- University of Development Alternative
University Of Development Alternative (UODA) Motto Education for Human Development Established 2002 Type Private, coeducational President Mujib Khan Vice-Chancellor D. Emaz Uddin Academic staff Recent best faculty is Law and Human Rights Location Dhaka, Bangladesh Campus Urban Nickname UODA Affiliations University Grant Commission Bangladesh Website www.uoda.edu.bd
The University Of Development Alternative (UODA) (Bengali: ইউনিভার্সিটি অব ডেভেলপমেন্ট অল্টারনেটিভ) is a private university in Bangladesh. It offers four-year honours degrees in ten subjects under four faculties and several master's programmes. Its campuses are in Dhanmondi, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
A group of individuals formed a non-profit and non-political social organization, the Student Welfare Organization of Bangladesh (SWOB) in 1978 for guiding youth. To achieve SWOB's mission, the College of Development Alternative (CODA) was founded in 1992 and the School of Development Alternative (SODA) in 1996. The University of Development Alternative was opened in 2002. The three institutions embody the original vision of a system of Complete Education for Alternative Development (CEFAD), imparting technical and social education from childhood to maturity.
In 2002 the government of Bangladesh approved the University Of Development Alternative (UODA). Under four faculties, UODA offers four-year honors degrees in 11 subjects. The students can also get Master's degrees.
School of Arts
- Department of English offers a Bachelor's degree
- Department of Fine Arts offers a Bachelor's degree and an MFA
- Department of Music
- Department of Bengali (Bangla)
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Law and Human Rights
School of Life Science
The School of Life Science is the largest faculty. The departments are:
- The Department of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering
- Department of Molecular Medicine and Bioinformatics (MMB)
- Department of Pharmacy
School of Engineering and Communication
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) offers a Bachelor's degree
- Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (ETE) offers a Bachelor's degree
- Department of Communication and Media Studies (CMS) offers a Bachelor's degree
School of Business Administration
The school offers a Bachelor of Business Administration BBA and a Master in Business Administration MBA.
- The College of Development Alternative (CODA), is a full-day college for teenagers with more than 25 units at Dhaka, Bangladesh established under CEFAD. The education system of this college is based on semester. Students wear uniforms.
- School of Development Alternative (SODA) is a school for children at Dhaka having many units in Dhanmondi.
- SHOMOTA is one of the concerns of this group working for poor children's education. The students of UODA work there to educate poor children.
- Alternative Baby Care is a baby care center established by the education group.
Bangladesh Universities Grants Commission (UGC), Dhaka, Bangladesh, accredits UODA.
- University admission webportal
- Educational web portal of Bangladesh
- An Educational webportal of Bangladesh
- Complete Educational Website. Know about Your University
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
School of Development Alternative — (SODA) is a full day school situated in Dhanmondi, Dhaka, Bangladesh having many unit buildings. ister Concerns*University of Development Alternative is a private university of Bangladesh situated at Dhaka and to be re established in Gazipur,… … Wikipedia
College of Development Alternative — (CODA), a wide ranged full day College having more than 25 units at Dhaka, Bangladesh established under CEFAD. The Education system of this college is based on semester. As it is said to be a strict institute, all students of this college have to … Wikipedia
University of Bridgeport — Infobox University name=University of Bridgeport established=1927 type=Private head label = President head=Neil Albert Salonen city=Bridgeport state=Connecticut country=USA undergrad=1,791 postgrad=2,961 postgrad label=graduate faculty=200 free… … Wikipedia
University of Redlands — Infobox University name = University of Redlands established =1907 type =Private faculty =204 full time; 100 adjunct president =Stuart Dorsey students =4400 under and post grad city =Redlands state =California country =United States campus… … Wikipedia
University of Regina Carmeli — (URC) formerly Colegio de Nuestra Señora del Carmen and Regina Carmeli College is a private, non stock, nonprofit Catholic school owned and managed by the Augustinian Sisters of Our Lady of Consolation. Located in Malolos City, Philippines, a… … Wikipedia
Alternative fuel vehicle — refers to a vehicle that runs on a fuel other than traditional gasoline or diesel; any method of powering an engine that does not involve solely petroleum (e.g. electric car, gasoline electric hybrid, solar powered). Due to a combination of heavy … Wikipedia
Development economics — is a branch of economics which deals with economic aspects of the development process in low income countries. Its focus is not only on methods of promoting economic growth and structural change but also on improving the potential for the mass of … Wikipedia
University of the Philippines Open University — Unibersidad ng Pilipinas Bukás na Unibersidad Motto Honor and Excellence … Wikipedia
University of Ulster — Established 1968, founded by Elizabeth II. merged 1984 Chancellor James Nesbitt … Wikipedia
Development studies — is a multidisciplinary branch of social science which addresses issues of concern to developing countries. It has historically placed a particular focus on issues related to social and economic development, and its relevance may therefore extend… … Wikipedia