- Council Hill Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois
Council Hill Township — Township — Coordinates: Coordinates: Country United States State Illinois County Jo Daviess Established November 2, 1852 Government - Supervisor Roger Redington Area - Total 16.38 sq mi (42.43 km2) - Land 16.38 sq mi (42.43 km2) - Water 0 sq mi (0 km2) 0% Elevation 869 ft (265 m) Population (2000) - Total 179 - Density 10.9/sq mi (4.2/km2) Time zone CST (UTC-6) - Summer (DST) CDT (UTC-5) ZIP codes 61036, 61075 GNIS feature ID 0428850
Council Hill Township is one of twenty-three townships in Jo Daviess County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2000 census, its population was 179. Its name changed from Scales Township on December 6, 1853.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Council Hill Township covers an area of 16.38 square miles (42.4 km2).
- Scales Mound Township (east)
- Guilford Township (southeast)
- East Galena Township (southwest)
- Rawlins Township (southwest)
- Vinegar Hill Township (west)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Council Hill and Grant Hill.
- Galena Unit School District 120
- Scales Mound Community Unit School District 211
- Illinois' 16th congressional district
- State House District 89
- State Senate District 45
- "Council Hill Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnispublic/f?p=gnispq:3:::NO::P3_FID:0428850. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- Jo Daviess County official site
- Illinois State Archives
- Township Officials of Illinois
Municipalities and communities of Jo Daviess County, Illinois County seat: Galena Cities Villages Townships Unincorporated
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Scales Mound Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois — Infobox Settlement unit pref=Imperial settlement type=Township official name = Scales Mound Township nickname = motto = imagesize = image caption = Winter landscape in Scales Mound Township, north of Scales Mound, Illinois (2008) image mapsize =… … Wikipedia
Nora Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois — Nora Township Township Location in Jo Daviess County … Wikipedia
Derinda Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois — Derinda redirects here. For other articles with similar names, see Dorinda (disambiguation). Derinda Township Township … Wikipedia
Menominee Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois — Menominee Township Township Location in Jo Daviess County … Wikipedia
Dunleith Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois — Dunleith Township Township Location in Jo Daviess County … Wikipedia
Millville, Illinois — For the community in Adams County, see Marblehead, Illinois. Millville Town Site U.S. National Register of Historic Places … Wikipedia
Massbach, Illinois — Unincorporated community … Wikipedia
Menominee, Illinois — Coordinates: 42°28′29″N 90°32′32″W / 42.47472°N 90.54222°W / 42.47472; 90.54222 … Wikipedia
Nora, Illinois — Coordinates: 42°27′22″N 89°56′42″W / 42.45611°N 89.945°W / 42.45611; 89.945 … Wikipedia
List of townships in Illinois by county — This is a list of the 1,433 townships organized by counties. The remaining 17 counties are divided into 261 precincts.Each County has the option to adopt or remove a Township form of government. [60 ILCS 1/Art. 5] Each County also has the right… … Wikipedia