- Harrison Pope
Dr. Harrison Graham Pope Jr. "Skip" (b. 1950, Massachusetts), MD, MPH is an American professor and physician, currently Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and an attending physician at
McLean Hospital. He is also the Director, [http://www.mclean.harvard.edu/research/adarc/biopsych.php Biological Psychiatry Laboratory] at McLean's. According to the ISI index, he is one of the most highly cited psychiatrists of the 20th century. Pope's research focus is on substance abuse, especially anabolic steroids (His research in this areas includes work in the area of men and their body image, particularly in his book the "Adonis Complex" where he argued that the media fuels body image disorders for not only women but men as well. See Body image), marijuana, hallucinogens, "ecstasy." He has also written extensively about "repressed memory" and "recovered memory" controversy, arguing that repressed memory does not exist. Pope has been a pioneer in designing the first randomized clinical trials of several currently accepted treatments for psychiatric disorders.
Phillips Exeter Academy
* 1969 BA
* 1972 MPH
Harvard School of Public Health
* 1974 MD
Harvard Medical School
*Olivardia, R., Pope, H.G., Borowiecki, J.J., & Cohane, G.H. (2004). Biceps and body
*Pope, H.G., Phillips, K.A., & Olivardia, R. (2000). The Adonis complex: The secret crisis of male body obsession. Sydney: The Free Press.
1. Pope HG Jr. Tabernanthe iboga: an African narcotic plant of social importance. Economic Botany 1969;23:174-84.
2. Walters PA, Jr., Goethals GW, Pope HG Jr. Drug use and life-style among 500 college undergraduates. Arch Gen Psychiatry 1972;26:92-6.
3. Hirsch MS, Moellering RC, Jr, Pope HG, Jr, Poskanzer DC. Lymphocytic- choriomeningitis-virus infection traced to a pet hamster. New Eng J Med 1974;291:610- 12.
4. Cole JO, Swett CP, Pope HG Jr. Agranulocytosis revisited. McLean Hosp J 1975;1:349.
5. Pope HG Jr. From schizophrenia to affective illness: a question of diagnosis. McLeanHosp J 1976;2:108-19.
6. Pope HG Jr, Lipinski J. Diagnosis in schizophrenia and manic-depressive illness:a reassessment of the specificity of "schizophrenic" symptoms in the light of current research. Arch Gen Psychiatry 1978;35:811-28.
7. Cole JO, Pope HG Jr, LaBrie R, Ionescu-Pioggia M. Assessing the subjective effects of stimulants in casual users: methodology and preliminary results. Clin Pharmacol Therap 1978;24:243-52.
8. Pope HG Jr. Drug Abuse and psychopathology. New Eng J Med 1979; 301:1341-43.
9. Cohen BM, Lipinski JF, Pope HG Jr, Harris PQ. Neuroleptic blood levels of patients on thioridazine and clinical improvement. Psychopharmacology 1980;70:191-3.
10. Cohen BM, Lipinski JF, Harris PQ, Sherman M, Pope HG Jr. Clinical use of the radioreceptor assay for neuroleptics. Psychiatry Res 1980;2:173-8.
11. Pope HG Jr, Lipinski JF, Cohen BM, Axelrod D. Schizoaffective disorder: an invalid diagnosis? A comparison of schizoaffective disorder, schizophrenia, and affective disorder. Am J Psychiatry 1980;137:921-7.
12. Cohen BM, Miller AL, Lipinski JF, Pope HG Jr. Lecithin in mania: a preliminary report. Am J Psychiatry 1980;137:242-3.
13. Cohen BM, Harris PQ, Pope HG Jr, Altesman RI, Lipinski JF. Radioreceptor assaysin clinical psychiatric research. Psychopharmacology Bull 1980;16:82-4.
14. Pope HG Jr, Ionescu-Pioggia M, Cole JO. Drug use and life-style among collegeundergraduates--nine years later. Arch Gen Psychiatry 1981;38:588-91.
15. Hudson JI, Laffer PS, Pope HG Jr. Bulimia related to affective disorder by family history and response to the dexamethasone suppression test. Am J Psychiatry 1982;139:685-7.
16. Pope HG Jr, Jonas JM, Cohen BM, Lipinski JF. Failure to find evidence of schizophrenia in the first-degree relatives of schizophrenics. Am J Psychiatry 1982;139:826-8.
17. Lipinski JF, Pope HG Jr. Possible synergistic action between carbamazepine and lithium carbonate: a report of three cases. Am J Psychiatry 1982;139:948-9.
18. Fogelson DL, Cohen BM, Pope HG Jr. A study of the validity of DSM-III schizophreniform disorder. Am J Psychiatry 1982;139:1281-5.
19. Pope HG Jr, Jonas JM, Jones B. Factitious psychosis: phenomenology, family history, and long-term outcome of nine cases. Am J Psychiatry 1982;139:1480-3.
20. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI. Treatment of bulimia with antidepressants. Psychopharmacology 1982;78:176-9.
21. Pope HG Jr, Jonas JM, Hudson JI, Cohen BM, Gunderson JG. Borderline personality disorder: a phenomenologic, family history, treatment response, and long-term follow-up study. Arch Gen Psychiatry 1983;40:23-30.
22. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Jonas JM, Yurgelun-Todd D. Family history study of anorexia nervosa and bulimia. Brit J Psychiatry 1983; 142:133-8.
23. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Jonas JM, Laffer PS, Hudson MS, Melby JC. Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis hyperactivity in bulimia. Psychiatry Res 1983;8:111-7.
24. Pope HG Jr. Distinguishing bipolar disorder from schizophrenia in clinical practice: guidelines and case reports. Hosp Community Psychiatry 1983;34:322-8.
25. Pope HG Jr, Ionescu-Pioggia M, Yurgelun-Todd D. Migration and manic depressive illness. Compr Psychiatry 1983;24;158-65.
26. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, Jonas JM, Yurgelun-Todd D. Bulimia treated with imipramine: a placebo-controlled double-blind study. Am J Psychiatry 1983;140:554-8.
27. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, Jonas JM. Antidepressant treatment of bulimia: preliminary experience and practical recommendations. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1983;3:274-81. 28. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr., Jonas JM, Yurgelun-Todd D. Phenomenologic relationship of eating disorders to major affective disorder. Psychiatry Res. 1983;9:345-54.
29. Zubenko G, Pope HG Jr: Management of a case of neuroleptic malignant syndrome with bromocriptine. Am J Psychiatry 1983;140:1619-20.
30. Jonas JM, Hudson JI, Pope HG, Jr. Treatment of bulimia with MAO inhibitors. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1983;3:59-60.
31. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, Yurgelun-Todd D. Anorexia nervosa and bulimia among 300suburban women shoppers. Am J Psychiatry 1984;141:292-4.
32. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, Yurgelun-Todd D, Hudson MS. Prevalence of anorexia nervosa and bulimia in three student populations. Int J Eat Disord 1984;3:45-51.
33. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Jonas JM. Psychosis in anorexia nervosa and bulimia. Br J Psychiatry 1984;145:420-3.
34. Jonas JM, Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, Satlin A. Unexplained vomiting in a 56-year-old woman: An unsuspected case of bulimia. Am J Psychiatry 1984;141:902-3.
35. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, Poskanzer D, Yurgelun-Todd D. Familial hyperkalemic periodic paralysis and bipolar disorder: a linkage and treatment study. Biol Psychiatry 1984;19:1449-59.
36. Jonas JM, Pope HG Jr. Psychosis in borderline personality disorder. Psychiatric Developments 1984;4:295-308.
37. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Jonas JM, Yurgelun-Todd D. Treatment of anorexia nervosa with antidepressants. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1985;5:17-23.
38. Jonas JM, Pope HG Jr. The dissimulating disorders: a single diagnostic entity? CompPsychiatry 1985;26:58-62.
39. Hudson JI, Wentworth SM, Hudson MS, Pope HG Jr: Prevalence of anorexia nervosa and bulimia among young women with diabetes. J Clin Psychiatry 1985;46:88-93.
40. Hudson JI, Hudson MS, Plinier LF, Goldenberg DL, Pope HG Jr. Fibromyalgia andmajor affective disorder: a controlled phenomenology and family history study. Am J Psychiatry 1985;142:441-6.
41. Pope HG Jr, Jonas JM, Hudson JI, Kafka MP. Toxic reactions to the combination of monoamine oxidase inhibitors and tryptophan. Am J Psychiatry 1985;142:491-2.
42. Weiss RW, Pope HG Jr, Mirin SM. Treatment of cocaine abuse and attention deficit disorder, residual type with magnesium pemoline. Drug Alcohol Dep 1985;15:69-72.
43. Pope HG Jr, Jonas JM, Hudson JI, Cohen BM, Tohen M. Psychosis in borderline personality disorder: an empirical study. Am J Psychiatry 1985;142:1285-90.
44. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, Mialet J-P: Bulimia in nineteenth century France: the observations of Pierre Janet. Psychological Med 1985;15:739-43.
45. Herridge PL, Pope HG Jr. Treatment of bulimia and rapid-cycling bipolar disorder with sodium valproate. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1985;5:229-30.
46. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, Jonas JM, Yurgelun-Todd D: Antidepressant treatment of bulimia: a two-year follow-up study. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1985;5:320-7.
47. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Jonas JM. Antidepressant treatment of bulimia. Adv Behav Res Ther 1985;7:173-9.
48. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, Nixon RA, Herridge PL. The epidemiology of ipecac abuse. New Engl J Med 1986;14:245-6.
49. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, Jonas JM. Bulimia in men: a series of 15 cases. J Nerv Ment Dis 1986;74:117-9.
50. Pope HG Jr, Herridge PL, Hudson JI, Fontaine R, and Yurgelun-Todd D. Treatment of bulimia with nomifensine. Am J Psychiatry 1986;143:371-3.
51. Linden R, Jonas JM, Pope HG, Jr: Pathological gambling and major affective disorder: preliminary findings. J Clin Psychiatry 1986;47:201-3.
52. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI. Antidepressant drug therapy of bulimia: current status. J Clin Psychiatry 1986;47:339-45.
53. Pope HG Jr, Cole JO, Choras T, Fulwiler CE. Apparent neuroleptic malignant syndrome with clozapine and lithium. J Nerv Ment Dis 1986; 174:493-5.
54. Pope HG Jr, Keck PE Jr, McElroy SL. Frequency and presentation of neuroleptic malignant syndrome in a large psychiatric hospital. Am J Psychiatry 1986;143:1227-33.
55. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, Zubenko GS, Jonas JM, Herridge PL. Schizoid personality disorder among psychiatric inpatients. McLean Hosp J 1986;9:1-9.
56. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr. Newer antidepressants in the treatment of bulimia. Psychopharmacol Bull 1987;23:52-7.
57. McElroy SL, Keck PE Jr, Pope HG Jr. Sodium valproate: its use in primary psychiatric disorders. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1987;7:16-24.
58. Pope HG Jr, Katz DL: Bodybuilder's psychosis. Lancet 1987;1:863.
59. Hudson JI, Katz DL, Pope HG Jr, Hudson MS, Griffing GT, Melby JC. Urinary free cortisol and response to the dexamethasone suppression test in bulimia: a pilot study. Int J Eat Disord 1987;6:191-8.
60. Pope HG Jr, Frankenburg FR, Hudson JI, Jonas JM, Yurgelun-Todd D. Is bulimia associated with borderline personality disorder? J Clin Psychiatry 1987;48:181-4.
61. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Jonas, JM, Stakes JW, Grochocinski VJ, Lipinski JF, Kupfer DJ. Sleep EEG in bulimia. Biol Psychiatry 1987;22:820-8.
62. Keck PE Jr, Pope HG Jr, McElroy SL. Frequency of the neuroleptic malignantsyndrome: experience in France and in the United States. Psychiatr Psychobiol 1987;2:59-63.
63. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI: Antidepressant medication in the treatment of bulimia nervosa. Psychopathology l987;Suppl. 1:123-9.
64. Pope HG Jr, Champoux R, Hudson JI. Eating disorder and socioeconomic class: anorexia nervosa and bulimia in nine communities. J Nerv Ment Dis 1987;175:620-3.
65. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Jonas JM, Yurgelun-Todd D, Frankenburg FR. A controlled family history study of bulimia. Psychol Med 1987;l7:883-90.
66. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Yurgelun-Todd D, Jonas JM, Frankenburg FR. A controlled study of lifetime prevalence of affective and other psychiatric disorders in bulimic outpatients. Am J Psychiatry 1987;144:1283-7.
67. Keck PE Jr, Pope HG Jr, McElroy SL. Neuroleptic malignant syndrome: a prospective study. Am J Psychiatry 1987;144:1344-6.
68. Hudson JI, Hudson MS, Pope HG Jr, Griffing GT, Melby JC. Phenomenology and family history of affective disorder in Cushing's disease. Am J Psychiatry 1987;144:951- 3.
69. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Wurtman J, Yurgelun-Todd D, Mark S, Rosenthal NE. A controlled study of obese women with bulimia. J Nerv Ment Dis l988;l76:144-52.
70. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI. Is bulimia a heterogeneous disorder? lessons from the history of medicine. Int J Eat Disord l988;7:155-66.
71. Keck PE Jr, Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, McElroy SL, Kulick A. Lycanthropy: alive and well in the twentieth century. Psychological Med 1988;18:113-20.
72. Pope HG Jr, McElroy SL, Satlin A, Hudson JI, Keck PE Jr, Kalish R. Head injury, bipolar disorder, and response to sodium valproate. Compr Psychiatry l988;29:34-8.
73. Pope HG Jr, Jr, Katz DL. Affective and psychotic syndromes associated with use ofanabolic steroids. Am J Psychiatry l988;145:487-90.
74. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Yurgelun-Todd, D. Bulimia and major affective disorder: experience with 105 patients. Psychiatr Psychobiol l988; 3:37-47.
75. McElroy SL, Pope HG Jr, Keck PE Jr, Hudson JI. Treatment of psychiatric disorders with sodium valproate: a series of 73 cases. Psychiatr Psychobiol 1988;3:8l-5.
76. Horne RL, Ferguson JM, Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, Lineberry CG, Ascher J, Cato A. Treatment of bulimia with bupropion: a controlled multi-center trial. J Clin Psychiatry 1988;49:262-6.
