The brand became known for advertisements in which Excedrin cured especially unpleasant and excruciating headaches (which were termed in the advertisements as "Excedrin headaches," later called "Excedrin tension headaches"). The advertisements, which first started in the 1960s [http://www.tvparty.com/g2c/exced003.ram] , continue today.
In 2007, the brand branched out into marketing for other types of pains with the introduction of Excedrin Back & Body, which removed the caffeine from the normal mixture.
Over the years, different types of the drug were introducedref|2ref|3:
* 1960 Excedrin Extra Strength (the formula changed for the last time in 1978)ref|41 In 1960, Bristol-Myers Squibb introduced Excedrin(R) Extra Strength for headaches, the first multi-ingredient formulation headache treatment product [http://investor.bms.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=106664&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=341515&highlight=] . Contains 250 mg
acetaminophen, 250 mg aspirinand 65 mg caffeine
* 1969 Excedrin PM The first headache and sleeping pill combined product. [http://investor.bms.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=106664&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=341515&highlight=] Contains Contains 500 mg
acetaminophenand 38 mg diphenhydraminecitrate as a sleep aid, the same active ingredients as Tylenol PM, which was introduced several years later.
* 1998 Excedrin Migraine1 At the beginning of 1998, the FDA granted clearance to market Excedrin Migraine for the relief of migraine headache pain and associated symptoms. Excedrin Migraine continued the trend of marketing pain products for specific types of pain, becoming the first migraine headache medication available to consumers without a prescription [http://newsroom.bms.com/index.php?s=ideas&printable] , even though it has identical ingredients to the regular Excedrin Extra Strength product, 250 mg
acetaminophen, 250 mg aspirinand 65 mg caffeine.
* 2003 Excedrin Tension Headache Contains 500 mg
acetaminophenand 65 mg caffeine.
* 2005 Excedrin Sinus Headache Contains 325 mg
acetaminophenand 5 mg phenylephrineHCl as a decongestant.
* 2007 Excedrin Back and Body A dual-ingredient formula claiming that it "works two ways—as a pain reliever and a pain blocker right where it hurts". Contains equal amounts (by weight) of
acetaminophen(250 mg) and aspirin(250 mg). [http://www.excedrin.com/products/bb.shtml]
As with all medications containing
acetaminophen, the use of alcohol with Excedrin carries a significant risk of hepatotoxicity. Additionally, aspirin usage is associated with increased risk of gastrointestinal bleeding.
In 2005, Bristol-Myers Squibb announced the sale of its North American consumer medicine business (including Excedrin,
Comtrexand Keribrands) to Novartisfor 660 million dollars, in order to focus on drugs for ten most profitable disease areasref|1.
# "Novartis swallows Excedrin". Daily Mail, April 15, 2005 [http://www.dailyrecord.com/business/business1-novsale.htm]
# "Relief for Tension Headache Pain - Bristol-Myers Squibb Launches Excedrin(R) Tension Headache". BMS News Release, June 2003 [http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/06-04-2003/0001959116&EDATE=]
# "Excedrin.com > Product Guide" Nov. 12, 2006 [http://www.excedrin.com/products/index.shtml]
# "Bristol-Myers Squibb Announces Injectable Acetaminophen Licencing Agreement; - Agreement Expands Existing Pain Management Portfolio". BMS News Release, January 28, 2002 [http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/01-28-2003/0001880257&EDATE=]
# "Tylenol Terrorist". Crime Library. [http://www.crimelibrary.com/terrorists_spies/terrorists/tylenol_murders/4.html?sect=22]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Stella Nickell — Stella Maudine Nickell (nee Stephenson, born in August, 1943) is a Seattle area woman who was sentenced to 90 years in prison for murdering her husband Bruce in June 1986 by deliberately poisoning his Excedrin capsules with lethal cyanide. Her… … Wikipedia
Herzog-Jackson Motorsports — NASCAR former team Company Name = Herzog Jackson Motorsports | Owner(s) Name = Bill Herzog, Randy Herzog, Stan Herzog, Reggie Jackson Racing Series = Busch Series, SODA Championships = 0 Wins = 3 Car Number(s) = #92 Notable Driver(s) = Todd… … Wikipedia
Product recall — For The Office episode, see Product Recall. A product recall is a request to return to the maker a batch or an entire production run of a product, usually due to the discovery of safety issues. The recall is an effort to limit liability for… … Wikipedia
The Apprentice (U.S. season 5) — Infobox Television The Apprentice season name = The Apprentice 5 first aired = February 27, 2006 last aired = June 5, 2006 filming started = September, 2005 filming completed = November, 2005 winner = Sean Yazbeck number candidates = 18 number… … Wikipedia
Ppc Racing — NASCAR former team Company Name = ppc Racing | Owner(s) Name = Greg Pollex Racing Series = NEXTEL Cup, Busch Series, Craftsman Truck Series Championships = 0 NEXTEL Cup 1 Busch Series 0 Craftsman Truck Series Wins = 33 Car Number(s) = 10, 22, 57… … Wikipedia
Snapped — is a true crime television series on the Oxygen Network that debuted in 2004 in the United States. It features stories of real women who killed others, mainly husbands or boyfriends. It is edited in a documentary style, using a central voice over … Wikipedia
ppc Racing — Owner(s) Greg Pollex Base Mooresville, North Carolina Series NEXTEL Cup, Busch Series, Craftsman Truck Series Notable car numbers … Wikipedia
Aspirin — Asprin redirects here. For the author, see Robert Asprin. Aspirin … Wikipedia
Caffeine — This article is about the stimulant drug. For other uses, see Caffeine (disambiguation). Caffeine Systematic (IUPAC) name … Wikipedia
Novartis — Sandoz Laboratories redirects here. For the new Sandoz company founded in 2003, see Sandoz. Novartis International AG Type Public AG Traded as SIX: … Wikipedia