- Angus Reid Global Monitor
The Angus Reid Global Monitor (ARGM) is an affiliate company of
Angus Reid Strategies. It is a web-based enterprise that follows public opinionon issues related to politics, policy and sensitive topics around the globe, and tracks democratic processes on a daily basis. It counts with a large archive of over 16,000 polls, more than 330 analysis articles, and more than 300 electionreviews.
ARGM was founded by Angus Reid in March 2003. The project has been nominated by in the "Ending Corruption: Honesty Instituted" competition held in June 2007. ARGM has also been featured as a source by several research institutes and media outlets, such as
Intute, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Canadian Defence and Foreign Affairs Institute, the Council on Hemispheric Affairs, the Oxford Research Group, the Christian Science Monitor, and The Economist.
Information provided by ARGM has appeared in the
Pakistan Business Recorder, the Tiraspol Times, The Tyee, the Focus Information Agency, Press TV, the International Relations and Security Network, Fairness and Accuracy in Reportingand the Globe and Mail. Commentary and articles from ARGM staff have been published in the Latin America Advisor, the Ottawa Citizen, the Edmonton Journal, and the Washington Post.
In addition to its journalistic reports, the Angus Reid Global Monitor also conducts its own global surveys in partnership with Angus Reid Strategies. In August 2007, ARGM conducted three surveys to gauge what people in five countries (Britain,
Canada, France, Germanyand Italy) thought about the war in Afghanistan, the war in Iraq, and the 2008 U.S. presidential election.
* [http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/14/AR2007041400775.html Washington Post]
* [http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0607/p99s01-duts.html Christian Science Monitor]
* [http://www.angusreidstrategies.com/uploads/pages/pdfs/2007.06.27%20Latin%20America%20Advisor.pdf Latin America Advisor]
* [http://www.angusreidstrategies.com/uploads/pages/pdfs/2007.07.12%20Ottawa%20Citizen.pdf Ottawa Citizen]
* [http://www.angusreidstrategies.com/uploads/pages/pdfs/2007.07.29%20Edmonton%20Journal.pdf Edmonton Journal]
* [http://www.cfr.org/publication/bolivia-letters.html Council on Foreign Relations]
* [http://www.coha.org/2007/08/14/cafta%E2%80%99s-october-referendum-a-death-sentence-for-costa-rican-foreign-investment Council on Hemispheric Affairs]
* [http://www.economist.com/displayStory.cfm?story_id=8327471 The Economist]
* [http://www.oxfordresearchgroup.org.uk/get_involved/links.php Oxford Research Group]
* [http://www.cdfai.org/newsletters/newsletterswinter2006.htm Canadian Defence and Foreign Affairs Institute]
* [http://www.discover.ac.uk/ Intute]
* [http://www.angus-reid.com Angus Reid Global Monitor web site]
* [http://angusreidstrategies.com/uploads/pages/pdfs/2007.08.27%20Afghanistan%20Press%20Release.pdf ARGM Poll on Afghanistan (Aug. 2007)]
* [http://angusreidstrategies.com/uploads/pages/pdfs/2007.08.28%20Iraq%20Press%20Release.pdf ARGM Poll on Iraq War (Aug. 2007)]
* [http://www.angusreidstrategies.com/uploads/pages/pdfs/2007.08.29%20US%20Election%20Press%20Release.pdf ARGM Poll on 2008 U.S. Election (Aug. 2007)]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Angus Reid Strategies — is a North American full service market research firm. It was established in 2006 by Angus Reid, a Canadian sociologist who founded his first research company in 1979. Reid sold the Angus Reid Group to Paris based Ipsos SA in 2000. ARS conducts… … Wikipedia
Societal attitudes towards abortion — have varied throughout different historal periods and cultures. One manner of assessing such attitudes in the modern era has been to conduct opinion polls to measure levels of public opinion on abortion.Attitudes by regionAfrica*South Africa: A… … Wikipedia
Hezbollah — For other uses, see Hezbollah (disambiguation). Hezbollah … Wikipedia
LGBT rights in Europe — legend|#980098|Same sex marriage recognisedGay rights are by far more widely accepted in Europe than in any other continent and, in many respects, Europe is arguably the most gay friendly continent on the planet.Fact|date=January 2008 As of today … Wikipedia
Monarchies in Europe — A map of Europe exhibiting the continent s republics (blue) and monarchies (red). There are twelve monarchies in Europe today. Europe s monarchies are: the Principality of Andorra, the Kingdom of Belgium, the Kingdom of Denmark, the Principality… … Wikipedia
Abortion debate — Antilife redirects here. For the comic book equation , see Anti Life Equation. The abortion debate refers to discussion and controversy surrounding the moral and legal status of abortion. The two main groups involved in the abortion debate are… … Wikipedia
Hezbolá — Operacional Desde 1982 1985 en adelante Liderado por Hassan Nasrallah Objetivos Implantación de un estado islámico en el Líbano. Regiones activas … Wikipedia Español
Abortion in Mexico — is allowed at the national level for cases of rape, health conditions or fetal defects. [http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6586959.stm Abortion legalised in Mexico City] . (April 25, 2007). BBC News. Retrieved June 21, 2007.] Only two states… … Wikipedia
Movement to impeach George W. Bush — The movement to impeach George W. Bush is a series of actions and commentary within the public and private spheres voicing support for the impeachment of United States President George W. Bush. The phrase is also used in a broader sense to refer… … Wikipedia
Opinion polling in the Brazilian presidential election, 2010 — Dilma Rousseff PT Jo … Wikipedia