77. Pope HG Jr, Cohen BM, Lipinski JF, Yurgelun-Todd D. DSM-III criteria for affective disorders and schizophrenia: a preliminary appraisal using family history findings. Psychiatr Psychobiol 1988;3:159-69.
78. McElroy SM, Pope HG Jr, Keck PE Jr, Hudson JI. Sodium valproate in the treatment of rapid-cycling bipolar disorder. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1988;8:27579.
79. Pope HG Jr, McElroy SL, Nixon RA. Possible synergism between fluoxetine and lithium in refractory depression. Am J Psychiatry 1988;145:1292-4.
80. Pope HG Jr, Katz DL, Champoux R: Anabolic steroid use among 1010 college men. Physician Sportsmed 1988;16:75-81.
81. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, Yurgelun-Todd D. Depressive symptoms in bulimic, depressed, and non-psychiatric control subjects. J Affect Dis 1989;16:93-9.
82. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI. Are the eating disorders associated with borderline personality disorder? A critical review. Int J Eat Disord 1989;8:1-9.
83. Pope HG Jr, McElroy SL, Keck PE Jr, Hudson JI, Ferguson JM, Horne RL. Electrophysiologic abnormalities in bulimia and their implications for pharmacotherapy: a reassessment. Int J Eating Dis 1989;16:191-201.
84. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Keck PE Jr, McElroy SL. Treatment of bulimia nervosa with trazodone: short-term response and long-term follow-up. Clin Neuropharmacol 1989;12(suppl 1):S38-S46.
85. Keck PE Jr, Pope HG Jr, Nierenberg AA. Autoinduction of hypertensive reactions by tranylcypromine? J Clin Psychopharmacol 1989;9:48-51.
86. Keck PE Jr, Vukovic A, Pope HG Jr, Nierenberg AA, Gribble GW, White K. Acute cardiovascular response to monoamine oxidase inhibitors: a prospective assessment. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1989;9:203-6.
87. Pope HG Jr, Keck PE Jr, McElroy SL, Hudson, JI. A placebo-controlled study of trazodone in bulimia nervosa. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1989;9:254-9.
88. Keck PE Jr, Sebastianelli J, Pope HG Jr, McElroy SL. Frequency and presentation of neuroleptic malignant syndrome in a state psychiatric hospital. J Clin Psychiatry 1989;50:352-5.
89. Keck PE Jr, Pope HG Jr, Cohen BM, McElroy SL. Risk factors for neuroleptic malignant syndrome: a case-control study. Arch Gen Psychiatry 1989;46;914-8.
90. Pope HG Jr, McElroy SL, Keck PE Jr, Hudson JI. Long-term pharmacotherapy of bulimia nervosa. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1989;9:385-6.
91. McElroy SL, Keck PE Jr, Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI. Pharmacologic treatment of kleptomania and bulimia nervosa. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1989;9:358-60.
92. Pope HG Jr, Lichter SR. The reporting of AIDS. JAMA 1989;262:1949-50.
93. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr. Fibromyalgia and psychopathology: is fibromyalgia a form of "affective spectrum disorder?" J Rheumatol 1989; 16(suppl 19):15-22.
94. Aranow RB, Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Grady TO, Laage TA, Bell IR, Cole JO. Elevated antidepressant plasma levels following addition of fluoxetine. Am J Psychiatry 1989;146:911-3.
95. Lipinski JR, Mallya G, Zimmerman P, Pope HG Jr. Fluoxetine-induced akathisia: clinical implications. J Clin Psychiatry 1989;50:339-42.
96. Gutierrez-Esteinou R, Pope HG Jr. Does fluoxetine lengthen electrically-induced seizures? Convul Therap 1989;5:344-8.
97. Kulick A, Pope HG Jr, Keck PE Jr. Lycanthropy and self-identification. J Nerv Ment Dis 1990;178:134-7.
98. Pope HG Jr, Yurgelun-Todd D. Schizophrenic individuals with bipolar first degree relatives. J Clin Psychiatry 1990;51:97-101.
99. Pope HG Jr, Katz DL. Homicide and near-homicide by anabolic steroid users. J Clin Psychiatry 1990;51:28-31.
100. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr. Affective spectrum disorder: does antidepressant response identify a family of disorders with a common pathophysiology? Am J Psychiatry 1990;147:552-64.
101. Zanarini MC, Frankenburg FR, Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI,Yurgelun-Todd D, Cicchetti CJ. Axis II comorbidity of normal-weight bulimia. Compr Psychiatry 1990;30:20-4.
102. Pope HG Jr, Ionescu-Pioggia M, Aizley HG, Varma DK. Drug use and life-style among college undergraduates in 1989: a comparison with 1969 and 1978. Am J Psychiatry 1990;147:998-1001.
103. Woods BT, Yurgelun-Todd D, Benes FM, Frankenburg FR, Pope HG Jr, McSparren J. Progressive ventricular enlargement in schizophrenia: comparison to bipolar affective disorder and correlation with clinical course. Biol Psychiatry 1990;27:341-52.
104. Keck PE Jr, Seeler DC, Pope HG Jr, McElroy SL: Porcine stress syndrome: an animal model for neuroleptic malignant syndrome? Biol Psychiatry 1990;28:58-62.
105. Keck PE Jr, Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, McElroy SL, Yurgelun-Todd D, Hundert EM. A controlled study of phenomenology and family history in outpatients with bulimia nervosa. Compr Psychiatry 1990;31:275-83.
106. Pope HG Jr, McElroy SL, Keck PE Jr, Hudson JI. Valproate in the treatment of acute mania: a placebo-controlled study. Arch Gen Psychiatry 1991;48:62-8.
107. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Goldenberg DL. Chronic fatigue syndrome. JAMA 1991;265:357.
108. Pope HG Jr, Aizley HG, Keck PE Jr, McElroy SL. Neuroleptic malignant syndrome: long-term follow-up of 20 cases. J Clin Psychiatry 1991;52:208-12.
109. McElroy SL, Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Keck PE Jr. Kleptomania: clinical characteristics and associated psychopathology. Psychol Med 1991;21:93-108.
110. McElroy SL, Keck PE Jr, Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, Morris D. Correlates of antimanic response to valproate. Psychopharmacol Bull 1991;27:127-33.
111. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI. A supplemental interview for forms of "affective spectrum disorder." Intl J Psychiatry in Medicine 1991;21:205-32. 112. McElroy SL, Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, Keck PE Jr, White KL. Kleptomania: a report of 20 cases. Am J Psychiatry 1991;148:652-7.
113. Stoll AL, Pope HG Jr, McElroy SL. High dose fluoxetine: safety and efficacy in 27 cases. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1991;11:225-6.
114. Keck PE Jr, Pope HG Jr, McElroy SL. Declining frequency of the neuroleptic malignant syndrome. Am J Psychiatry 1991;148:880-2.
115. McElroy SL, Satlin A, Pope HG Jr, Keck PE Jr, Hudson JI. Treatment of compulsive shopping with antidepressants: A report of three cases. Ann Clin Psychiatry 1991;3:199- 204.
