- David Blum
David Blum is a New York City writer and editor.
He began his career as a reporter in 1979 for The Wall Street Journal. He has also worked for Esquire (where he became as associate editor in 1983), been a contributing editor at New York Magazine (1985-1992), and a regular contributor to The New York Times Magazine (1995-2000).
A 1985 New York Magazine cover story by Blum is credited for coining the term Brat Pack for a group of young 1980s actors.
In 1992, he published his first book, Flash In The Pan: The Life and Death of an American Restaurant, which was named a notable nonfiction book of the year by The New York Times Book Review. He published his second book, Tick...Tick...Tick...: The Long Life & Turbulent Times of 60 Minutes, in 2004.
Blum was editor-in-chief of The Village Voice from September 2006 through March 2007 (one in a string of editors the publication had in a short period of time), and editor-in-chief of the New York Press from September 2007 through June 2008. In the latter half of 2008, he briefly served as editor-in-chief of the short-lived 02138 Magazine. He has also served as editorial director of its owner (and the owner of the New York Press), Manhattan Media.
- ^ a b c d e f "New 'Village Voice' Editor: David Blum". The Village Voice. August 8, 2006. http://www.villagevoice.com/2006-08-08/news/new-village-voice-editor-david-blum/http. Retrieved January 25, 2010.
- ^ Blum, David (1985-06-10). "Hollywood's Brat Pack". New York: 40–47. http://nymag.com/movies/features/49902/.
- ^ "Notable Books of the Year 1992". The New York Times. December 6, 1992. http://www.nytimes.com/1992/12/06/books/notable-books-of-the-year-1992.html?pagewanted=1. Retrieved January 25, 2010.
- ^ Julie Bosman (March 3, 2007). "Village Voice Fires Editor After Six Months". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/03/nyregion/03voice.html. Retrieved January 25, 2010.
- ^ Juston Jones (August 13, 2007). "Formerly at Voice, Editor Takes a Job at the Competition". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/13/business/media/13blum.html?_r=1. Retrieved January 25, 2010.
- ^ Matt Haber (July 18, 2008). "Editorial Shuffle at Manhattan Media; New Editors for New York Press and 02138". The New York Observer. http://www.observer.com/2008/media/editorial-shuffle-manhattan-media-new-editors-new-york-press-and-02138. Retrieved January 25, 2010.
- ^ John Koblin (October 28, 2008). "Notes on Black Friday: Maer's Pot of Gold, David Blum's Demise Foretold". The New York Observer. http://www.observer.com/2008/media/notes-black-friday-maer-s-pot-gold-david-blum-s-demise-foretold. Retrieved January 25, 2010.
- ^ Gabe Habash (July 8, 2011). "Kindle Singles Gains Traction". Publishers_Weekly. http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/digital/content-and-e-books/article/47935-kindle-singles-gains-traction.html/.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
David Soyer — (February 24, 1923 – February 25, 2010) was an American cellist. He was born in Philadelphia and began playing the piano at the age of nine. At 11, he started the cello. One of his first teachers was Diran Alexanian. Later on he studied with … Wikipedia
David Fasold — standing with a Drogue Stone in Kazan, Turkey Born David Franklin Fasold February 23, 1939(1939 02 23) Chicago … Wikipedia
David Reed (artist) — David Reed Painting #580 by David Reed, 2006 2008 Born 1946 San Diego Na … Wikipedia
David X. Cohen — Cohen at the 2010 Comic Con in San Diego. Born David Samuel Cohen July 13, 1966 (1966 07 13) (ag … Wikipedia
David Blu — Position Power Forward Small Forward Height 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m) Weight 225 lb (102 kg) … Wikipedia
David Lloyd Johnston — David Johnston David Lloyd Johnston, le 16 septembre 2010 Mandats 28e gouverneur gén … Wikipédia en Français
David Kahn (writer) — David Kahn David Kahn 2009 Born February 7, 1930 (1930 02 07) (age 81) New York City Occupation … Wikipedia
David Koechner — Données clés Naissance 24 août 1962 (1962 08 24) (49 ans) Tipton, Missouri Nationalité Améri … Wikipédia en Français
David Rudovsky — (born 1943, Queens, New York) is a civil rights lawyer in Philadelphia. He is a founding partner of the law firm of Kairys, Rudovsky, Messing, and Feinberg, and a Senior Fellow at University of Pennsylvania Law School, where he teaches… … Wikipedia
David Ulm — David Ulm Spielerinformationen Geburtstag 30. Juni 1984 Geburtsort Wissembourg, Frankreich Größe 176 cm Position Sturm … Deutsch Wikipedia