RR Motor Cars Produktionszeitraum … Deutsch Wikipedia
Rolls-Royce Phantom (2003) — Rolls Royce Phantom Hersteller: Rolls Royce Motor Cars Produktionszeitraum: seit 2003 … Deutsch Wikipedia
Rolls-royce phantom (2003) — Rolls Royce Phantom VI (2003) Constructeur Rolls Royce Motor Cars Classe Ultra luxueuse Moteur et transmission … Wikipédia en Français
Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupé — Constructeur Rolls Royce … Wikipédia en Français
Rolls-Royce Phantom I — ou 40/50 HP Constructeur … Wikipédia en Français
Rolls-Royce Phantom — I von 1930 … Deutsch Wikipedia