116. McElroy SL, Dessain E, Pope HG Jr, Cole JO, Keck PE Jr, Frankenburg F, Aizley HG, O'Brien S. Clozapine in the treatment of psychotic mood disorders, schizoaffective disorder, and schizophrenia. J Clin Psychiatry 1991;52:411-4.
117. McElroy SL, Pope HG Jr, Woods BT, Hudson JI, Keck PE Jr, Aizley HG. Brain Electrical Activity Mapping (BEAM) in bulimia nervosa. Ann Clin Psychiatry 1991;3:281-6.
118. Hudson JI, Weiss RD, Pope HG Jr, McElroy SL, Mirin SM. Eating disorders among hospitalized substance abusers. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 1992;18:75-85.
119. Fluoxetine Bulimia Collaborative Study Group. Fluoxetine in the treatment of bulimia nervosa: a multicenter placebo-controlled, double-blind trial. Arch Gen Psychiatry 1992;49:139-147.
120. McElroy SL, Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Keck PE Jr, Aizley HG. The DSM-III-R impulse control disorders not elsewhere classified: Clinical characteristics and relationship to other psychiatric disorders. Am J Psychiatry 1992;149:318-27.
121. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI. Is childhood sexual abuse a risk factor for bulimia nervosa? Am J Psychiatry 1992;149:455-63.
122. Hudson JI, Goldenberg DL, Pope HG Jr, Keck PE Jr, Schlesinger L. Comorbidity of fibromyalgia with medical and psychiatric disorders. Am J Medicine 1992;92:363-7.
123. Williams JBW, Gibbon M, First MB, Spitzer RL, Davies M, Borus J, Kane J, Pope HG Jr, Rounsaville B, Wittchen HU. The Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-III-R (SCID), II: Multi-site test-retest reliability. Arch Gen Psychiatry 1992;49:630-6.
124. Shedlack KJ, Pope HG, Jr. Anticonvulsant response in a case of anorexia nervosa and bipolar disorder associated with right-sided brain injury. Int J Eat Disord 1992;12:333-6.
125. McElroy SL, Keck PE Jr, Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, Faedda GL, Swann AC. Clinical and research implications of the diagnosis of dysphoric or mixed mania or hypomania. Am J Psychiatry 1992;149:1633-44.
126. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Keck PE Jr, Waternaux CM, Sullivan LE. Good sleep, bad sleep: a meta-analysis of polysomnographic measures in insomnia, depression, and narcolepsy. Biol Psychiatry 1992;32:958-75.
127. Phillips KA, McElroy SL, Keck PE Jr, Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI. Body dysmorphic disorder: 30 cases of imagined ugliness. Am J Psychiatry 1993;150:302-08.
128. Pope HG Jr, Yurgelun-Todd D. A family interview study of schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, and affective disorder: updated findings. European Psychiatry 1993;8:1-5.
129. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Sullivan LE, Waternaux CM, Keck PE Jr, Broughton RJ. A meta-analysis of polysomnography in insomnia, depression, and narcolepsy. Sleep Res 1993;22:210.
130. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Daniels SR, Horwitz RI. Insomnia, L-tryptophan, and EMS: nature of the association remains unclear. Sleep Res 1993;22:35.
131. Hudson JI, Lipinski JF, Keck PE Jr, Aizley HG, Vuckovic A, Zierk KC, Pope HG Jr. Sleep in schizophrenia. Sleep Res 1993;22:150.
132. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Daniels SR, Horwitz RI. Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome or fibromyalgia with eosinophilia? JAMA 1993;269:3108.
133. Hudson JI, Lipinski JF, Keck PE Jr., Aizley HG, Vuckovic A, Zierk KC, Pope HG Jr. Polysomnographic characteristics of schizophrenia in comparison with mania and depression. Biol Psychiatry 1993;34:191-3.
134. McElroy SL, Hudson JI, Phillips KA, Keck PE Jr, Pope HG Jr. Clinical and theoretical implications of a possible link between obsessive-compulsive disorder and impulse control disorders. Depression 1993;1:121-32.
135. McElroy SL, Phillips KA, Keck PE Jr, Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr. Body dysmorphic disorder: does it have a psychotic subtype? J Clin Psychiatry 1993;54:389-95.
136. Banov MD, Kulick AR, Oepen G, Pope HG Jr. A new identity for misidentification syndromes. Compr Psychiatry 1993;34:414-7.
137. Pope HG Jr, Katz DL, Hudson JI. Anorexia nervosa and "reverse anorexia" among 108 male bodybuilders. Compr Psychiatry 1993;34:406-9.
138. Hudson JI, Keck PE Jr, Lipinksi JF, Aizley HG, Pope HG Jr. Polysomnographic characteristics of bipolar depression. Depression 1993;1:227-30.
139. Zornberg GL, Pope HG Jr. Treatment of depression in bipolar disorder: new directions for research. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1993;13:397-408.
140. Tohen MT, Castillo J, Pope HG Jr, Herbstein J. Concomitant use of valproate and carbamazepine in bipolar and schizoaffective disorder. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1994;14:67-70.
141. Gruber AJ Pope HG Jr. Cannabis psychotic disorder: does it exist? Am J Addictions 1994;3:72-83.
142. Pope HG Jr, Mangweth B, Negrão AB, Hudson JI, Cordás TA. Childhood sexual abuse and bulimia nervosa: a comparison of American, Austrian, and Brazilian women. Am J Psychiatry 1994;151:732-7.
143. Pope HG Jr, Katz DL. Psychiatric and medical effects of anabolic-androgenic steroids: A controlled study of 160 athletes. Arch Gen Psychiatry 1994;51:375-82.
144. Ghaemi SN, Pope HG Jr. Lack of insight in psychotic and affective disorders: a review of empirical studies. Harvard Review of Psychiatry 1994;2:22-33.
145. Lipinski JF, Pope HG Jr. Do flashbacks represent obsessive-compulsive imagery? Compr Psychiatry 1994;35:245-7.
146. Choi PYL, Pope HG Jr. Violence towards women and illicit androgenic-anabolic steroid use. Ann Clin Psychiatry 1994;6:21-5.
147. McElroy SL, Keck PE Jr, Pope HG Jr, Smith J, Strakowski SM. Compulsive buying: A report of 20 cases. J Clin Psychiatry 1994;55:242-8.
148. Phillips KA, McElroy SL, Keck PE Jr, Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr. A comparison of delusional and non-delusional body dysmorphic disorder in 100 cases. Psychopharmacol Bull 1994;30:179-86.
149. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr. The concept of affective spectrum disorder: relationship to fibromyalgia and other syndromes of chronic fatigue and pain. Ballière's Clin Rheumatol 1994;8:839-56.
150. Mangweth B, Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr. Familenhintergrund bulimischer Frauen: ein crosskultureller Vergleich oesterreichischer und amerikanischer Studentinnen. Zeitschrift fur Klinische Psychologie, Psychopathologie und Psychotherapie 1995;43:57-74.
151. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI. Can memories of childhood sexual abuse be repressed? Psychol Med 1995;25:121-6.
152. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr. Does childhood sexual abuse cause fibromyalgia? Arthritis Rheum 1995;38:161-3.
153. Hudson JI, Pope HG, Daniels SR, Horwitz RI, Goldenberg DL. Fibromyalgia and eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome. J Musculoskeletal Pain 1995;3:63-75.
