- Urban Search and Rescue South Carolina Task Force 1
Urban Search and Rescue [http://www.sctf1.sc.gov/ South Carolina Task Force 1] or SC-TF1 is an
urban search and rescuetask force that is sponsored by the South Carolina Firefighter Mobilization Committee, which was created by the South Carolina Firefighter Mobilization Act of 2000.cite web | url = http://llronline.com/FMARSHAL/Mobilization/PDF/Title_23_Chapter_49.pdf South Carolina Firefighter Mobilization Act of 2000 | title = South Carolina Title 23 Chapter 49| publisher = South Carolina Legislature| accessdate = February 5| accessyear = 2007] [cite web | url = http://www.scstatehouse.net/sess116_2005-2006/bills/917.htm S.917| title = South Carolina General Assembly, 116th Session, 2005-2006 Emergency Response Task Force Recognition | publisher = South Carolina Legislature| accessdate = February 14| accessyear = 2007]
The committee is made up of fire service representatives, the State Emergency Management Director, the State Forestry Director, and a representative from a county Emergency Management agency. It is a part of the State Emergency Operations Plan and can deploy within
South Carolina, or out of state through existing mutual aidagreements or through the Emergency Management Assistance Compact. [cite web | url = http://www.emacweb.org/?9 | title = Emergency Management Assistance Compact | publisher = National Emergency Managers Association | accessdate = February 5 | accessyear = 2007]
SC-TF1 meets and in most cases exceeds the staffing and equipment to the NIMS/FEMA recommendations for Type I urban search and rescue task forces, including robust search, rescue, planning,
HAZMAT/WMD, medical and logistics sections capable of self-sustained 24 hour heavy rescue operations for over 72 hours and for deployments of up to 10 days. It is a founding member of the State Urban Search and Rescue Alliance(SUSAR) [cite web | url = http://www.susar.org/| title = State Urban Search and Rescue Alliance| publisher = SUSAR| accessdate = February 5| accessyear = 2007] [cite web | url = http://www.scfa.state.sc.us/News/index.asp?file=nr/usrjuly.htm | title = LLR Fire Academy Hosts Rescue Summit | publisher = SC Fire Academy | accessdate = February 14| accessyear = 2007] which is a network of North American state and commonwealth urban search and rescueresources that formed after a meeting in South Carolinain 2005. in September, 2005. [cite web | url = http://www.myetv.org/katrina/ | title = ETV's WJWJ-TV Reporter Holly Bounds Report on South Carolina Rescue Efforts After Hurricane Katrina| publisher = South Carolina Educational Television Commission | accessdate = February 5| accessyear = 2007]
building collapse search and rescueteams are part of the South Carolina Firefighter Mobilization plan but not part of SC-TF1. They are located in Charleston, Greenville, Hilton Head Island, and Myrtle Beach.
* April, 21st, 2008 - Local, regional, state and military emergency crews conducted a full-scale disaster response simulation in Beaufort County. This five-day-long exercise involved nearly 2,345 military and civilian personnel responding to a mock earthquake scenario with partially collapsed buildings and trapped victims. SC-TF1 responded by deploying their 75 man Type I task force to the area for a four day deployment.
* SC-TF1 was legally deployed by the State of
Louisianaon September 2, 2005 to assist in search and rescue operations for Hurricane Katrina. In joint operations with St. Tammany Fire District, St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office, and the Alabama Search and Rescue Task Force, SC-TF1 was part of the effort that moved more than 2,800 people to safety (250 of whom were in immediate peril), and searched 25,000 homes and businesses in 9 days. [Larry Hess, Fire Chief St. Tammany Fire District No. 1 [http://www.slidell.la.us/files/FireDept-OpenLetter.pdf "An Open Letter To the Citizens of St. Tammany Fire District No. 1"] September 26, 2005 - Accessed February 10, 2007.]
In the news
* SC-TF1 personnel were [http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3417191&nav=0RaPaXIX interviewed] as they practiced for WMD response with other South Carolina first responders on June 1, 2005.
* Members of SC-TF1 were [http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=824534n interviewed] while on deployment in
St. Tammany Parishon CBS's The Early Showwith Tracy Smithon September 8, 2005.
* SC-TF1 was featured in the ETV and PBS documentary special [http://www.myetv.org/katrina/special_programs_care.cfm "Care from the heart."] Video clips: [http://web3.scetv.org/care.from.heart.150k.wmv Dial-up] . [http://web3.scetv.org/care.from.heart.300k.wmv Broadband] . :Fast-forward to 10:45 and 22.55.
* SC-TF1 personnel met with New York Mayor and candidate for the 2008 United States Presidential race Rudy Giuliani and were [http://www.nysun.com/article/49060?page_no=2&access=105330 interviewed] with other South Carolina first responders on February 21, 2007.
* SC-TF1 deployed to Mt. Pleasant, SC [http://www.charleston.net/news/2007/jun/07/earthquake_tests_emergency_response/ "earthquake"] exercise to test response to disasters on June 6, 2007.
* SC-TF1 deployed to Beaufort, SC for the 2008 Vigilant Guard Exercise to test their operation readiness for 2008.
* [http://www.scfirefighters.org South Carolina State Firefighters' Association]
* [http://llronline.com/FFMOB.asp South Carolina Firefighter Mobilization]
* [http://www.susar.org/ State Urban Search and Rescue Alliance (SUSAR)]
* [http://www.nemaweb.org/ National Emergency Management Association]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Urban search and rescue — also known as USAR, or Urban SAR [In the US due to legal issues involving potential confusion with the United States Army Reserve] involves the location, extrication, and initial medical stabilization of victims trapped in confined spaces.… … Wikipedia
State Urban Search and Rescue Alliance — The State Urban Search and Rescue Alliance or SUSAR is a non profit organization designed to promote and support state urban search and rescue teams across the United States. BackgroundSUSAR started informally with discussion between the task… … Wikipedia
Business and Industry Review — ▪ 1999 Introduction Overview Annual Average Rates of Growth of Manufacturing Output, 1980 97, Table Pattern of Output, 1994 97, Table Index Numbers of Production, Employment, and Productivity in Manufacturing Industries, Table (For Annual… … Universalium
Myrtle Beach Air Force Base — Part of Tactical Air Command (TAC) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina … Wikipedia
Health and Disease — ▪ 2009 Introduction Food and Drug Safety. In 2008 the contamination of infant formula and related dairy products with melamine in China led to widespread health problems in children, including urinary problems and possible renal tube… … Universalium
Law, Crime, and Law Enforcement — ▪ 2006 Introduction Trials of former heads of state, U.S. Supreme Court rulings on eminent domain and the death penalty, and high profile cases against former executives of large corporations were leading legal and criminal issues in 2005.… … Universalium
Anthropology and Archaeology — ▪ 2009 Introduction Anthropology Among the key developments in 2008 in the field of physical anthropology was the discovery by a large interdisciplinary team of Spanish and American scientists in northern Spain of a partial mandible (lower… … Universalium
United States Marine Corps Force Reconnaissance — Not to be confused with Marine Division Reconnaissance. Main article: United States Marine Air Ground Task Force Reconnaissance Marine Force Reconnaissance The insignia of Force Recon … Wikipedia
Media and Publishing — ▪ 2007 Introduction The Frankfurt Book Fair enjoyed a record number of exhibitors, and the distribution of free newspapers surged. TV broadcasters experimented with ways of engaging their audience via the Internet; mobile TV grew; magazine… … Universalium
Charlotte Fire Department — Established August 1, 1887 Staffing Career Strength 256 (Daily) … Wikipedia