154. Mangweth B, Pope HG, Hudson JI. Bulimia nervosa in two cultures: a comparison of Austrian and American college students. Int J Eat Disord 1995;17:403-12.
155. Phillips KA, McElroy SL, Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr. Body dysmorphic disorder: an obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorder, a form of affective spectrum disorder, or both? J Clin Psychiatry 1995; 56 (Suppl 4):41-51.
156. Pope HG Jr, Gruber AJ, Yurgelun-Todd D. The residual neuropsychological effects of cannabis: the current status of research. Drug Alcohol Depend 1995;38:25-34.
157. Bond AJ, Choi PYL, Pope HG Jr. Assessment of attentional bias and moodin users and non-users of anabolic steroids. Drug Alcohol Depend 1995;37:241-5.
158. Olivardia R, Pope HG Jr, Mangweth B, Hudson JI. Eating disorders in college men. Am J Psychiatry 1995;152:1279-85.
159. Goldstein DJ, Wilson MG, Thompson VL, Potvin JH, Rampey AH Jr.,The Fluoxetine Bulimia Nervosa Research Group. Long-term fluoxetine treatment of bulimia nervosa. Br J Psychiatry 1995;166: 660-6.
160. First MB, Spitzer RL, Gibbon M, Williams JBW, Davies M, Borus J, Howes MJ, Kane J, Pope HG Jr, Rounsaville B, Wittchen HU. The Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-III-R Personality Disorders (SCID-II) Part II: Multi-site test-retest reliability study. J Personality Disord 1995;9:92-104.
161. Ghaemi SN, Stoll AL, Pope HG Jr, Hebben N. Lack of insight in bipolar disorder: theacute manic episode. J Nerv Ment Dis 1995;183:464-7.
162. Kouri EM, Pope HG Jr, Katz DL, Oliva PS. Fat-free mass index in users and non-usersof anabolic-androgenic steroids. Clin J Sport Med 1995;5:223-8.
163. Ram A, Cao Q, Keck PE Jr, Pope HG Jr, Otani K, Addonizio G, McElroy SL, Kaneko S, Redlichova M, Gershon ES, Gejman PV. Structural change in dopamine D2 receptor gene in a patient with neuroleptic malignant syndrome. Am J Med Genet 1995;60:228-30.
164. Kouri E, Pope HG Jr, Yurgelun-Todd D, Gruber S. Attributes of heavy vs. occasional marijuana smokers in a college population. Biol Psychiatry 1995;38:475-81.
165. Kouri EM, Lukas SE, Pope HG Jr, Oliva PS. Increased aggressive responding in male volunteers following the administration of gradually increasing doses of testosterone cypionate. Drug Alcohol Depend 1995;40:73-9. Corrigendum to “Increased aggressive responding in male volunteers following the administation of gradually increasing doses of testosterone cypionate.” Drug Alcohol Depend 1998;50:255
166. Bodkin JA, Klitzman R, Pope HG Jr,. Treatment orientation and associated characteristics of North American academic psychiatrists. J Nerv Ment Dis 1995;183:729-35.
167. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI. Does childhood sexual abuse cause adult psychiatric disorders? Essentials of methodology. J Psychiatry Law Fall 1995:363-81.
168. Pope HG Jr, Yurgelun-Todd D. The residual cognitive effects of heavy marijuana use in college students. JAMA 1996;275:521-7.
169. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI. "Recovered memory" therapy for eating disorders: implications of the Ramona verdict. Int J Eat Disord 1996;19:139-45.
170. Aguilera R, Becchi M, Casabianca H, Hatton CK, Catlin DH, Starcevic B, Pope HG Jr. Improved method of detection of testosterone abuse by gas chromatography/combustion/ isotope ratio mass spectrometry analysis of urinary steroids. J Mass Spectrometry 1996;31:169-76.
171. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr. The relationship between fibromyalgia and major depressive disorder. Rheum Dis Clin North Am 1996;22:285-303.
172. Gruber AJ, Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr. The management of treatment-resistant depression in disorders on the interface of psychiatry and medicine: fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, migraine, irritable bowel syndrome, atypical facial pain, and premenstrual dysphoric disorder. Psychiatr Clin North Am 1996;19:351-69.
173. Kouri EM, Pope HG Jr, Oliva PS. Changes in lipoprotein-lipid levels in normal menfollowing administration of increasing doses of testosterone cypionate. Clin J Sport Med 1996;6:152-7.
174. McElroy SL, Pope HG Jr, Keck PE Jr, Hudson JI, Phillips KA, Strakowski SM. Are impulse control disorders related to bipolar disorder? Compr Psychiatry 1996;37:229-40. 175. Hudson JI, Carter WP, Pope HG Jr. Antidepressant treatment of binge-eating disorder: research findings and clinical guidelines. J Clin Psychiatry 1996;57 [suppl 8] :73-9.
176. Mialet J-P, Pope HG Jr, Yurgelun-Todd D. Impaired attention in depressive states: a non-specific deficit. Psychol Med 1996;26:1009-20.
177. Pope HG Jr, Kouri EM, Powell KF, Campbell C, Katz DL. Anabolic-androgenic steroid use among 133 prisoners. Compr Psychiatry 1996;37:322-7.
178. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Carter WP, Daniels SR. Fibromyalgia, psychiatric disorders, and assessment of the long-term outcome of eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome. J Rheumatol 1996;(suppl 46) 23:37-43.
179. Mangweth B, Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, Biebl W. Bulimia nervosa in Austria and the United States: a controlled cross-cultural study. Int J Eat Disord 1996;20:263-70.
180. Mialet J-P, Bisserbe JC, Jacobs A, Pope HG Jr. Two-dimensional anxiety: a confirmationusing computerized neuropsychological testing of attentional performance. Eur Psychiatry 1996;11:344-52.
181. Gruber AJ, Pope HG Jr, Brown ME. Do patients use marijuana as an antidepressant? Depression 1996;4:77-80.
182. Ghaemi SN, Hebben N, Stoll AL, Pope HG Jr. Neuropsychological aspects of lack of insight in bipolar disorder: a preliminary report. Psychiatry Res 1996;65:113-20.
183. Suppes T, Webb A, Carmody T, Gordon E, Gutierrez-Esteinou R, Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr. Is postictal electrical silence a predictor of response to electroconvulsive therapy? J Affective Disorders 1996;41:55-8.
184. Gruber AJ, Pope HG Jr, Oliva PS. Very long-term users of marijuana in the United States: a pilot study. Subst Use Misuse 1997;32:249-64.
185. Kouri EM, Pope HG Jr, Powell KF, Oliva PS, Campbell C. Drug use history and criminal behavior in 133 incarcerated men. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 1997;23:413-9.
186. Pope HG Jr, Jacobs A, Mialet J-P, Yurgelun-Todd D, Gruber S. Evidence for a sex-specific residual effect of cannabis on visuospatial memory. Psychother Psychosom. 1997;66:179-84.
187. Mangweth B, Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, Olivardia R, Kinzl J, Biebl W. Eating disorders in Austrian men: an intra-cultural and cross-cultural comparison study. Psychother Psychosom 1997;66:214-21. 188. Pope HG Jr, Gruber AJ, Choi PY, Olivardia R, Phillips KA. Muscle dysmorphia: an underrecognized form of body dysmorphic disorder. Psychosomatics 1997;38:548-57.
189. Anfang MK, Pope HG Jr. Treatment of neuroleptic-induced akathisia with nicotine patches. Psychopharmacology 1997;134:153-6.
190. Mangweth B, Pope HG Jr, Ionescu-Pioggia M, Kinzl J, Biebl W. Drug use and lifestyle among college students in Austria and the United States. Subst Use Misuse 1997;32:461- 73.
191. Hudson JI, Chase EA, Pope HG Jr. Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing in eating disorders: caution against premature acceptance. Int J Eat Disord 1998;23:1-5.
192. Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, Bodkin JA, Oliva P. Questionable validity of ‘dissociative amnesia’ in trauma victims. Evidence from prospective studies. Br J Psychiatry 1998;172:210-5.
193. Klitzman R, Bodkin JA., Pope, HG Jr. Sexual orientation and associated characteristics among North American academic psychiatrists. J Sex Res 1998;35:282-7.
194. Gruber AJ, Pope HG Jr. Ephedrine abuse among 36 female weightlifters. Am J Addictions 1998;7:256-61.
195. Hudson, JI, McElroy SL, Raymond NC, Crow S, Keck PE Jr, Carter WP, Mitchell JE, Strakowski SM, Pope HG Jr, Coleman B, Jonas JM. Fluvoxamine in the treatment of binge-eating disorder: a multicenter placebo-controlled double-blind trial. Am J Psychiatry 1998;155:1756-62.
196. Halpern JH, Pope HG Jr. Do hallucinogens cause residual neuropsychological toxicity?Drug Alcohol Depend 1999;53:247-56.
197. Pope HG Jr, Oliva PS, Hudson JI, Bodkin JA, Gruber AJ. Attitudes towards DSM-IV dissociative disorders diagnoses among board-certified American psychiatrists. Am J Psychiatry 1999;156:321-3.
198. Kouri EM, Pope HG Jr, Lukas SE. Changes in aggressive behavior during withdrawal from long-term marijuana use. Psychopharmacology 1999;143:302-8
199. Pope HG Jr, Olivardia R, Gruber A, Borowiecki J. Evolving ideals of male body image as seen through action toys. Int J Eat Disord 1999;26:65-72.
200. Wines JD Jr, Gruber AJ, Pope HG Jr, Lukas SE. Nalbuphine hydrochloride dependence in anabolic steroid users. Am J Addictions 1999;8:161-4.
201. Gruber AJ, Pope HG Jr. Compulsive weightlifting and anabolic drug abuse among women rape victims. Compr Psychiatry 1999;40:23-7.
202. Mangweth B, Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Oberleit S, DeCol C, Kinzl J, Biebl W. Knowledge of calories and its effect on eating behavior in overweight, normal weight, and underweight individuals. Eating Weight Disord 1999; 4:165-8.
203. Aguilera R, Catlin DH, Becchi M, Phillips A, Wang C, Swerdloff RS, Pope HG, Hatton CK. Screening urine for exogenous testosterone by isotope ratio mass spectrometric analysis of one pregnanediol and two androstanediols. J Chromatography B 1999;727:95-105.
204. Gruber AJ, Pope HG Jr. Psychiatric and medical effects of anabolic-androgenic steroid use in women. Psychother Psychosom 2000;69:19-26.
205. Pope HG Jr., Kouri EM, Hudson JI. The effects of supraphysiologic doses of testosterone on mood and aggression in normal men: a randomized controlled trial. Arch Gen Psychiatry 2000;57:133-40.
206. Klitzman RL, Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI. MDMA (ecstasy”) abuse and high-risk sexual behaviors among 169 gay men and bisexual men. Am J Psychiatry 2000;157:1162-4.
207. Olivardia R, Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI. ‘Muscle dysmorphia’ in male weightlifters: a case-control study. Am J Psychiatry 2000;157:1291-6.
208. Pope HG Jr, Gruber AJ, Mangweth B, Bureau B, deCol C, Jouvent R, Hudson JI. Body image perception among men in three countries. Am J Psychiatry 2000;157:1297-301.
209. Gruber AJ, Pope HG, Borowiecki JJ, Cohane G. The development of the somatomorphic matrix: a bi-axial instrument for measuring body image in men and women. In K. Norton, T. Olds and J. Dollman (Eds.). Kinanthropometry VI. Adelaide: International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry, pp. 217-231, 2000.
210. Kouri EM, Pope HG Jr. Abstinence symptoms during withdrawal from chronic marijuana use. Exp Clin Psychopharm. 2000;8:483-492.
211. Bowden CL, Calabrese JR, McElroy SL, Hirschfeld RMA, Petty F, Gyulai L, Pope HG Jr, Chou JC, Keck PE Jr, Rhodes LJ, Swann AC, Wozniak PJ. A randomized, placebo-controlled 12-month trial of divalproex and lithium in treatment of outpatients with bipolar I disorder. Arch Gen Psychiatry 2000;57:481-489.
212. Piper A Jr, Pope HG Jr, Borowiecki JJ. Custer’s last stand: Brown, Scheflin, and Whitfield’s latest attempt to salvage “dissociative amnesia.” J Psychiatry Law 2000;28 Summer:149-213. 213. Leit RA, Pope HG Jr, Gray JJ. Cultural expectations of muscularity in men: the evolution of Playgirl centerfolds. Int J Eating Disord 2001;29:90-3.
214. Mangweth B, Pope HG Jr, Kemmler G, Ebenbichler C, Hausmann A, DeCol C, Kinzl J, Biebl W. Body image and psychopathology in male bodybuilders. Psychother Psychosom 2001;70:38-43.
215. Hudson JI, Laird NM, Betensky RA, Keck PE Jr, Pope HG Jr. Multivariate logistic regression for familial aggregation of two disorders: II. Analysis of studies of eating and mood disorders. Am J Epidemiology 2001;153:506-14.
216. Halpern JH, Pope HG Jr. Hallucinogens on the internet: a vast new source of “underground”drug information. Am J Psychiatry 2001;158:481-3.
217. Cohane GH, Pope HG Jr. Body image in boys: a review of the literature. Int J Eating Disord. 2001;29:373-9.
218. Kanayama G, Gruber AJ, Pope HG Jr, Borowiecki JJ, Hudson JI. Over-the-counter druguse in gymnasiums: an underrecognized substance abuse problem? PsychotherPsychosom 2001;70:137-40.
219. Lalonde JK, Hudson JI, Gigante RA, Pope HG Jr. Canadian and American Psychiatrists’ attitudes toward dissociative disorders diagnoses. Can J Psychiatry 2001;46:407-12.
220. Pope HG, Jr., Olivardia R, Borowiecki JJ, Cohane GH. The growing commercial value of the male body: a longitudinal survey of advertising in women’s magazines. Psychother Psychosom 2001;70:189-92.
221. Cannell J, Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr. Standards for informed consent in recovered memory therapy. J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 2001;29:138-47.
222. Gruber AJ, Pope HG Jr, Lalonde JK, Hudson JI. Why do young women diet? The roles of body fat, body perception, and body ideal. J Clin Psychiatry 2001;62:609-11.
223. Pope HG Jr, Ionescu-Pioggia M, Pope KW. Drug use and lifestyle among collegeundergraduates: a 30-year longitudinal study. Am J Psychiatry 2001;158:1519-21.
224. Pope HG Jr, Gruber AJ, Hudson JI, Huestis MA, Yurgelun-Todd D. Neuropsychologicalperformance in long-term cannabis users. Arch Gen Psychiatry 2001;58:909-15.
225. Negus SS, Pope HG Jr, Kanayama G, Wines JD Jr, Fischer B. Lack of evidence for opioid tolerance or dependence in rhesus monkeys following high-dose anabolic-androgenic steroid administration. Psychoneuroendocrinology 2001;26:789-96.
226. Leit, RA, Gray JJ, Pope HG Jr, The media’s representation of the ideal male body: A cause for muscle dysmorphia? Int J Eating Disord 2002;31:334-8.
227. Choi PYL, Pope HG, Jr, Olivardia R. Muscle dysmorphia: a new syndrome in weightlifters. Br J Sportsmed 2002;36:375-7.
228. Lipinski JP, Pope HG Jr. Body ideals in young Samoan men: a comparison with men in North America and Europe. Int J Men Health 2002;1:163-71.
229. Pope HG Jr., Gruber AJ, Hudson JI, Huestis MA, Yurgelun-Todd D. Cognitive measures in long-term cannabis users. J Clin Pharmacol 2002;42:41S-47S.
230. Pope HG Jr., Kanayama G, Cohane G, Siegel A, Hudson JI. Testosterone gel supplementation for men with refractory depression: a randomized placebo-controlled trial. Am J Psychiatry 2003;160:105-11.
231. Hudson JI, Mangweth B, Pope HG Jr, DeCol C, Hausmann A, Gutweniger S, Laird NM, Biebl W, Tsuang MT. Family study of affective spectrum disorder. Arch Gen Psychiatry 2003;60:170-7. 232. Kanayama G, Cohane G, Weiss RD, Pope HG Jr. Past anabolic-androgenic steroid use among men admitted for substance abuse treatment an underrecognized problem? J Clin Psychiatry 2003;64:156-60.
233. Halpern JH, Pope HG Jr. Hallucinogen persisting perception disorder: What do we know after 50 years? Drug Alcohol Depend 2003;69:109-19.
234. Pope HG Jr, Gruber AJ, Hudson JI, Cohane G, Huestis MA, Yurgelun-Todd D. Early-onset cannabis use and cognitive deficits: what is the nature of the association? Drug Alcohol Depend 2003;69:303-10.
235. Kanayama G, Pope HG Jr, Cohane G, Hudson, JI. Risk factors for anabolic-androgenic steroid use among weightlifters: a case-control study. Drug Alcohol Depend 2003;71:77-86.
236. Carter WP, Hudson JI, Lalonde JK, Pindyck L, McElroy SL, Pope HG Jr. Pharmacologic treatment of binge eating disorder. Int J Eating Disord 2003;34:S74-S88.
237. Mangweth B, Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Hausman A, De Col C, Laird NM, Biebl W, Tsuang MT. Family study of the aggregation of eating disorders and mood disorders. Psychol Med 2003;33:1319-23.
238. Gruber AJ, Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI, Yurgelun-Todd, D. Attributes of long-term heavy cannabis users: a case-control study. Psychol Med 2003;33:1415-22.
239. Mangweth B, Hausmann A, Walch T, Hotter A, Rupp CI, Biebl W, Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr. Body fat perception in eating disordered men. Int J Eating Disord 2004;35:102-08.
240. Halpern JH, Pope HG Jr, Sherwood AR, Barry S, Hudson JI, Yurgelun-Todd D. Residual neuropsychological effects of illicit 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) in individuals with minimal exposure to other drugs. Drug Alcohol Depend 2004;75:135-47.
241. Olivardia R, Pope HG Jr, Borowiecki III JJ, Cohane GH. Biceps and body
242. Pope HG Jr, Kanayama G, Ionescu-Pioggia M, Hudson JI. Anabolic steroid users’ attitudes towards physicians. Addiction 2004;99:1189-94.
243. Hudson JI, Arnold LM, Keck PE Jr, Auchenbach MB, Pope HG Jr. Family study of fibromyalgia and affective spectrum disorder. Biol Psychiatry 2004;56:884-91.
244. Hausmann A, Mangweth B, Walch T, Rupp C, Pope HG Jr. Body-image dissatisfaction in gay vs. heterosexual men: is there really a difference? J Clin Psychiatry 2004;65:1555-8.
245. Pillay SS, Rogowska J, Kanayama G, Jon D, Gruber S, Simpson N, Cherayil M, Pope HG Jr, Yurgelun-Todd DA. Neurophysiology of motor function following cannabis discontinuation in chronic cannabis smokers: an fMRI study. Drug & Alcohol Dependence 2004;76:261-71.
246. Yang CF, Gray P, Pope HG Jr. Male body image in Taiwan vs. the West: Yanggang Zhiqi meets the Adonis complex. Am J Psychiatry 2005;162:263-269.
247. Kanayama G, Rogowska J, Pope HG Jr, Gruber SA, Yurgelun-Todd DA. Spatial working memory in heavy cannabis users: an fMRI study. Psychopharmacology 2004; 176:239-47.
248. Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Glynn RJ. The cross-sectional cohort study: an under-utilized design. Epidemiology 2005;16:355-9.
249. Campbell BC, Pope HG Jr, Filiault S. Body image among Ariaal men from Northern Kenya. J Cross-Cultural Psychology 2005;36:371-379.
250. Tzilos GK, Cintron CM, Woods J, Young AD, Simpson NS, Pope HG Jr, Yurgelun-Todd DA. Lack of hippocampal volume change in long-term heavy cannabis users. Am J Addictions 2005;14:64-72. 251. Halpern JH, Sherwood AR, Hudson, JI, Yurgelun-Todd D, Pope HG Jr. Psychological and cognitive effects of long-term peyote use among Native Americans. Biol Psychiatry, 2005;58:624-631.
252. Pope CG, Pope HG Jr, Menard W, Fay C, Olivardia R, Phillips KA. Clinical features of muscle dysmorphia among males with body dysmorphic disorder. Body Image 2005;2:395-400.
253. Mangweth B, Hausmann A, Danzl C, Walch T, Rupp CI, Biebl W, Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr. Childhood body-focused behaviors and social behaviors as risk factors of eating disorders. Psychother Psychosom 2005;74:247-53.
254. Pope HG Jr, Barry S, Bodkin JA, Hudson JI. Tracking a scientific interest in the dissociative disorders: a study of scientific publication output from 1984-2003. Psychother Psychosom 2006;75:19-24.
255. Gray P,Yang CF, Pope HG Jr. Fathers have lower salivary testosterone levels than unmarried men and married non-fathers in Beijing, China. Proceedings of the Royal Society B 2006;273:333-9.
256. Hudson JI, Lalonde JK, Berry JM, Pindyck LJ, Bulik CM, Crow SJ, McElroy SL, Laird NM, Tsuang MT, Walsh BT, Rosenthal NR, Pope HG Jr. Binge eating disorder as a distinct familial phenotype in obese individuals. Arch Gen Psychiatry 2006;63:313-9.
257. Kanayama G, Barry S, Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr. Body image, self-esteem, and attitudes towards male roles in anabolic-androgenic steroid users. Am J Psychiatry 2006;163:697-703.
258. Sewell R, Halpern JH, Pope HG Jr. Response of Cluster Headache to Psilocybin and LSD. Neurology 2006; 66:1920-1922.
259. Pope HG Jr, Lalonde JK, Pindyck LJ, Walsh BT, Bulik CM, Crow SJ, McElroy SL, Rosenthal N, Hudson JI. Binge eating disorder: a stable syndrome. Am J Psychiatry 2006;163:2181-83.
260. Sneider JT, Pope HG Jr, Silveri MM, Gruber SA, Rogowska J, Yurgelun-Todd DA. Altered regional blood volume in chronic cannabis smokers. Exp Clin Psychopharm 2006;14:422-8.
261. Hudson JI, Hiripi E, Pope HG Jr, Kessler RC. The prevalence and correlates of eating disorders in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication. Biol Psychiatry 2007;61:348-58. 262. Pope HG Jr, Poliakaoff MB, Parker MP, Boynes M, Hudson JI. Is dissociative amnesia a cultural artifact? Findings from a survey of historical literature. Psychological Med 2007;37:225-33.
263. Bodkin JA, Pope HG, Detke MJ, Hudson JI. Is PTSD caused by traumatic stress? J Anx Disord 2007;21:176-82.
264. Kanayama G, Boynes M, Hudson JI, Field AE, Pope HG Jr. Anabolic steroid abuse among teenage girls: an illusory problem? Drug Alcohol Depend 2007;88:156-62.
265. Brendel DH, Chu J, Radden J, Leeper H, Pope HG, Samson J, et al. The price of a gift: an approach to receiving gifts from patients in psychiatric practice. Harvard Rev Psychiatry 2007;15:43-51.
266. Choi-Kain LW, Pope HG. “Atypical” Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome and the spectrum of malignant cerebrotoxic syndromes. Harvard Rev Psychiatry 2007;15:181-86.
267. Kanayama G, Amiaz R, Seidman S, Pope HG Jr., Testosterone supplementation for depressed men: current research and suggested treatment guidelines. Exp Clin Psychopharm 2007;15:529-38.
268. Yang CF, Hooven CK, Gray PB, Boynes M, Pope HG Jr. Testosterone levels and mental rotation performance in Chinese men. Horm Behavior 2007;51:373-8.
269. Pillay SS, Rogowska J, Kanayama G, Duk-In J, Gruber S, Simpson N, Cherayil M, Pope HG Jr., Yurgelun-Todd D. Cannabis and Motor Function: fMRI changes following 28 days of discontinuation. Exp Clin Psychopharm 2008;16:22-32.
270. Hudson JI, Javaras KN, Laird NM, VanderWeele TJ, Pope HG Jr, Hernán MA. A structural approach to the familial coaggregation of disorders. Epidemiology 2008;19:431-9.
271. Yang CF, Gray PB, Zhang J, Pope HG Jr. Second to fourth digit ratios, sex differences, and behavior in Chinese men and women. Soc Neuroscience 2008;99999(1):1-11
272. Javaras KN, Laird NM, Reichborn-Kjennerud T, Bulik CM, Pope HG Jr, Hudson, JI. Familiarity and heritability of binge eating disorder: results of a case-control family study and a twin study. Int J Eat Disord 2008;41:174-79.
273. Javaras KN, Pope HG Jr., Lalonde JK, Roberts JL, Nillni YI, Laird NM, Bulik CM, Crow SJ, McElroy SL, Walsh BT, Tsuang MT, Rosenthal. NR, Hudson JI. Co-Occurrence of binge eating disorder with psychiatric and medical disorders. J Clin Psychiatry 2008;69:266-73.
274. Schneider, JT, Pope, HG Jr., Silveri, MM, Simpson, NS, Gruber, SA, & Yurgelun-Todd, DA. Differences in regional blood volume during a 28-day period of abstinence in chronic cannabis smokers. European Neuropsychopharmacology 2008;18:612-619
275. Kanayama G, Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr. Long-term psychiatric and medical effects of anabolic-androgenic steroids: A looming public health concern? Drug Alcohol Dep, in press.
* [http://www.mclean.harvard.edu/about/bios/detail.php?username=hpope Bio at McLean's Website]
* [http://hcr3.isiknowledge.com/author.cgi?&link1=Search&link2=Search%20Results&AuthLastName=Pope&AuthFirstName=&AuthMiddleName=&AuthMailnstName=&CountryID=-1&DisciplineID=0&id=1714 ISI Highly Cited Researchers: Pope, Harrison Graham]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Pope John Paul II (TV miniseries) — Infobox Film name = Pope John Paul II imdb id = 475999 writer = John Kent Harrison starring = Jon Voight Cary Elwes James Cromwell Ben Gazzara Christopher Lee director = John Kent Harrison producer = distributor = CBS released = December 4 7,… … Wikipedia
Pope John Paul II — John Paul II John Paul II in 1993 Papacy began 16 October 1978 Papacy ended 2 April 2005 ( 1000000000000002600000026 years, 1000000 … Wikipedia
Pope Julius II — Infobox pope|English name=Julius II birth name=Giuliano della Rovere term start=1 November 1503|term end=21 February 1513 predecessor=Pius III|successor=Leo X birth date=5 December 1443|birthplace=Albisola, Italy dead=dead|death date=21 February… … Wikipedia
Harrison High School (Georgia) — Infobox School name = Harrison High School type = Public school location = 4500 Due West Road Kennesaw, Georgia information = (678) 594 8104 established = 1991 grades = 9 12 enrollment = 2,666 principal =Mr. Donnie Griggers athletic director =… … Wikipedia
Thomas Harrison (architect) — Thomas Harrison (August 7 (baptised) 1744 ndash; 29 March 1829) was an English architect and engineer. He built a number of bridges, including Grosvenor Bridge in Chester. He also rebuilt parts of Chester and Lancaster castles. His building… … Wikipedia
Brian Harrison (theologian) — Brian Harrison OS, MA, STD, (born 1945) is an Australian born Roman Catholic priest and theologian. Father Harrison is a prolific writer on religious issues and an emeritus professor of theology at the Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto… … Wikipedia
Charles G. Pope — 7th Mayor of Somerville, Massachusetts … Wikipedia
Theology of Pope Pius XII — The theology of Pope Pius XII comprised fourtyone encyclicals, and almost 1000 messages, and speeches during his long pontificate. The encyclicals Mystici Corporis and Mediator Dei clarified membership and participation in the Church. The… … Wikipedia
Rex Harrison — Infobox actor name = Rex Harrison imagesize = 200px caption = Rex Harrison pictured in 1947 birthdate = birth date|1908|3|5 location = Huyton, Lancashire, England deathdate = death date and age|1990|6|2|1908|3|5 deathplace = New York City, New… … Wikipedia
Social teachings of Pope Pius XII — refers to encyclicals, apostolic constitutions and speeches by Pope Pius XII on non theological issues involving medicine, science, education, social justice, family and sexuality and occupations. ocial teachingsMedical theologyPius XII delivered … Wikipedia